Profile for Shawn P. Golby > Reviews

Content by Shawn P. Golby

Shawn P. Golby "electronic_plastic_shawn" (Essex,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Blackstar
Blackstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroes you think will live forever David Bowie was a ..., 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Blackstar (Audio CD)
Heroes you think will live forever David Bowie was a hero but sadly he died this year but what a legacy he has left with this his final album
Listening to that fiNal track brings tears to my eyes
Rip David x

Get To Heaven [VINYL]
Get To Heaven [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ,Innovative and quirky., 30 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Get To Heaven [VINYL] (Vinyl)
One of the few bands around that genuinely excite me , innovative and quirky ,their music is hard to categorize but ever since their debut album i've been addicted and this their third album doesn't disappoint id go as far as to say its their best ,although my preferred format is vinyl I got the 6 bonus tracks via digital download (they also are brilliant and could've easily made the final cut) 10/10.

Matador
Matador

5.0 out of 5 stars we have teeth nice and clean, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Matador (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic !
What a brilliant album definitely an early contender for record of the year 10/10

SEVEN DIALS [VINYL]
SEVEN DIALS [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 May 2014
This review is from: SEVEN DIALS [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I think roddy is one of britains best songwriters every album is class and this new one is his best I think, I can't stop playing it,I hope this gets the sales it so truly deserves 10/10

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME !, 22 Feb. 2014
what can I say? This game is absolutely perfect in every way,I started playing this today and I'm not disappointed,don't be put off by the fact it's a 2d platform game,it looks stunning in hd ,there is so much going on in the background,,little details add up to a lot and the creators retro studios have really put a lot of love and care into this,from dks fur to the lush backgrounds it positively shimmers.for the completists out there there's a lot of replay value trying to get all the puzzle pieces and kong letters and find secret areas will take you a while,a special shout out has to go to the music often overlooked in games the music is sublime.in these times when games are more like movies than games,this restores my faith in games ,100% recommended. 10/10

Angel Killer
Angel Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Angel Killer (Kindle Edition)
im so glad i discovererd this author what an amazing read i literally couldnt stop reading it i will definately check out more of andrews novels

Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars oh my word, 23 Oct. 2011
Theve done it again i thought the last batman game was awesome but rocksteady have outdid themselves this game is unbeleivable im writing this at 1am this has to be not only game of the year but game of the decade its that good im already sucked into the world of batman everything that made the last game good has been upped ten fold the city is massive the fighting is fluid playing as catwoman is a relevation im gobsmacked how great this game is there is so much to do and theres side missions too ive been playing hours and only done about 4 per cent.theres only one game to buyt and its this 11/10

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars I must be playing a different game, 15 Nov. 2010
Having been playing Black Ops for nearly a week and loving it i'd thought i'd check out what other people thought of it and I am amazed at the harsh reviews,I'm even thinking have I got the same game as everyone,i admit i havent played the single player campaign as I never do play them on any COD game so cant comment on that,but i'm loving the multiplayer yes you get kicked every once and a while but that happens on modern warfare 2,i have no problem with the graphics and thought they were fine.Am I the only one who loves this game and is so hooked that the other morning i woke at 1am and played it till 6am !!
P.S I love the RC-XD !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2010 5:03 PM GMT

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Sept. 2010
Received my Kindle today,and I love it,already downloaded some old books that I like (HG Wells,Jules Verne) ,the screen display has to be viewed its difficult to describe but its like theres no screen at all it really is like paper,connecting to my wifi was a doddle and buying books thru the kindle is very quick(too easy to spend money!),I especially like the feature where you come across a word your not sure of and you can instantly find the definition,believe the hype this really is a neat gadget. 10/10
p.s also bought the lighted cover(burgundy),which is also great the light is nice and bright and illuminates the screen nicely handy for me as i have no bedside lamp.

LittleBigPlanet Super Book Signature Series Strategy Guide (Bradygames Signature)
by BradyGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stategy Guide for all the sackboys & girls!, 22 Jun. 2010
I bought this primarily for help with the creative side of little big planet ,and it doesnt disappoint as it goes into depth about level creation techniques,on top of that youll get every location of all those hard to find goodies ,and if like me you bought the game of the year edition it help with all that extra content you get,plus on top of that is the full guide for the psp little big planet.Nice colour pictures throughout which makes the book look very cute.So wholeheartedly recommended 10/10

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4