Profile for J. Skelton > Reviews

Endeavour (The Origins of Inspector Morse) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Offered by Revival Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Endeavour's One Fine Day, 6 Jan. 2012
The 2nd day of 2012 & at last its here - the show I was waiting for eagerly. It was all here. Sensational Oxford. Fabulous classical music from Puccini's 'Madama Butterfly' to Faure' Requiem 'In Paradisum'. Already my heartstrings were beginning to rip with emotion. A beautiful woman, or two, for Morse, or should that be Endeavour? The cameo from Colin Dexter! Endeavour's first pint of beer which he grew to love. The sight of blood that he always hated. The final shot when Endeavour looked in the rearview mirror to see his older self staring back at him. Ouch! That was very powerful. By now my emotions were escaping in tears. Shaun Evans' portrayal of Endeavour was sublime & wonderfully understated. I telephoned Mammoth Screen, who along with ITV, were responsible for the production, to congratulate all concerned. Endeavour, please come back soon ye hear! Until you do I'm revisiting your older self on my DVD collection. We need More of Morse & more quality television like this. Fantastic. Thank you. Happy 2012 & many Un bel di's to you all. Peter Hastings.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 10:23 PM BST