Profile for Steve > Reviews

Titanium Court Polished 4mm Ring - Size T
Titanium Court Polished 4mm Ring - Size T
Price: 15.02

5.0 out of 5 stars My wedding ring, 24 Sep 2011
I bought this ring as my wedding ring, and I am really pleased with it. Definitely recommend it. I visited high street jewellers to try out different styles and find out my size. I knew that I wanted a 4mm ring as it seemed to suit my finger. This ring is the equal of what I looked at on the high street in white gold, palladium etc but at a fraction of the price. The look and feel of it is exactly the same, no one would ever suspect the difference in price! Quality is excellent, titanium has the advantage of being extremely durable and hard to scratch. It sits quite high on the finger and with a rounded look.

The Economist - UK Edition
The Economist - UK Edition
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Economist - excellent for Kindle, 9 May 2011
I found the Economist much easier to read on the Kindle, really impressed. Actually found I read a fair higher percentage of the articles than I do with the print form.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (Wii)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Woods 11 with Motionplus - the best sports sim ever, 7 Nov 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The use of the motionplus with Trueview in this game makes it the most impressive sports sim I have ever played! Its unbelievably realistic, in the hardest modes I find the shots mirror my shot shapes on the real course. The progression through the game and rankings and stuff is well paced to keep you coming back for more.
For the 2012 version would love to see them bring in the balance board as well, that would be immense! Could pretty much detail your exact swing in the game.
Highly recommend this if your looking for a golf game.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Wii)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Wii)
Offered by Korte-EDV Internetmarketing & Vertrieb, Preise inkl. MwSt.
Price: 6.89

4.0 out of 5 stars As ever Pro Evo on the Wii is fantastic, but not much progress from 2010 version, 7 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
In my honest opinion Pro Evolution Soccer for the Wii is THE BEST footie game on any platform anywhere. The reason being the control system, the combined use of the pointer with the joystick on the nunchuk gives control over the whole game, after playing this way its impossible to go back to control pad style games like PS3 or XBox. Playing that way feels like your not really doing anything, the AI does all the work.
2011 is the complete package, with Masters League, Champions Road and online play. I can't see any tangible changes from 2010 version though, would like to see Konami put some more effort into developing the Wii version even further.
If your looking for a footy game and you own a Wii, get this.

GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3rd party developed game on the Wii, 7 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) (Video Game)
Highly recommend to anyone who owns a Wii and has ever grumbled that there aren't enough good games around for it, there's really no excuse not to get this! Best graphics I have seen so far on this console, production values incredible and the gameplay does not disappoint. Online play is highly addictive, and with the 4 player split screen too what more could you want?
I loved the original N64 version, probably played it for thousands of hours with mates at uni (it was the only reason we had an N64) the Wii version is a worthy successor.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (Wii)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (Wii)
Offered by 4GamersUK
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars PES on the Wii is THE football game, 10 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
PES on the Nintendo Wii has completely revolutionized football games. PES 2010 has pretty much perfected what they started with 08 and 09.
The improvements over 09 are not huge, but enough to significantly improve gameplay.
Defending has been tweaked slightly so is more manageable, you can drag a defenders run to intercept an attacker more easily.
You can now hold down the Z button to sprint when controlling a player with the nunchuk joystick. This doesn't sound like much but gives a lot of extra control.
Online play is a lot smoother, and you can use your Champions Road/Master League teams to play with online.
The graphics are improved and proper songs play in the menus.

In summary I'd say if you haven't tried PES on the Wii, get 2010 now. You won't look back.
If you've got 09 and think 2010 probably isn't worth getting, think again. Theres enough there to make it worthwhile.

C250 (UK & Ireland)
C250 (UK & Ireland)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mio C250, 11 Oct 2007
This review is from: C250 (UK & Ireland) (Electronics)
I received this item as an unexpected Christmas present last year, and I have to say its excellent.

Its very simple to operate using the touchscreen menus and setting a route can be done quickly and efficiently. The cockpit menu can be customised, I use it to display my current speed, miles left to destination and time to destination.

The directions are clear and precise, the maps easy to follow. The GPS signal is picked up quickly and is very consistent and accurate. The unit also has speed camera locations programmed into it.

It also acts as an MP3 player, there is a memory card slot on the side. This is a useful feature, although it cannot play at the same time as using the satnav function.

I have updated the operating system since I first got it using the update software, I have to say that this side of the C250 is not as user freindly as the unit itself (this is why I haven't given it a 5 star rating.) I get the impression that Mio are always improving and updating things though so I expect this to change.

Overall I'd highly recommend the Mio C250. As I travel around a lot as part of my job this has been incredibly useful to me. I used to spend a lot of time printing directions of the internet then trying to read them whilst driving and getting lost. Now all I need is a postcode to enter into my Mio and I have a stress free journey!

Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii)
Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii)
Offered by findprice
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Like being in the movie Cube - if you were a blob of mercury, 10 Oct 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
For me this is a perfect example of what the Nintendo Wii is great at, simple idea, great gameplay, intuitive control system. Result = great game!

The premise is quite simply to tilt the landscape to roll your little blob of mercury to its destination. The game is split into hundreds of levels, each with its own puzzles, mazes, traps etc to navigate. There are also little baddies dotted around who will try to eat you occasionally.

The graphics are colourful and effective, but never get themselves tangled up in over elaborate detail or 3Dness.

The gameplay is very addictive, you find yourselve always wanting to go just one more level.
The music and sound effects are good, music never gets repetetive (good thing given how long you end up playing) with a seemingly endless rotation of songs and genres. I also love the sad noise your mercury makes when it falls of the edge.

The control system is perfect, easy to pick up yet tricky to master. You forget your actually holding a remote your so engrossed.

So why not 5 out of 5? I've given a 4 for a few simple reasons, mainly more features that could have been included:
- Multiplayer play? OK its not essential in a game like this but would be fun
- Option to play your own music in game via memory card? Would be perfectly suited to the hours of gameplay
- On line features? Again not essential, but surely theres potential there.

Hopefully these will be included in the sequel!

Overall an entertaining, genuinely fun game thats definetly worth investing in.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Wii)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Woods 08 Wii - disappointing, 3 Oct 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
My reason for buying this game was that I absolutely love Wii Sports golf, I wanted a full game based around the same concept but with more courses, club selection and higher skill level (ie hit draws / fades by changing swing and stance).
Boy was I disappointed. Firstly I found the menus and controls to be very fiddly and annoying.
Then there is the gameplay. It is possible to shape shots, but you have to exaggerate the angle of the club head so much in reality the ball would fly off directly sideways. It is possible to put spin on the ball - by waving the remote in the air after you've hit the shot, how is that like playing golf?
Overall I just do not enjoy this game. Strangely Wii Sports golf with its 3 clubs and simple gameplay actually gives a far better approximation of the real thing. The Wii has great potential, this game is a long way away from utilising it in my opinion.

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 11.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Warioware Smooth Moves, 21 Aug 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great, if bizarre game, it really is a lot of fun. You use the Wii remote in ways you probably would never have imagined (on your nose like a trunk, like a pencil to draw, on your hip to hula etc) to complete mini games.
At first the game is single player only. There is cartoon based story line, and each level has its own weird and wonderful mini story and animation. Each level contains around 10 to 20 mini games, each of which lasts about 5 seconds. There is then a `boss stage' game, which is slightly harder and longer (fighting a samurai, completing a dance routine etc.) you must pass to complete the level. The single player mode is fun, and is also a great way to get to know your Wii and its remote.
When you have completed enough levels (which doesn't take too long) the multiplayer option is unlocked.

It is in the multiplayer mode that the game is truly brilliant however. There are simple games such as darts and (very strange) flying a nose along and catching bogeys.
My favourite is Bungee Buddies - one player holds the Wii remote while the other holds the attached Nunchuk (the lead being the bungee rope...) You then have to jump over various obstacles, if one of you falls down a hole you drag the other back. It's incredibly simple but also incredibly enjoyable, a great party game with lots of people round.
There are also multiplayer games based around the mini games from the single player mode, the best being the race - players take it in turns to pass the remote and do a mini game and earn points. The end game then involves all players suspended over a river by ropes. Depending on your position in the race you have more ropes holding you up. Players then take it in turn to cut a rope - but can't tell whose rope you will cut. So if you come last in the race you can still win if everyone else runs out of ropes first. This mode is fun as it doesn't penalise people who aren't very good at the mini games.

Overall I'd say this game is must buy, its great fun and a great way to show off your Wii to all your friends and family.

Page: 1 | 2