Profile for Maya > Reviews

Content by Maya

Maya

The Troll Terminator: A Practical Guide to Deleting Trolls and Cyber Bullies From Your Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Delusional animal abuser who plays the victim and blames everyone else for her neglect and abuse., 29 July 2014
The author is a delusion animal abuser who blames everyone else for her behaviour and, when that doesn't work, plays the mental health card.

Too many animals were severely neglected and died in her care yet she was the one condemning others for being less cruel and less neglectful than she was.

Do not enable this woman by buying her book.

Look up 'The Phoenix Ponies - Rising From the Ashes of a Rescue' and 'The LIST never forgotten' on FB and see what this woman really is.

Fudges Stem Ginger Biscuits 130 g (Pack of 4)
Fudges Stem Ginger Biscuits 130 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars This biscuits are amazing. A good balance of chocolate and ginger, 27 Sep 2013
I buy these all the time from Waitrose and love these biscuits.

They are a great combination of chocolate, ginger biscuit and ginger chunks. If you like ginger then try these, you won't regret it :D

Icoco Cherry Vanilla Coconut Water (Pack of 12)
Icoco Cherry Vanilla Coconut Water (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 10 Oct 2012
I love coconut water anyway so decided to try this flavoured one.

It has a lovely cherry taste with just a hint of vanilla to keep the sweetness. I was worried that it would taste artificial but it really doesn't.

My only criticism of this would be that I could easily drink the whole pack in one go :) I will be buying this again.

Canon Powershot SX240 HS Digital Camera - Black (12.1 MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3.0 Inch LCD
Offered by uk-dealz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a compact but appalling battery life, 26 May 2012
I like this camera, the photos are good, even at the end of the zoom, and it's easy to use. I like the 'movie' facility as it's enabled me to catch a couple of things that I could only have caught with my DSLR. The controls are intuitive and easy to operate. I like that the on/off is recessed slightly as it has stopped me inadvertently turning the camera off when an unexpected shot comes up!

Is this camera over-priced? Yes, it is, but it is comparable with cameras with certain features.

I don't like not having a viewfinder and the screen can be difficult to view in bright conditions.

It's a good camera if I don't want to take my DSLR for any reason and gives nice, bright and sharp (for a compact) photos. It gets soft at the higher end of the zoom but I expected this and have caught some decent shots that I wouldn't have got without this zoom, I've even had a couple of surprises that I hadn't seen by eye :)

The one big problem for this camera is the battery life, it is, frankly, appalling. My Panasonic compact and my Casio slo-mo last for ages. I have to charge the Canon at least every two days. If I know that I'm going to be taking quite a few photos I have to charge it before I go or risk running out of juice. I'm not impressed that I HAVE to buy a spare battery.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2013 3:59 PM GMT

The Horse Agility Handbook: A Step-By-Step Introduction to the Sport
The Horse Agility Handbook: A Step-By-Step Introduction to the Sport
by Vanessa Bee

1.0 out of 5 stars A good opportunity missed, 3 Feb 2012
I bought this book expecting a to be an interesting and accurate book about Horse Agility.

Unfortunately the behavioural chapters are full of inaccuracies and it quickly becomes obvious that the author doesn't have a sound understanding of learning theory. Just one example is when she discusses learned helplessness, her description is totally inaccurate. She also teaches that the removal of a 'cue' is a reward. What she means is that the removal of an AVERSIVE is negative reinforcement. The removal of pressure isn't a reward, if anything it is a relief as the horse learns to escape the pressure. The stimulus isn't a cue in these circumstances. This is a common misconception but one that shouldn't be present in an official book/manual and shouldn't be taught by anyone trying to explain behaviour.

Her description of rewards are flawed at best and are skewed to fit the method that the author herself uses.

This SHOULD have been an excellent book but is just a big disappointment because of the glaring inaccuracies. Unfortunately people will believe what is written so will be learning incorrect information.

I really regret wasting my money on this.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 1:25 AM BST

Midnight Tango [DVD]
Midnight Tango [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vincent Simone

5.0 out of 5 stars First class :), 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Midnight Tango [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this at the cinema and am so pleased that it's out on DVD. This in an excellent show with amazing dancers and a decent storyline running through with some good comedy elements too. A must for anyone who loves dance.

Cobs Can!
Cobs Can!
by Omar Rabia

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book :), 24 May 2011
This review is from: Cobs Can! (Paperback)
Lovely photos and very inspirational. Easy to read with excellent illustrations. I don't own a cob but this book is still valid for me. A fantastic celebration of cobs :)

by Emma Lethbridge

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 'horse' books that I've read., 10 Jun 2009
Knowing Your Horse: A Guide to Equine Learning, Training and Behaviour

This book is, in my opinion, a 'must have' for anyone who rides, trains or loves horses.

This book talks about the methods of training rather than a specific system and looks honestly and scientifically at the pros and cons of each method. It helps you to understand your horse's behaviour and also, importantly, how they learn.

There is enough science for those who want to understand more but this is balanced out by practical applications and easily understood explanations.

An excellent book for anyone who wants the best for their horse.

Enlightened Equitation: Riding in True Harmony with Your Horse
Enlightened Equitation: Riding in True Harmony with Your Horse
by Heather Moffett

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for anyone who wants to learn to ride correctly., 9 Nov 2007
Heather's teachings are based around the absorption of the movement. Her methods are easy to understand and easy to put into practise. A visit to her yard in Devon and her simulators just consolidates it all even further!

If you're having problems sitting to the trot. If you can't tell which diagonal you're on in trot without looking down. If you can't feel a correct canter lead. Then this is the book for you.

Working on the principle that you need to move with the horse rather than against the horse (think polishing the saddle or driving with your seat) Heather helps us to bring lightness to our riding and makes for better transitions and more expressive paces.

This book and method should be required reading for the BHS and ABRS exams. It just all makes so much sense!

Classical Schooling with the Horse in Mind: Gentle Gymnastic Training Techniques
by Anja Beran

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for anyone interested in classical riding and dressage, 9 Nov 2007
Beautiful photos which really show the elegance of classical riding.

Anja is a beautiful rider who we would all do well to emulate.

The book is a classic. Easy to read, easy to understand and with excellent explanations about the correct way to ride. Amja shows us that classical riding is not just for Iberians and is accessible to us all.

She also has a DVD out which is very inspiring.