Profile for Greta M. Robinson > Reviews

Content by Greta M. Robinson

Greta M. Robinson "heather" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Barbara Currie - The Power of Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie - The Power of Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie

5.0 out of 5 stars a real gem, 5 Dec. 2015
This is a brilliant exercise routine. There is something in it for everyone, advanced or beginner. I always recommend it to my friends, and as a long term sufferer of back pain, have found it an invaluable tool for keeping flexible. Even after lapsing for periods, I always return to the routine Iin the knowledge that it is safe, tried and tested. Even the warm up section alone works wonders, for those who don't wish to do the more strenuous moves. Can't recommend it enough!

Mrs Biggs [DVD]
Mrs Biggs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sheridan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly amazing, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Mrs Biggs [DVD] (DVD)
Sheridan Smith is fabulous in the role of Charmian. I laughed and cried with her throughout the series and did not want it to finish. What a great production in every way, superbly cast and sensitively performed. Mrs Biggs I salute you as a woman and a mother. Ron did not deserve you! Back to the review - I recommend watching and buying, you won't regret it. I would watch it again and again!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Mar. 2014
I took the time to write this review because this product saved my bacon recently! Was quite hard to get hold of in my area and I ordered it on line but managed to find it in a hardware shop before my order arrived - I was desperate to use it and couldnt wait. Now I have a spare pack for future use!

Yes it does work! An expensive top ruined by colour run has been restored to its former glory. I used the whole 2 sachets on just that one item, and washed at 40 degrees as the top would not have stood up to higher temperatures. I really was on tenterhooks while the washing process was happening, and half expected to be disappointed, but no, a fantastic result! Highly recommended!

Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000]
Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Tim Allen
Offered by Assai-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Quest, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Just not my cup of tea but sort of funny I suppose. I bought it for someone as a present because they said they liked it, and that's the main thing but I found it puerile

The Color Purple  [1985] [DVD]
The Color Purple [1985] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Glover

5.0 out of 5 stars The Color Purple, 21 Sept. 2013
Having read the book I was keen to see the story brought to the screen and was not disappointed. A fine cast

Black Swan (DVD + Digital Copy) (2010)
Black Swan (DVD + Digital Copy) (2010)
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman
Offered by Todays Great Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Swan, 21 Sept. 2013
Very different and quite scary in its own way. Captures the obsession of striving for perfection and letting nothing stand in your way

Frontline Spot On Calendar Stickers, Pack of 6
Frontline Spot On Calendar Stickers, Pack of 6
Offered by VetePet

5.0 out of 5 stars Fontline pipets, 21 Sept. 2013
Frontline is the best product for keeping fleas at bay, but be sure to use it all year round, not just summer months

Villette (Wordsworth Classics)
Villette (Wordsworth Classics)
by Charlotte BrontŽ

2.0 out of 5 stars villette -what's all the fuss?, 25 April 2011
Sorry folks, but all this inordinate praise of the preachy, starchy, eminently dull "Villette" calls for some kind of balanced response. I love "Jane Eyre" as much as the next person, and it is definitely up there with all the already-mentioned classics.

I waited long and with anticipation for the audio version of "Villette" to arrive, having oredered it from my local library. I found the book difficult to get into, due to the overlong, dreary pages of non-dialogue explanations (what today would be called telling, not showing!) I did begin to gel with the story. I disliked the dogmatic approach to religion - even for the period - but I did stick with he novel to the end. I must have fallen asleep several times during the extended descriptions and large chunks of french - but I did reach the end, which was a distinct anti-climax.

This book makes too many assumptions. By this I mean, that most readers today will NOT be proficient enough in french to enjoy the constant and self-indulgent use of the language by Charlotte Bronte. Maybe I should try the written version, as the narrator may have been at fault, although her reading of both English and French I thought outstanding. I think she took on a mammoth task! she deserves a medal.

I am not averse to the classics - I love them - and I include Middlemarch and most of Dickens in that statement. Villette does not rank amongst any of them.

Do yourself a favour -stick with Jane Eyre.

Brick Lane [DVD] [2007]
Brick Lane [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Tannishta Chatterjee
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars everyone should see this film, 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Brick Lane [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Stunningly beautiful, with a wonderful soundtrack - this film makes up for any omissions from the book by its sheer grace and under-stated beauty. Surprisingly excellent and highly recommended, expect to be moved to tears....

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
by Sogyal Rinpoche

5.0 out of 5 stars the tibetan book of living and dying, 10 Oct. 2009
This book gives a fascinating insight into Tibetan buddhism and its take on the afterlife. Itis skilfully written and more accessible than The Tibetan Book of the Dead which is steeped in ritualism.

Page: 1 | 2