Profile for BackIn5 > Reviews

Content by BackIn5

BackIn5

Osaka 555 men's pocket flap worker dark wash jean
Osaka 555 men's pocket flap worker dark wash jean

5.0 out of 5 stars I just made space in my wardrobe for more of these., 5 Jun. 2014
I really expected to be disappointed when these arrived. At the price, they just had to be like the paper thin junk sold in some supermarkets, right? Wrong! These are heavy duty, made with proper material and well stitched. Personally, I would have preferred a zip rather than buttons, but for this quality it's a trade-off I'm more than happy to make. The extra pockets are an even bigger bonus. (I tend to carry everything but the kitchen sink around with me.) I think it's fair to say I could sum this up in 3 words.

I want more!

Ashwood Mens Classic Lace Up Shoe in Black - Size 11 - Black
Ashwood Mens Classic Lace Up Shoe in Black - Size 11 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Gucci, but not a Gucci price either., 13 Mar. 2014
For the price, these shoes represent good value. Much better made than some similarly priced shoes I've encountered in the past. Comfortable to wear and they look good, too. How long will they last? That remains to be seen, but I have high hopes.

Tetrafin Fresh Delica Red Bloodworms 16x3g Fish Food
Tetrafin Fresh Delica Red Bloodworms 16x3g Fish Food
Offered by Mr Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Good goo to go., 8 Feb. 2014
In Gaga: As goo goes, this goo goes down well, but go easy on it. Don't go giving this goo in one go, or your tank could go a bit messy. Do give this goo in small portions throughout the day, otherwise it will go all over the place.

In English: My fish loves it, but I found it best to feed very gradually, giving only as much at one time as the fish can handle in a single mouthful. Any more than that and it gets sprayed out all over the tank, ends up lost in the gravel, and decays there. Well worth the effort however, and probably as close to providing live food as you'll get without actually doing so.

Goo-d stuff deserving of a 5-star rating IMO.

King British Safe Guard (aquarium) 250ml
King British Safe Guard (aquarium) 250ml
Offered by Aquarium-Aquarium

2.0 out of 5 stars Flying in the face of other reviews., 29 Dec. 2013
For some unfathomable reason, I always have persistent problems with ammonia build-up in my tank at this time of year. Well, I decided to give this stuff a go in the hope it would make life that bit easier. It's cheap and there's plenty in the bottle. No such luck. Before and after tests for ammonia showed no difference whatsoever.

I have heard it said that this type of product can sometimes cause false measurements in testing kits. For that reason I've given it the benefit of the doubt by giving it 2 stars instead of just 1. I won't be doing the same where the health of my fish is concerned though, so it looks like I am back to several water changes a week :(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 5:26 PM BST

Interpet Gold Health Food, 36 g
Interpet Gold Health Food, 36 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Rejected for a while., 29 Dec. 2013
Okay, I'll begin with an apology. Previously, I reviewed this item and gave it the lowest rating. My goldfish simply would not touch this food. To be fair to her, it's rock solid, so little wonder she had trouble taking to it. Now I'm backtracking.

Not being one to waste food, I persevered. It took quite a while, but now I have to watch my fingers when feeding her these pellets. How she manages to crunch through them is anybody's guess. Crunch through them she does though, and now we are both happy.

I'm never keen on feeding floating food to goldfish, but in this case I'll make an exception. This food has gone up from zero to hero in my estimation. Now, that's how to backtrack! :-)

I still don't think I would recommend feeding these pellets for small fish unless they are crushed first (the pellets, not the fish!), but for fish upwards of about 4 inches long (minus tail), they should be fine once the fish accept them.

Yep, I'll buy them again.

DLS Fish Food Krill Tablets With Omega 3 Adhesive For Tropical Marine and Goldfish 50g
Offered by DLS Aquatics & Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy fish, not so sure about the filter., 14 Dec. 2013
I actually enjoy feeding these to my 7.5" goldfish as much as she enjoys eating them. I was dubious about the claim they would stick to the glass when I first saw the tablets (they look and feel too hard and smooth to stick to anything), but stick they do! They also sink once they eventually break free, which is a plus for preventing fish becoming bloated from surface feeding.

I strongly suspect smaller fish such as tetras will go absolutely nuts for these, because they dissolve into a very fine dust-like food. Therein lies the reason for the missing star, as they can make quite a mess of the filter, giving the appearance of a fine red dust coating it. (My filter is powered by a water pump, but I suspect the same problem will arise with a filter powered by an air pump.)

That said, the extra cleaning effort is worth it for a happy, healthy fish. I will be buying more in future.

Country Value Complete Dry Dog Food for Greyhounds 15 kg
Country Value Complete Dry Dog Food for Greyhounds 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars No tummy monsters, no puddles, no pain., 16 Sept. 2013
My greyhound recently developed spondylosis deformans (spinal arthritis), and shortly after, intollerances to certain foods which caused runny stools and poor bladder control. The vet prescribed Loxicom for the arthritis and told me she would probably be on it for the rest of her life.
Dealing with the food intollerances meant testing her out on new foods, and I'm pleased to say that most brought some improvements. In the process, I came across this food and decided to give it a go. It's cheap, so why not?
Within 3 or 4 days, wet carpets and watery poops were history. What came as a complete surprise though, was the improvement in her arthritis in the same amount of time. It almost completely cleared up and she hasn't needed medication since. Maybe coincidence, but I really rate this food, and my hound agrees (especially when mixed with tinned food, sardines, or just add water).

4 x REMOTE CONTROL 240V MAINS WIRELESS PLUG SOCKET SET
4 x REMOTE CONTROL 240V MAINS WIRELESS PLUG SOCKET SET

1.0 out of 5 stars How did this pass safety standards?, 17 Oct. 2010
I was so impressed with my first purchase of these sockets that I bought more within a week or two. Shortly afterwards, I read some reviews elsewhere that warned of the sockets failing to respond to the remote control. Sure enough, two of my sockets developed the same fault.
The real danger lies in that the LED in the socket responds to the remote by switching on and off, but the power is still allowed through to the attached appliance. Ironing clothes has never been such fun!
On the plus side, the range is good and the instructions state that up to 10 sockets can be controlled using a single remote, although I suspect the number should actually be 16 (4 channels X 4 codes per channel).
Shame they can't be relied on.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2013 9:43 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but don't expect it to show faults., 3 Oct. 2010
Short version of this review: Don't expect the meter _NOT_ to work if there's a fault with your receiver. It will still pick up signals from the satellite. The patch lead is, as described, of very high quality.

Details: I found this device simple to use and very effective once I'd found the right satellite, but therein lay the problem. Adjusting a newly installed dish, I managed to get what appeared to be a good signal according to this meter, but not according to my Sky box. It read a big fat zero.
After a frustrating day trying to figure out what was going wrong, I discovered there was a problem with my Sky box. Replacing that showed I was indeed getting a very strong signal, but from the wrong satellite.
Credit to the meter, once I had the Sky box replaced, I got an excellent signal from the right source in seconds.

Zone 2 60cm Sky dish pack including single LNB, wall bracket and wall fixings. Suitable for use with Sky, Astra, Hotbird, Polsat.
Offered by Teckstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 3 Oct. 2010
I managed to achieve a signal strength upwards of 80% with a near constant 100% signal quality across all channels in the northwest Highlands with this dish. Much better than the dish Sky installed, which barely made it to 70% on a good day and rarely worked at all on wet or windy days.
Assembly is easy, instructions are clear enough for the novice if the time is taken to read them properly, and the additional information on how to get the best signal (complete with list of locations telling where to point your dish) from the right satellite is a godsend.
The dish this one was replacing - which itself was a replacement for a lousy dish Sky installed a year before - lost signal up to 3 hours per day and often went out of action for days on end. Almost a week has passed since I installed this dish and it hasn't dropped the signal once.