Profile for Karen > Reviews

Stranded [LegacyTitleID: 21174153]
Stranded [LegacyTitleID: 21174153]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with unexpected twists and turns, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Stranded [LegacyTitleID: 21174153]
I loved this book. Gasped several times out loud because of something that changed in the story. I really recommend Emily Barrs work, it's very entertaining!

Lightning
Lightning
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Koontz book, top quality, 3 July 2000
This review is from: Lightning (Paperback)
This is, as stated many times above, definitely the best Dean Koontz there is - and I've read them all!
The story takes you from the past to the future; it twists, turns, makes you shiver and touches you. Sounds like a lot of blabla, but I do not want to give anything away. Let's just say that the theme is : whoever tries to change the course of history will find that the world tries to go back to the fate that was decided for you in the first place. But imagine that you could go back, and change important world events....what if? Also, the love described in the book between Danny and Laura is amazing. Not in the sexual sense, though; it describes two true soulmates.
Great book. Do not hesitate: buy this!

Haunting Rachel
Haunting Rachel
by Kay Hooper
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book, thin plot, no hair raised whatsoever, 31 Mar. 2000
This book really disappointed me. I am a fan of mystery and thrillers and bought the book (partly) on the comments at the cover: " a real hair-raiser", "tremendous punch" - but sorry, I didn't see it. I was already halfway when I realized there WAS no deeper layer in the story: this is it, this is as tense/suspenseful (yawn) as it's going to get. A lot of characters are introduced with quite non-convincing backgrounds, and you saw the end build up real gradually (whodunnitandwhy). I thought the parts where Rachel interacts with Adam were soooooo mushy, talking about touching, caressing, kissing, feelings, blablabla, if I want to read about that, I'll take a romance novel. NO hair was raised what so ever. This is the first Kay Hooper I read, but as far as I'm concerned it will be the last: ultra-thin plot, where some characters are sketched briefly, without a real function in the plot (Marcy, and the housekeeper - forgot her name). Yeck! Take Dean Koontz, or Ann Rule - THOSE are hair-raising!