Profile for N. E. Dunkley > Reviews

Content by N. E. Dunkley

N. E. Dunkley "Ned" (Amsterdam today)

Womens Men Unisex Batman and Superman Print Hooded Zip Front Jumpsuit Onesie Size S-XL (L, Royal Blue .super men)
Offered by ICONIC FASHION
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaks for itself, 2 Jan 2014
When stuck for a joke gift in secret Santa do not look any further than this. the perfect wind up for christmas

IT7S Bluetooth Sports Earphones with Mic
IT7S Bluetooth Sports Earphones with Mic
Offered by Mobitz
Price: 92.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue tooth head set, 2 Jan 2014
I purchased this headset for my good lady, it is a really light weight unit and I may have to get the same for me. My one criticism with the design is the bar around the back of your head is quite thick and round, it could be much thinner and flattened to make it more comfortable while laying in bed or leaning back in a chair. Marks out of 10? 8.5 to 9

Busy Making Noise
Busy Making Noise
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.10

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked Diamond Dogs, Clash, Sham 69 and Cockney Rejects. You're gonna love this., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Busy Making Noise (Audio CD)
This is a truly great album, the music is rocking deep and meaningful AND IT MAKES YOUR FOOT TAP!! This band is a great collection of talent, I can't wait for the next album.

The Strange Case of Dr Terry and Mr Chimes
The Strange Case of Dr Terry and Mr Chimes
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Life the universe and everything, 16 Nov 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm What makes me a person who should write a review about this particular book?

Well I read it does that help?

About me; well for a start I as a young man I always likes rock music by people such as Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, okay enough, that kind of sound.
When Punk came on the scene I hated everything about it, I hated the clothes, I hated the hair and of course I hated the music. However I was soon to hear about "New Wave music", and I quite liked this. So it went without saying that if I liked it, it couldn't be punk. So you will be interested to know Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sham 69, Buzzcocks, the Damned or even The Clash they were clearly new wave not punk, if they were punk I would not have liked them.
So this gives me a perfect understanding of this book as in recent years I realized I also really quite like the Sex Pistols as well, who'd have thunk it, I was a punk in denial.

So Dr Terry and Mr Chimes:
I was given this book two weeks ago by a really nice guy who thought I might like it, so I downloaded it and started to give it a read. As is often the case with a new book I would read one or two pages and as I read more, the reading "chunks" became longer.
This book may not be what you would expect from an old Punk Rock drummer, for a start it isn't a "me me me book", Terry Chimes seems to have a unique perspective on life and people.
This book will tell you how he grew into the person he is today and may give a hint of who he will become tomorrow. I wish I had made notes as I read this book, because there were several points where I found myself thinking "that happened to me as well" but for the life of me as I sit here I cannot remember a single example.
So why should you read this book?
This is an insight into an unusual man; his musical talent is obviously unquestioned. As you read; he tells stories of growing up in the East End and his parents siblings and extended family (all entertaining), the people who were around during the formation of The Clash, stories of being out on the road and recording studios, as well as the other bands and people he worked with over the years.
There is an explanation of why he left music behind and how his life and career changed, surprisingly he is a philosopher whether he knows that would be interesting to find out?
He has a way of looking at the world and other people which is very special, I think I will give it a week and read this book again.
I cannot help but put a bit of a spoiler in here from the end of the book, there is a new band he is in now and I purchased their album. If you like the clash try this one on for size:
Busy Making Noise Explicit Crunch
Dr Chimes if you happen to read your own reviews thank you it has been a pleasure.

Ned Dunkley (The closet punk)

Tempest
Tempest
Price: 5.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
To say the least I was very dissapointed by this album, not sure why though. Bobs voice is very different these days, it could be that. He sings the same tune throughout the album no matter what the music is doing it could be that. I have found however, if I listen to the tracks individually rather than the complete album they are a quite good. Maybe next year I will re-rate this as I am hoping it will grow on me with time.

London Calling
London Calling

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: London Calling (MP3 Download)
Just bring on the noise boys, I need to get a lot more of this era, at the time I was to much into whitesnake and motorhead to listen

ON THE BORDER
ON THE BORDER
Price: 6.60

5.0 out of 5 stars The pre (first) greatest hits album, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: ON THE BORDER (Audio CD)
Suddenly realised I didn't have the early eagles album, now I have. glad to have the complete collection once again

Eagles
Eagles
Price: 5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The pre (first) greatest hits album, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Eagles (Audio CD)
Suddenly realised I didn't have the early eagles album, now I have. glad to have the full collection once again

The Long Run
The Long Run
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last of the eagles, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Long Run (Audio CD)
So I went to see an Eagles tribute band, they played quite a few tacks from an album which I had purchased when it first came out but didn't rate. It has improved with age and now it rates 7 stars. Stoopid amazon only goes to 5.

Charlie Gold Eau Fraiche Spray 100ml
Charlie Gold Eau Fraiche Spray 100ml
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my good lady, 15 Mar 2013
Many years ago this was my dear lady's favourite fragrance, for many years she could not find it in the shops. I looked it up as a Valentines gift, hey presto!!

She was over the moon with it, apparently it has the same fragrance and if she is happy I am happy.

Top Pong