Profile for DavidB > Reviews

This Is Regina
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice voce, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: This Is Regina (Audio CD)
As a fan of old school soul I bought this based on recommendations. Played it a few times, but its gone on the shelf now. To me its a typical over produced collection of songs showcasing Regina's voice, full stop. Nothing special.

D'Addario EJ87T Titanium Tenor Ukulele Strings
D'Addario EJ87T Titanium Tenor Ukulele Strings
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound!, 8 Jun 2014
I bought these strings for my Oscar Schmidt Tenor uke, and they are great..A lovely warm sound and a nice tone. Highly recommended.

Chasing Cars (Album Version)
Chasing Cars (Album Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, 24 Nov 2013
Simply brilliant. Up there as one of the best pop songs of the past decade. I cant help singing along when its playing!

Indigo Girls
Indigo Girls
Offered by trec002
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How have I missed out all these years!, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Indigo Girls (Audio CD)
I'm ashamed to admit that I am a recent convert to I.G's......absolutely brilliant. So much so that I have already bought another 4 of their albums and I love them all. Now waiting for Amy's solo album coming out in January ( 2014). Highly recommended to fans of great guitar work, fantastic songwriting , and voices full of real soul. Brilliant!

Beyond the Sea
Beyond the Sea
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Sea (MP3 Download)
Great version of the original by Charles Trenet, ( La Mer). Good sound too, on the remastered version. This is Bobby Darin at his swinging best.

Take Me Home, Country Roads (Remastered)
Take Me Home, Country Roads (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars John Denver at his best, 10 Oct 2013
I downloaded this because to be honest there are only a couple of JD songs that I like...this being one of them, but I have found myself singing it over again this last few days and get it out of my head. Great song.

Flowers Grave
Flowers Grave

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Flowers Grave (MP3 Download)
One of the greatest contemporary songs ever. Absolutely beautiful....yet simple. Tom Waits, like Leonard Cohen can instill real emotion into a gravelly voice.

Hotel Yorba
Hotel Yorba

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hotel Yorba (MP3 Download)
Not a big White Stripes fan, but this is a great song, and always brings a smile to my face.

Life In A Northern Town
Life In A Northern Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Overlooked, 10 Oct 2013
Dream Academy were either overlooked, or under achievers, I'm not sure which, but this is probably there best, ( and most well known song) . It should be part of any soundtrack to the 80's.

Plastic Jesus (Original Mix)
Plastic Jesus (Original Mix)
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song!, 7 Sep 2013
I downloaded this after hearing a local band play it . Its just a happy sort of song , and it always make sme smile when I hear it, so that's a good thing, right?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3