Profile for melisa > Reviews

Content by melisa

melisa (York, England)

Mens/Gents Green Novelty Monster Claw Slippers Ideal Christmas Gift - Khaki - UK SIZE 10
Offered by Wynsors World of Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Dec. 2014
Arrived quickly and my partner loved them!

The New Rector (TURNHAM MALPAS)
The New Rector (TURNHAM MALPAS)
by Rebecca Shaw

4.0 out of 5 stars The New Rector - Rebecca Shaw, 9 Dec. 2010
I also stumbled upon these books by accident, they were recommended on here after I read the Priors Ford books, and I really enjoyed it.

The characters are interesting, some are nice and some are not so nice! but I found myself wanting to know more about them after each chapter!

I was delighted to find out that there are a further 15 books in the Turnham Malpas series so I can't wait to get stuck into them over Christmas!

American Legacy: The Story of John & Caroline Kennedy: The Story of John and Caroline Kennedy
by C. David Heymann

4.0 out of 5 stars American Legacy - C David Heyman, 9 Dec. 2010
A very interesting insight into America's most famous family. Most of the other books regarding the Kennedy's focus on JFK and RFK and I think you tend to end up reading the same thing over again.

I enjoyed this book however as Caroline and John Kennedy Jnr were relatively private people and I've always wanted to learn more about them.

Well written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about how drastically their lives changed after the death of their father.

Twelve Days of Christmas
Twelve Days of Christmas
by Trisha Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve Days of Christmas - Trisha Ashley, 9 Dec. 2010
Really enjoyed this book!

With the weather conditions here very similar to what I was reading about, I could relate to a lot of it!

I always think you're onto a winner with a book if after the first chapter you can actually picture the characters and surroundings and this one did not disappoint.

Looking forward to reading some of her other books!

Roadside Crosses: Kathryn Dance Book 2
Roadside Crosses: Kathryn Dance Book 2
by Jeffery Deaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not finished..., 4 Dec. 2009
I have to agree with some of the bad reviews, I could just not get into this book at all!
Whenever a new Jeffery Deaver book comes out, I usually realise that my weekend is pretty much going to be reading as his books are impossible to put down until finished - not this one!

I've tried and tried but still cannot get into this book! It's just so boring and I'm sorry for the people that like Kathryn Dance but she just comes across as so smug! Knowing what everyone is thinking or going to say because of their body language.. Dull, dull, dull!

I've given up halfway in the hope that one day I will have read every other book I own and finally have to finish it and be proven wrong..

The Abortionist's Daughter
The Abortionist's Daughter
by Elisabeth Hyde

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as I thought it would be, 25 Aug. 2006
I quite enjoyed this book, even after reading the negative reviews. Not too hard to get into and even though like most people I guessed 'who did it'it was still quite an enjoyable read.

The Double Eagle
The Double Eagle
by James Twining

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Debut, 30 May 2006
This review is from: The Double Eagle (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It was a well written adventure story that was really difficult to put down - perfect reading for a nice lazy weekend!

The plot was exciting and the writing was spot on!

Beach Road
Beach Road
by James Patterson And Peter De Jonge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 May 2006
This review is from: Beach Road (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I managed to read it over a week and thought it was excellent. I particulary liked the twist which I did not see coming at all!
I'm slightly confused however over the review of the book - it had the same two characters of Tom and Kate but the storyline was different to that described!! Slightly confusing - anybody else find this?