Profile for Cara > Reviews

Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A
by Tom Wright
Price: 5.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, helpful and challenging, 5 April 2011
I am in the midst of using this book to guide my Lent reading of the gospel of Matthew and am finding it really helpful, clear and challenging. It is well balanced between helping explain or give the context and meaning of each passage and challenging me practically as to how Jesus' teaching can be lived out today. Highly recommended.

Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater
by Gill Rapley

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, practical and easy to read, 29 Dec 2010
Looking for guidance on the weaning process, I found this book easy to read and understand. I am now approaching the whole thing with a sense of anticipation rather than trepidation.

The authors take a practical and down-to-earth approach. They repeat the core principles of BLW several times, which does become repetitive but clarifies the concepts and their application in a variety of situations. I found the FAQs useful as they gave guidance as to how to deal with specific aspects of weaning and some potential concerns about doing it in this way rather than with the traditional puree method.

Overall, this book has made me look forward to introducing my baby to food and I am very thankful for having read it.

iTALKonline Crystal Hard Case Skin Cover For Apple iPod Touch 2G 2nd Generation 16GB / 32GB 3G 3rd Generation

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but OK, 17 Oct 2009
This case is a good basic case for the price, but does obstruct the connection at the bottom of the itouch meaning you can't use an itrip whilst it's on.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job but a bit noisy, 17 Oct 2009
We've had this product for a few months now and it's doing a good job. We run it at night and it regularly collects 1-2 litres of water each night. However it is a tad on the noisy side so can't really have it running in a room whilst trying to watch TV or anything.

Feather Case for iPod touch 2G - Turquoise
Feather Case for iPod touch 2G - Turquoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good, 17 Oct 2009
I am really pleased with the fit of this case. The one I had before for my itouch obstructed the connection at the bottom and meant I couldn't use an itrip. This one allows all the connection sockets to be free and accessible. It's also really thin, so the itouch feels very sleek to handle. I like the colour too. However, although I've only had it a few weeks the cover has started to feel a bit rough and I can see that the top layer has started to peel a little bit. It's only a minor niggle and I'm pleased that it's the case taking the battering and not my itouch itself!