Profile for Original Bookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Nicky Clarke NSS087 Frizz Control Straightener
Nicky Clarke NSS087 Frizz Control Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, 8 Nov 2013
I used to hate straightening my hair. My straighteners were probably around a decade old and it took ages to do the job. Borrowed my daughter's one day on holday and thought I should get new ones so bought these. I am so glad I did! Heats up in seconds, slides through hair effortlessly and takes less than 5 minutes to straighten my hair. Wish I had bought them sooner! Love them so much am even considering buying a spare pair in case of accidents.

The quality is also great. I originally purchased some all blue Babyliss ones as I've always used Babyliss but returned them asap as the build quality and finish were terrible. These feel very professional and look much more expensive than they are. Very impressed.

The icing on the cake was the button to lock them closed. Love them!

Vidal Sassoon 2200W Daily Hydration Hair Dryer
Vidal Sassoon 2200W Daily Hydration Hair Dryer
Offered by Heley Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 8 Nov 2013
Bought this by accident thinking it was a travel hairdryer.I have killed at least 4 of the Babyliss travel ones in the last decade so was looking for a different brand and ionic if possible.

It folds neatly for travel and although it is actually a full size hairdryer, it is very light, something I normally avoid in a regular dryer as they tend to be flimsy. This however feels very good quality despite being light, I was pleasantly surprised considering the price.

The only downside is that not being a travel dryer, it is not dual voltage but as this is mostly a US problem and I don't travel there too often, it will work in all the other countries I usually go to so decided to keep it.

Having purchased in a hurry, I then read the reviews online and noticed several claiming to have burnt their hair or set fire to the dryer or had it cut out so was cautious when drying mine. I have long fine hair and tend to use the nozzle to drag hair down the brush but need not have worried. Not only was my hair dry in less than 5 minutes, it was poker straingt, tangle free and had a nice shine to it. I didn't even need to use straighteners as it did a better job than my regular at home professional salon dryer! I was so impressed I will probably use this one all the time now.

The only other minor point is that I have small hands and the grip is a little fat in the middle but it wasn't a big issue as it's tapered.

Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 1)
Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Oct 2013
If you want a good, lighthearted read, with a few extras then give this a go. So glad I discovered this author, she is definitely on my favourites list now!

Kingfisher F2PB 2 Person Wooden Bench
Kingfisher F2PB 2 Person Wooden Bench
Offered by Selections Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 14 Oct 2013
Bought this because of the price and knew it would need atteantion before use. Hubby sanded the awful rough orange stain off and oiled it and fixed the damaged back panel and it now looks pretty good. Only thing I am wary of is that I don't think it is too robust/able to take a large person. I am only 7 stone and feel I need to sit down carefully, I am not sure it would handle my teenage son throwing himself onto it or an overweight person sitting on it.

iMyth 3 X Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protectors for Apple iPad 2, iPad 3, Pad 4 Tablet & Cleaning Cloth and Application Card

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, 14 Oct 2013
Wish I'd bought these sooner! Smeary fingerprints and shiny screen used to drive me nuts but no more. Does exactly what it says on the tin, can't wait to see if I can now read in the sunshine! Will certainly be ordering more. Might even cut one up for my phone as I have not managed yet to find phone ones as good as this.

5ml Red Travel Perfume Aftershave Atomizer Atomiser Spray Bottle
5ml Red Travel Perfume Aftershave Atomizer Atomiser Spray Bottle
Offered by ULTRA TOP-Dispatched From HongKong

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, 14 Oct 2013
Nice item that functions perfectly well and is easy to use. Be aware that it is actually red/gold, not red/silver as pictured. I like it enough that I have been trying hard to order other colours, so far without much success.

Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 3)
Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 14 Oct 2013
Bought the first one of this series as it was on Amazon's book deal page for 99p. Best 99p I spent. Usually I would give this sort of thing a miss but was intrigued enough buy the description and reviews to give thema try and so glad I did! This third one has some particularly funny moments, enough that I sat laughing with tears pouring down my face whilst the other passengers on the plane craned their necks to see what was wrong with me. I was disappointed to get to the end as I had enjoyed all three so much so was overjoyed to discover that there is now a fourth one available which I am off back to now! If you want a lighthearted and funny read with a few twists from the normal then give these a go. I will be ordering all her books on the strength of this series. (Any Stephanie Plum fans out there should love them.)

NYPD Red
NYPD Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: NYPD Red (Kindle Edition)
Struggled to get even halfway through this. Usually I have to finish a book, no matter how bad, so that I don't wonder about the ending but with this book I was so bored I was not een remotely curious about the end. Used to enjoy JP but he's certainly churning out some rubbish these days. Have read a few now that have been pretty bad and this one has sealed the lid, I will be giving JP a miss in future and doubt I'd even read one if it was free.

Funky Boutique Ladies Full Length Cotton Leggings : Color - Brown : Size - 6/8 S
Offered by Candy Girl Clothing

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge. Terrible fit., 14 Oct 2013
Ordered a size 6 but what actually turned up was unlabelled and would have be more accurately described as a size 16! There is no way these would fit a 6/8. It wasn't even just the waist that was huge, the legs were baggy too. Great if you're fat and need the extra stretch but no use for smaller sizes at all. Not impressed as I had to pay delivery and return postage! Not worth the risk if you actually need a 'size' but fine if you want to stretch them to capacity.

Funky Boutique Cropped Summer Cotton Leggings Funky Boutique Womens 3/4 Length All Sizes 8-24 (6/8 (S), Brown)
Offered by missdivagirlz