Profile for riotherock > Reviews

Saving Private Ryan (DTS) [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by Jeaml5

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking War Entertainment, 15 May 2004
Watching this at the cinema in 1998, was one of the most thrilling things that's ever happened to me. The sound of the guns being fired and bombs exploding just went zoom over my head and at one point, actually made me duck. This is a Brilliant, must-see War movie that isn't necessarily Spielberg's best work, but is the greatest War film of all time. Tom Hanks is on top form as a troubled Captain who has to save young Soldier Matt Damon, whose brothers have all died in the War. The sound in this movie is incredible, and theirs plenty of Action to keep War fanatics and Action movie lovers thrilled. The DVD doesn't have good extras, but superior sound on a two-disc set. Look out in the movie for a now famous actor by the name of Vin Diesel who has a small role as a Private

Jurassic Park [DVD] [1993]
Jurassic Park [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Sam Neill
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing, 9 May 2004
This review is from: Jurassic Park [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
This is arguably, in my opinion, the best Monster movie ever made and one of the greatest films of all time. Spielberg has created a masterpiece of filmmaking, as well as Jaws, Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. I remember watching this in 1993 at the big screen just after it had came out and was blown away. The cinema was jam packed and I remember that there were queues to see this film, but luckily I wasn't in those queues, I'd already booked tickets. The film was fascinating, I loved it. It was good to see Richard Attenborough being in a film role after about 14 years and he made a great job of it. The visual effects are astonishing, still to this day and the script by David Koepp is brilliant. At all circumstances you must get this film on either video or DVD, but I super highly recommend the DVD edition of the film, which is full of magnificent extras, superb picture and sound quality and brilliant entertainment. Masterpiece.

Men In Black II [DVD] [2003]
Men In Black II [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Tommy Lee Jones|Will Smith
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sequel, 8 May 2004
This review is from: Men In Black II [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I watched this 2 years ago in 2002 with my MIB loving nephew. And I can tell you this sequel doesn't disappoint. The films bad thing is that it is way too short. I sat through the movie for about 10 minutes and then the credits started to roll. I then found out that it hadn't been 10 minutes but an hour and a half. Anyway this is still a witty ride through great special effects and acting. Lara Flynn Boyle makes a great villainess and I was surprised to see Jackass's Johnny Knoxville in the film as a 2 headed alien. And who could forget Frank the Pug in a hilarious role. The extras on this movie are just plain wonderful and are some of the best extras known to man in my opinion. Oh and did I ever mention that every film review I do I own. Guess not!

Men In Black Collector's Edition (1997) [DVD] [2000]
Men In Black Collector's Edition (1997) [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Tommy Lee Jones
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 8 May 2004
I watched this movie straight away when it came out in 1997 with my best friend and his son. I thought it was great. It was fantastic to see Will Smith playing a witty character this time round instead of a more serious role like he did in Independence Day. But ID4 was great. Tommy Lee Jones was brilliantly cast as K and the script, special effects and plot are terrific. There isn't anything really that wrong with this movie except that it could of been on a bit longer. But this is funny, thrilling, enjoyable entertainment throughout. Very Enjoyable.

Stargate (Director's Cut) [DVD]
Stargate (Director's Cut) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Film. One of the greatest Sci-fi's ever!, 2 May 2004
I remember seeing this with an old mate in 1994 not really bothered about seeing the movie, but going to the party we were going to go to after the movie. But watching Stargate changed my life for 2 reasons. The first it made me be more into Sci-fi films, and the second was that the party me and my mate went to after the movie, I met the girl of my dreams whose now my wife, at the party. So I guess i owe much of my Gratitude to watching this movie. But anyway, I did love this film. I loved the Special Effects, the script, the cast, everything. It's also quite a sad movie because it involves the tragic death of Kurt Russell's son in the film. I highly recommend this Spectacular feature. It doesn't have that many good extras, but it's the movie that counts. I also recommend Independence Day and Godzilla, the same creators made Stargate. A Great Film.

Godzilla [1998] [DVD]
Godzilla [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Broderick
Offered by Shop4World

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Special Effects but not enough about Godzilla, 2 May 2004
This review is from: Godzilla [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
If you've read my other reviews about Independence Day and Stargate, the same creators of Godzilla, you'll probably know that I enjoyed them both. But here they've not made such a good film. I saw this at the Cinema in 1998 and did enjoy it, don't get me wrong about that, but it didn't seem to have much detail about Godzilla himself. The Special Effects, being done by the same people who did Independence Day, are excellent, but the film seems to be more involved about the cast than the Monster. There are more things about this movie I don't like, like the script, being terrible, but apart from that this film features Good Special Effects, Entertainment and humour throughout. Hopefully the creators will make up for the mistake of Godzilla in their new film The Day After Tomorrow coming out later this year, which I am looking forward to. This film also features some very good extras on it, like The Special Effects Team Commentary

Independence Day (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1996]
Independence Day (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough Entertainment, 2 May 2004
I watched Stargate at the cinema when it first came out in 1994 and thought it was very good. Then a few months later I read in a magazine that they were going to bring out another Science Fiction film by the same creators called Independence Day, so I thought I'll watch that when it comes out. And I did. In 1996 I saw this a thought wow. It featured Spectacular Special Effects and I knew from the moment I saw them they would get an Oscar. A great cast including Jeff Goldblum who had made 2 of my favourite films, the great remake of The Fly and Jurassic Park. And it also had some great sound effects that made me jump in the cinema a few times. The only problem with this movie is that the screenwriters didn't write much of a script. But still this is Good Enough Entertainment while it lasts and i highly recommend this brilliant 2-Disc DVD set. It has some great extras.