Profile for Tom123 > Reviews

Tom123

Page: 1 | 2
Digital AV Adapter for all Apple iPad / iPhone/ iPod Touch
Digital AV Adapter for all Apple iPad / iPhone/ iPod Touch
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 4.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice, 3 Nov 2013
It worked for about a minute then had to mess about tying to get it going again
as others said it would not play some movies but could be watched on the phone no problem
watched a small personal video good quality but kept losing signal form iPhone 5 to HDMI TV
would be nice if it worked but will probably sit in a draw

ION Video 2 PC MKII USB Digital Video Conversion System for Mac/PC
ION Video 2 PC MKII USB Digital Video Conversion System for Mac/PC
Price: 39.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 7 Aug 2013
I'm a handyman and one of my regulars ask me to convert some Vhs tapes on to DVD
looked around and nearly bought a dvd/vhs combo but went for this instead as I can now convert and store or edit on my laptop then burn to dvd .your never going to get perfect results -VHS tape looks scrappy now but it did an adequate job, slow process as it can only record in real time, it will do other media types dvd tv ect with much better quality
Quite easy to setup Glad I got it

Sansui WTR-100 WiFi Radio
Sansui WTR-100 WiFi Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky but good, 7 Aug 2013
Purchased this for my brother who lives in Canada on a recent visit wanted to get BBC radio over there- had another only a different name.Over a year and I can't do without it, yes it's quirky setup and the screen is far too small sometimes you have to reset the network or the code seems to lose its way but rare just 'Turning it on and off 'seems to work as long as you have good Wi-Fi . It's fantastic on headphones that's if the station is 128bit stereo- some are not so you get mono - the FM works ok but hardly ever use it -One thing it's very tuff -dropped it a few times .Fully charged it will last all night- know this as I don't sleep much so I have my pre-sets .Supplied is a USB to charge on a pc/laptop but you can also use this connected to a mains adapter.
I would very much recommend this (Quirky) Wi-Fi radio

RJ45 Cable Economiser
RJ45 Cable Economiser
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 5.29

2.0 out of 5 stars no good to me, 6 Aug 2013
Well I thought it would split my Ethernet cable feeding the LG TV then connect to the Freeview box but no go,
don't no why not- maybe I need some other type ?

Epson Perfection V370 Photo 4800 dpi scanner with ReadyScan LED technology - slides, film and negatives
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as new option -Ok, 6 April 2013
I went for the used (as new) option, it came the next morning.tried to install it on my Pc running Win.Pro 7 32bit ver.'Computer says no'. No driver would install, so after trying everything including updating this and that- disabling anti-virus -firewall- searching the web for help, (many hours)-waste of time got nowhere. Then tried it on my Win7 Ultimate 64bit Laptop and bish bang bing it installed and all was well. According to specs. It's supposed to be compatible with 32/64bit vers. Maybe it will work on your version of win.7 32bit-I don't know why it would not install on mine anyways after wasting so much time I scanned in a slide, (which is the only reason for getting this) and results were ok. Photos and docs also worked well, software is a bit basic but does the job, the unit itself is easy to use and fairly quick-good for the money, but I could have done without the install hassle.

Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by thesaverdeals
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Crysis 2 -top game, 23 Jan 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crysis 2 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
My mid range pc win7
Dual Core Intel 2.60GHz
4 gig ram
Ati-AMD Radeon HD 6700

I thought it might not run well but wow it
Runs very well with great graphics-no probs as to game play I love it-didn't like dying a lot in one area as you can't save as you go
Console has been disabled so managed to find a mod file for the Nanosuit which gives you a bit more energy,
Stealth mode you still can die. Don't know about what it's all about as others have said
One time you're killing yanks then aliens love the guns- quite realistic.
I think at this price its worth a go- glad I did
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 2:37 PM GMT

Cooler Master GeminII M4 Downblow Cooler for CPU
Cooler Master GeminII M4 Downblow Cooler for CPU
Offered by Value_Deal
Price: 35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool cooler, 23 Nov 2012
Delivered fairly quick and packaged well enough so no problems there
The fan is very well protected in the box with thick foam -all the attachments for various CPU's
are present and the instructions are basic but easy to follow -there was just one issue that puzzled me
As I was using the 775 system there are 4 rubber washers in the pack which I thought might go
on the m/board -YouTube vid shows being used on an Amd system but all other vids show not using them and
Looking carefully at the instructions which I had to use a magnifying glass its small but it's not on the 775
Just thought I'd mention that as install was very easy and is working very well and very quiet.
Being low profile you have to be careful which way round to clear all the ram/pots you may have-
a problem on some boards-as I'm still building the computer can't say much about the long term cooling under pressure
So very happy with this purchase- I can highly recommend the well-built good looking "Quite" -
Cool Cooler master GeminII

CISS FOR EPSON R265 R380 R285 RX560 RX585 RX685  CIS CONTINUOUS INK SYSTEM TO801 - TO806
CISS FOR EPSON R265 R380 R285 RX560 RX585 RX685 CIS CONTINUOUS INK SYSTEM TO801 - TO806
Offered by Coralgraph Inc Ltd
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on review, 6 July 2012
So I've been using the system on the Epson stylus photo R265 for over a year now and I've printed loads of text and fair amount of photos at A4 size
The bottles are about half full. Nothing's perfect and there were one or two problems but nothing serious - just had to follow some help files
and get rid of air pockets in the tubes using the syringes supplied -also like before if you don't use the printer for a couple of weeks
You have run the clean routine to get your colours printing right. This may use some ink but that's ok as you can afford to. The quality is very good for photo prints using the right paper and settings, the Epson software will show the inks levels full which is nice but on mine the levels went up and down -this does not affect the printing. If I do need another printer I'll make sure it can use a similar system, for me it's worked out very well for my old printer. Ok the setup was a little fiddly but well worth it-
Highly recommend this ink system.

Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs, Value Pack, 6 pr
Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs, Value Pack, 6 pr
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare
Price: 3.97

2.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 6 April 2012
Got this as reviews said it was good for reducing noise but I found them nere to useless
the only use I found for them was to fill up a hole in some timber.

Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money but I'm fussy about fan noise, 6 April 2012
The free post option took a long time-Sometimes you get lucky anyways -installs easy on Win 7. Graphics are very good, a little smoother in games than my original card-You can ramp up the res. and effects -I went for this card as a review here said it was quiet- well the fan seems to be making some Noise- so a little disappointed about that, as I had built a quiet computer -so d/Loaded `Sapphire Trixx' mainly for overclocking but you get control over the fan speed and that seemed to do the trick, although if I had known about the fan noise I would of gone for a fanless version apart from that its great!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2014 10:23 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2