Profile for Simon Newton > Reviews

Mens Jarrow Suede Look Mules Slippers Blue Size 11
Mens Jarrow Suede Look Mules Slippers Blue Size 11
Offered by The Slippers Shop
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, get one size larger than you think, 23 Jun 2014
These slippers seem well put together. The sole is light but fairly sturdy, and there is a slight "heel" to them so ideal for those who don't like/can't wear a completely flat shoe/slipper. Stitching and glueing seems to have been done well and they are comfortable. As per previous reveiwers I ordered a size larger than I am, and the 11 did indeed come up just right for my size 10 feet. These are a good buy so far.

Milestone Camping Stainless Steel Kettle - Silver, 2 Litres
Milestone Camping Stainless Steel Kettle - Silver, 2 Litres
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop
Price: 8.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-looking camping kettle, 23 Jun 2014
Bought this to replace a very long-in-the-tooth camp kettle that's been relegated to the kids' play kitchen! This kettle is good looking, and the handle folds down to minimise the space it takes. If you take the lid of and put it on upside down so the knob is inside you can reduce the height of it a little bit further.

The whistle isn't too loud - but that's fine for camping as of course we never leave our stoves unattended, do we?! It also means you don't wake the whole site if you're up early getting a brew on. Handle stays cool to the touch when it's boiled and you can fill via the spout - I haven't felt the need to take the lid off.

A good buy.

Travelite Orlando 2 Wheels Trolley 24,8 Inch Red
Travelite Orlando 2 Wheels Trolley 24,8 Inch Red
Price: 34.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great price, 9 May 2014
This is a really good case, surprisingly so given the money. Perfect size for short trips or for a child's stuff on longer trips. The wheels are sturdy, the extending handle doesn't feel flimsy, the stitching and finish is all good. Plenty of external and internal pockets and it's survived it's first air trips unscathed. Recommended.

RHX 12x Solder Screwdriver Iron Tip 900M-T F Hakko Soldering Rework Station Tool Kit
Offered by highqualityforyou
Price: 4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 9 May 2014
Nice quality bit set. They work with my Aoyue 936 soldering station and there are enough tips there to cover pretty much any soldering job I'm ever likely to come across!

Wynn's 10679 500ml Electric Contact Cleaner
Wynn's 10679 500ml Electric Contact Cleaner
Price: 7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful if you have a DJI Phantom Vision, Vision+, Phantom 2, 9 May 2014
I nought this for use with me DJI Phantom 2 Vision quadcopter which had the original (less robust) battery data contact pins. I was getting invalid battery errors until I used this to spray onto all connecting surfaces - power pins, data pins, data pads on battery and power sockets on battery. This keeps the contacts clean and grease free and the aerosol is powerful enough to get in and coat all surfaces. I also use this on a Phantom 2 just to keep things clean and good contacts all round.

As a general contact cleaner I recommend it. The smell is not too unpleasant, it evaporates off the treated surfaces quickly and there's no residue. It's a large tin and should last quite some time.

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by Intelligent Memory
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy enough for HD, 9 May 2014
I use this with a GoPro Hero3 attached to my DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter for aerial videography. No issues with this card whatsoever, it is fast and highly suitable for video work. Here's some sample footage recorded on one: [...]

Draper 31073 Modelling Knife with 6 Blades
Draper 31073 Modelling Knife with 6 Blades
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd
Price: 5.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 9 May 2014
Quality as expected from Draper. Weighted nicely and makes small cutting jobs much easier. Can't really go wrong with this one.

Cub Sweatshirt Size 28
Cub Sweatshirt Size 28
Offered by Scout & Guide Store
Price: 11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, comes up large, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Cub Sweatshirt (Apparel)
My son's school uniform jumper is a 28", but this one is a bit too large - 26 was a better fit so drop a size would be my advice. Quality item though, and official Scout Shop merchandise.

Tsuro - The Game of the Path
Tsuro - The Game of the Path
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, beautiful production, beautiful game, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tsuro - The Game of the Path (Toy)
This is a glorious looking game. Everything screams quality - from the sturdiness of the box to the slip of velum over the board when you first open it, to the lovely game pieces and delightful artwork.

This is one of those games that is simple to pick up (my 6 year old and his friend got this within about 3 minutes) and playable by all ages from 5 up. Younger players can place tiles and rely on luck, older ones might start to think ahead a bit with their tiles and try to position themselves more strategically. Either way luck plays a part and I'm not guaranteed to beat my son even if I try hard to do so - in fact we're probably tied for wins to date!

Quick to play so youngsters won't be bored, also a nice game for family gatherings or mixed groups. We love this game for its simplicity and its beauty. Buy it.

Mack's Ultra Safe Sound Earplugs (10 Pair)
Mack's Ultra Safe Sound Earplugs (10 Pair)
Offered by Bodylife-uk Ltd
Price: 3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars These REALLY block out sound, 23 Jun 2013
I use these when we go camping. I don't hear the dawn chorus (avian or child), the inevitable thunder snorer or the late-night revellers. If my youngest gets upset I do hear her (she's only 3 feet away) but other than that I'm oblivious. My wife always takes a pack with her on business trips to counteract hotel corridor noise when trying to sleep. These are easy to insert (after a few practices), can be used a few times (if you want), are comfortable and EXTREMELY effective. If you need to block out noise to sleep, or to save ear damage then these are fab.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4