Profile for Music Man > Reviews

Skagen Gents Titanium Watch - 233XLTTM
Skagen Gents Titanium Watch - 233XLTTM
Offered by UK Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim elegant comfortable to wear, 15 Nov. 2014
A lovely slim elegant watch. I like the variable metal bracelet. The bracelet fastening is a little unusual, but I very soon got used to it and it is a very positive and safe fastening.
It makes a pleasant change from the current trend of large bulky watches, which can be a pain when wearing jumpers and tight cuffed jackets in colder weather.

IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Lenovo IdeaTab Miix 2 8-Inch Windows 8.1 Tablet - will only fit Lenovo Miix 2 8-Inch Tablet (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit - excellent protection, 15 Nov. 2014
This case fits the Lenovo Miix 2 8" perfectly, and provides excellent protection with it's hard plastic case. I like these types of hard plastic cases, I have one for an iPad mini also. They offer much better protection than the soft material types in my opinion. The corners and edges are well protected, and the magnetic catch hold the top firmly. In the upright movie viewing or external keyboard typing position this mag catch also locks the stand into position. All the cut outs for buttons and sockets are spot on. The tablet is held firmly in the case.
Probably because Lenovo have anticipated vertical use of their tablet, the usb socket is on the long side of the tablet, which means that in the vertical supported position the usb/charging lead or usb memory sticks out of the top of the tablet, and the usb socket is not safely accessible when in the lower supported position. This is a design quirk on the Lenovo not on this case.
An excellent buy, I would recommend this case.

Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lightweight headphones . ., 22 Oct. 2014
I use these in my music studio for times when I'm sat at the piano or keyboards for hours, writing or sorting out arrangements. I've got some superb studio monitoring phones which are essential for final mixing and balancing tracks, but I find them heavy and the sound is tiring after a few hours.
These phones are great. They are lightweight and open back, which means comfortable to wear for long periods, and to listen with. Open back phones always sound better in my view. I can wear them for hours with no problems. The sound is accurate and . .well, open! Being open there is very limited sound isolation so if used in a noisy place you can hear other things, which is not always a bad thing. Bear in mind that if used say on a tube train, others can hear the "tish tish" of your music! If you like thumping bass there may be other phones to consider.

Lenovo Miix2 8-inch Tablet (Silver) - (Intel Atom 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo Miix 2 8" Windows 8.1 tablet - Well made useful 8" tablet . ., 22 Oct. 2014
Pros and Cons at bottom of this review.
It's been about 5 years since I bought a Windows computer, and I'd forgotten how messy they are to set up. When I bought an iPad mini a couple of years ago it was a matter of setting up an Apple account, then linking email account, and that was pretty well it. It worked! My wife who rarely touched a computer was online and claiming the iPad before I'd made a cup of tea!
Now back to this Miix tablet. It seems decently made to me, no gaps etc around the case, and it feels good in the hands, especially in landscape mode, which is my preferred use.
But, setting it up was a pain! I activated the Microsoft Office suite included free, and it worked but wasn't really happy. It needed Windows 8 .1 to be activated, which I attempted next. After a lot of trying I decided to set up a MSN account online, not the temporary one on the tablet. Still no luck activating Win 8.1. I was getting an error message that I looked up in the downloadable handbook, and found it could mean that my tablet clock/date did not match MSN online date! I changed my Miix tablet's date etc info and, guess what, Win 8.1 activated ! !
Perhaps it was me, but should it be that messy to set up?
I remember a review about the iPad mini before I bought mine, and the reviewer said about it "it just worked!". I wish I could say that about Windows tablets!
Don't get me wrong, I quite like this Miix 8" tablet. I bought it because it has some facilities that Apple have refused to put on any iPad.
There is a fully functioning USB port. It is micro, so you need a very cheap lead to adapt. You can print after downloading drivers, use a USB stick, save to external HDD (need to provide extra power), use a keyboard or mouse, etc. This has a full version of Windows 8.1.
You can add memory with a SDXC card. I've fitted a £30 64GB card which is working fine. You have to go into File Explorer to move the Libraries of apps such as Pictures on to the SD card. Advice on line.
At some time I'll need a larger screened laptop, but I still need to confirm my requirements, so in the mean time this 8" tablet will keep me happy.

Pros - good value especially at offer price, full Windows 8.1, well made, good screen, nice touch sensitivity, usb (for printing, memory stick, etc), SD memory expansion up to 64GB, it is a good tester to see if you take to Win 8, the few apps I've tried seem to work fine, the tile Start screen is good once you've adapted and can be personalised easily, sound is reasonable for this size of tablet, battery life is very good (easily 7 hours or so with high brightness display).

Cons - messy to set up (compared to iPad), small memory available after installation - about 9GB (but SDXC card expansion up to 64GB to save music, photos, etc and basic apps take little memory), normal desktop programs are a bit fiddly to operate but a stylus makes them usable, limited range of apps.

How Long Will I Love You
How Long Will I Love You

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song for Children in Need 2013, 17 Nov. 2013
A beautiful song performed with such expression. Usually associated with "pop" songs this really shows her ability off. Perfect for Children in Need appeal.2013

Balvi 25078 Water dispenser H2O PETG
Balvi 25078 Water dispenser H2O PETG
Offered by The Gift Oasis LTD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - tap doesn't leak!, 30 Sept. 2013
Very pleased with this water dispenser. It's made from a strong acrylic type material that gives no taste to stored water. The tap does not leak and can be used as a push to dispense water tap, or by flicking it over it is continuous flow, which is handy when rinsing salad leaves etc.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 30 Sept. 2013
These are excellent monitor speakers for the price - great value. You can't expect the same sound quality as monitors costing 3 times the price, but for what you pay I don't think you can do better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, 12 Sept. 2013
Excellent travel sketch book. I usually sketch in pencil with a light watercolour wash, often using watercolour pencils. I found the paper very good for me. It is convenient with the magnetic flap that ensures firm closure without elastic bands, and there are two elastic loops inside to hold a pencil. Unfortunately there isn't enough room to hold an sharpener, but two half length eraser tipped pencils can be fitted to the loops, so you can keep one as a sharp one to sharpen lines.

Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Electric Shaver
Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Electric Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 May 2013
This is my second Braun travel shaver. The first lasted almost 5 years with a lot of use. Used it for travel and office. It gives me a really good shave. It has just one shaver foil so does take a little longer than my twin foil, but does give me a surprisingly good shave. The AA batteries last a decent time, and of course replacements are available world wide.

Altec Lansing IMT320 InMotion Compact Portable Universal Dock for iPod / iPhone 3G 3GS 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 18 April 2013
These portable speakers produce excellent sound for this size and price level. There's no chest thumping bass, but you couldn't expect that for something this compact, but the sound is nice and full. I've not heard better for even twice this price.

Page: 1 | 2