Profile for Miss S A Carran > Reviews

Miss S A Carran

Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars A kitchen gadget that I use again & again!, 8 Feb. 2016
Love my soupmaker! Coupled with a decent book for inspiration, tasty, quick and nutritious soups are so easy now. Hated making soup on the stove as it would end up everywhere!
I would have given 5 stars for performance but I think the current price, £50, is a little expensive for what it is; a metal jug with a motor and fairly basic electronics.

Childrens Musical Jewellery Box - Owls Design NEW Boxed Gift
Childrens Musical Jewellery Box - Owls Design NEW Boxed Gift
Offered by MMP Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 8 Feb. 2016
Bought this for a friends 3 year old who loves jewellery already! Really pretty little box and a decent size for what she needs. Has a little owl inside that spins as the music plays and comes with a little packet of "sparkle dust".
I think it's just right for younger ones (3-7). Not too fiddly and cute little owls rather than the usual ballerinas. Perhaps a tiny bit expensive but price seemed in line with other I looked at.

Soups: Simple and Easy Recipes for Soup-making Machines
Soups: Simple and Easy Recipes for Soup-making Machines
by Norma Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this book!, 8 Feb. 2016
Fabulous little book! I bought it for inspiration having purchased a soup maker and I'm delighted with it. Huge range of recipes using easily accessible ingredients.
Great value - I think the price reflects that there is no photography.

Mrs Moneypenny's Financial Advice for Independent Women
Mrs Moneypenny's Financial Advice for Independent Women
by Heather McGregor

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended as a refresher, 19 Oct. 2014
I like this book, throughout the author relates the subject back to women. I wouldn't say it is rocket science but it is great for those who have truly ignored their finances or those who need a reminder. It reminded me to increase my pension payments! The only thing missing for me is a section on investments.

The Body Book
The Body Book
by Cameron Diaz

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise!, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
I saw this book in my local supermarket before Xmas and, not opening it, scoffed at it thinking "here we go, another celebrity book on the virtues of bodybrushing & yoga". I am now convalescing after major surgery and came across the book again on amazon and this time my interest was piqued & I orded a copy out of curiosity.
The book arrived today & having just devoured the first 50 pages all I can say is that it is brilliant! Don't get me wrong I'm sure Cameron's co-author has had a lot to do with the writing style & editing however, Cameron's passion for fuelling our bodies & emotions in the right way, with the right food is clear and very motivating. She resists being TOO gushy about understanding that "we at what we eat" and the book is just the right balance of detail & education and well-executed common sense.
Although the book is aimed at women I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone and particularly anyone who has ever visited a GP about their eating habits.
Fantastic book - very motivating!!