Profile for Heidi Jane Harris > Reviews

Content by Heidi Jane Harris

Heidi Jane Harris (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Saved by Cake
Saved by Cake
by Marian Keyes
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Saved by Cake (Hardcover)
What a lovely book, the recipes are good and expalined well and the stories behind the recipes are really lovely. I'm a Marian Keyes fan anyway but this is a lovely book for anyone.

Clocks and Full Stops
Clocks and Full Stops
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing artist, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Clocks and Full Stops (Audio CD)
This is a really thoughful and heartfelt album, and also a heartbreak album. I listen to the album constantly and love her voice, the words of her tracks and can't wait for her next album.

Curiosity
Curiosity

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Curiosity (Audio CD)
My daughter thought I was really cool buying this but it's a good CD and her rendition of 'Both Sides Now' is beautiful. Shame it's only an EP album, I would like to hear more of her.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S. J. Watson
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brilliant Book, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
What a brilliant book. It was recommended to me repeatedly through friends and the media and I tend to become a bit stubborn in that sort of situation and it turns me against the subject rather than pushing me towards it. However, eventually I succumbed and started it mid afternoon and from the first page was hooked. I finished it the follwoing afternoon and I haven't done that for a very long time, I could not put it down, I made a lazy evening meal as I didn't want to waste time either cooking or eating and going to bed was a pain - all the hype is absolutely right.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Down, 10 Jun 2011
A first class album that is Greatest Hits by another name. His older albums were silly prices but I read other people's reviews of this album and thought it was worth a go - well I wasn't disappointed and strangely when I uploaded it onto my ipod, it was listed as Greatest Hits - strange but true!!!!

Canon Original Easy Photo Pack E-P100 (100 Postcard size prints) for the SELPHY ES Series
Price: 26.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Easy photo pack, 13 Jun 2010
This is so easy to use, simply release the old cartridge which comes out complete and clean and put the new one back. Job done, with excellent results. Didn't find it that easy to buy in the shops so a relief when I could get it one line.

Nine Months
Nine Months
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nine Months soundtrack, 13 Jun 2010
This review is from: Nine Months (Audio CD)
Everything Hugh Grant touches is certainly not gold, (I hated 'About a boy') but I loved this film. Rainy, slightly cold Sunday afternoon and this film and you'll love it too. Definitely a film for girls but the story is lovely and the music is sweet. Certainly wouldn't have wanted the album if I hadn't watched the film, but there are a couple of songs I wanted on my ipod and therefore the album was the way to go. Excellent film and the soundtrack is a part of the film!!

Before We Say Goodbye
Before We Say Goodbye
by Louise Candlish
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Before we say goodbye., 13 Jun 2010
This review is from: Before We Say Goodbye (Paperback)
Louise Candlish does have a tendency to write about some dark topics and this one took me a while to get into but once I did, the characters were compelling and provoked interest and the story was good. Maybe it was not the ending I would have chosen, but then that is what makes a good book sometimes.

Adam [DVD] (2009)
Adam [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Hugh Dancy
Price: 7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Adam, 13 Jun 2010
This review is from: Adam [DVD] (2009) (DVD)
I saw this being previewed prior to it's release at the cinema and thought I wanted to see it but it never came to my local cinema so I pre-ordered the DVD and waited for it's release. It's a simple, thoroughly enjoyable film - not as good as Dustin Hoffman's Rainman but in the same vein. I thought it could have been tied up slightly better at the end, another five minutes of story would have done no harm at all. Still, a nice film which is well worth the time spent on it.

Live: All The Way From America [Us Import]
Live: All The Way From America [Us Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 18.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Joan Armatrading Live, 13 Jun 2010
Joan hasn't made too many Live albums so this was a bit of a find and a delightful one at that. I think with a good live album you get a bit of atmosphere and you certainly did with this one. If you've ever seen her live you'll know she chats a bit between songs giving you the story behind the song, I was a bit disappointed there was none of that on there, but it was still a worthwhile buy.

Page: 1 | 2