Profile for Anthony Taylor > Reviews

Content by Anthony Taylor

Anthony Taylor "Love reading. Three kids keep me busy so listening to books has become necessity." (Fall River, NS)

JBL Creature II White Mac/Win
JBL Creature II White Mac/Win

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Ipod add-on, 20 Feb 2006
I bought these speakers a little over a year ago to play my Ipod through whilst in the office. The clarity and overall sound are excellent and it is amazing the amount of detail the little sats produce. The curved sub takes care of all the base and I would recommend them for anybody who wishes to use them in an office/study setting. Like most people, I like my music loud from time to time, and these speakers will struggle when pushed but in terms of value and general day-to-day usage I would recommend to all Ipod users.

Beauty Tips From Moose Jaw
Beauty Tips From Moose Jaw
by Will Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Canada Explained!, 23 Jun 2005
One of the best books I've read over the past year regardless of genre. I have to admit I'm a Canada nut after spending the best part of a month in Alberta and BC last year and I can't wait to get back there. The book goes some way to controlling my desire to just quit work and get on the next plane. It is both informative and very funny and makes you think just what a large and diverse part of the world Canada has become and is still evolving into. Will Ferguson goes basically coast to coast in his "travels in search of Canada" but manages not to fall into the trap that most travel writers fall into i.e. "I did this..", "then we did this.." etc etc. The journey is very much linear from the west coasts Victoria to Newfoundland's Great Northern Pennisula but filled with such amazing historically and factual accounts that it stuns me as to why Canadian history is not better understood throughout the rest of the world as it is so interesting. Any new fathers, like myself, are bound to get a kick out of his adventures with his family as they are amusing and in places very touching. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes travel, history, family, good writing, laughter and Canada.

The Very Best of the Jacksons
The Very Best of the Jacksons

2.0 out of 5 stars A compilation that misses the point!, 7 Feb 2005
A golden opportunity to get all the hits across 2 discs documenting the force that was the Jackson's coupled with the rise of the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson. Unfortunatly one too many deals were done in the record industry to bring this compilation to fruition. The net result is an excellent overview of the motown days and an absolute travesty of the CBS/disco era Jacksons. Full length versions of the songs are sacrificed for "additional" tracks which demission the overall compliation significantly. Buy the US version from the "essential" series to get the CBS/disco full length tracks and avoid this poor UK release.

Love Is Hell
Love Is Hell

5.0 out of 5 stars Just sit back and listen, 12 Nov 2004
This review is from: Love Is Hell (Audio CD)
Adam's proves that sometimes less is more. The single disc edition of "Love is Hell" is far more coherent that the double EP release. Best listened too from start to finish. Already a classic.

Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player
Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunner!, 18 Nov 2003
I've had a number of DVD players since they first came on the market and this is easily the most versitile. Most importantly playback of DVD's onto a good quality widescreen monitor/tv is exceptional. The picture is very detailed, colours accuracte, and panning smooth. The sound processing is also very good, dialogue is clear and surrounds detailed. CD playback is also above average, and the JPEG viewer, although not perfect, is good for the price. If you are home movie fan you will not be disappointed by this player regardless of the budget you have available, and the price, Amazon are giving it away. Well done to Toshiba for producing yet another top notch player and Amazon for offering the product so cheaply.

On Writing
On Writing
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars master lesson, 20 Sep 2001
This review is from: On Writing (Paperback)
An interesting read for anybody who would like to find just a little bit more about one of the best authors of all time. A master of his craft, King, tells us a bit about himself and how he approachs writing. The book is both funny, informative and moving but this time it is not fiction it is about the adventures of the King family. The author finish's off the book writing about his horrific accident, amazing to think he is concerned about getting back to writing when most of us mere mortals would be still lying in bed licking our wounds.

Yesterday Today...G Hits
Yesterday Today...G Hits
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my fav cd's, 13 April 2001
Kenny Loggins has never got the same recognition in the UK as he has done on the other side of the Atlantic, why I don't know. From start to finish this is one very strong collection of songs from Kenny's past. From a UK perspective he is probably better know for the hit soundtracks scores he has had, such as 'Footloose' and 'Dangerzone'. Although both of these tracks are two of the stronger cuts from the cd I am sure you will like many other favs besides.

When My Heart Finds Christmas
When My Heart Finds Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars for a swinging christmas try this, 23 Nov 2000
A very Christmas swing album that should put you in the Christmas mood whatever time of year it is. Some of the slower tracks loose their way a little but this still one of the best festive albums available. Plus this is priced at a very competitive price.

Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit
Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit
by John E. Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 12 Jan 2000
This one of the most eye opening books I have ever read. The book concentrates on facts and does not try to make events more shocking than they already are. I can't recommend this book enough.