Profile for EmmaBuck > Reviews

Content by EmmaBuck

EmmaBuck

Body Pump 90 Instructional Home Workout DVD
Body Pump 90 Instructional Home Workout DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for when I can't get to the actual classes. :-)), 18 July 2014
Bought this and im very happy. Can now continue bodypump through the summer hols when i can't get to classes at my gym due to the kids. Quality is fine too which I was a bit worried about. Have found a great supplier of barbells too same as we use in class. May buy some of the previous releases too for variety. Thanks.

Bodymax Doorway Pull Up Bar and Chin Up Bar
Bodymax Doorway Pull Up Bar and Chin Up Bar
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 23 Dec 2013
We bought this a few months ago and i has been fine, till the screw can out the other day. Now it is stuck in the door frame and we cant remove it!

Orchard Toys The Game of Ladybirds
Orchard Toys The Game of Ladybirds
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun., 22 Mar 2013
This is my 2 year olds favourite game. Nice and simple for her to play with big sister. A nice little intro to maths! My 4 year old loves it too, although maybe a bit too easy for her now.

Orchard Toys Bus Stop
Orchard Toys Bus Stop
Price: 7.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the maths?, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Bus Stop (Toy)
Bought this game for our girls 4 and 2 which they have played a couple of time but not particularly enjoyed!
I was looking for something to help my eldest with her maths and found this unhelpful. I am now looking for another game and will give this one to charity.

As others have said you can tailor the game or alter it to make it work better and include a bit more maths but essentially there is no maths required - even my 2 year old could play it without doing any math. Which is defeating the object for me as a supposedly educational addition and subtraction game.

As another reviewer also said - you spend half the time with bus empty! In fact on one game we all got to the end with no passengers! What an anticlimax. I think one of the problems is there are too many minus signs on the board. So we changed some to pluses! So that we actually had people getting on the bus!

Not too usual orchard games standard!
Any recommendations of good maths games for reception age gratefully accepted. :-))

Keyfinder Keyring - Whistle Activated
Keyfinder Keyring - Whistle Activated
Offered by Barracuda
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars A very annoying and loud thing! But you will certainly know where your keys are!, 25 Oct 2011
I bought this as i am always losing my key and find it quite frustrating but it goes off so easily that you will constantly know where your keys are and annoy everyone in the process! It seems to be particulalry sensitive to my childrens laughing/shouting/crying and so was forever going off when not needed. After much noise it has gone in the bin and i am now looking for another type of key finder!

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)
Price: 3.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts but ultimately annoying., 17 Mar 2011
I enjoyed the first installment of the this trilogy but found this one had a lazy plot in parts, far too much waffle, and some silly and unbelievable events and co-incidences happening. Like Salander convienently stumbling across someone plotting to kill her. And then the ending just wound me up as it would never happen! WARNING: PLOT SPOILER COMING UP! Really though - shot 3 times - once in the head, (luckily by a crap gun hey!), then buried alive and she manages to dig her self out and beat the baddies! Is she blooming super woman?! Its a shame as i did enjoy it in parts but am not inclined to read the 3rd book now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 11:07 AM BST

Effective Birth Preparation: Your Practical Guide to a Better Birth
Effective Birth Preparation: Your Practical Guide to a Better Birth
by Maggie Howell
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantasitc book - full of positve and encouraging words., 10 Jan 2011
I read this book in the lead up to my second birth in April - which turned out to be an amazing home birth just a planned. I had also listened to the Natal Hypnothereapy CD course for home birth this time. And am sure that the book and CD gave me encouragement that i was able to have my birth in a relaxed and positive frame of mind. It really helps you to view birth as it is - a natural part of being a woman that we are designed to do - and not some fearful experiance to get through!

During my first pregnancy i used the Natal Hypnotherapy CD course by the author of this book - and am sure they helped me have the positive and relaxed frame of mind which led to me having a relatively quick and straight forward hospital birth with no pain relief (apart from a tens machine). The midwife was surprised when she examined me on arrival at hospital to find me at 8cm and still in a relaxed and positive manner. And during the birth i used the '3-2-1 relax' breathing technique to help me concentrate and get through each contraction.

On finding out i was pregnant again I had no hesitation in opting for a home birth due to my positive previous experiance. This time i read the book by Maggie and as much positive literature and stories as possible on birthing - all of which helped me gain even more confidence in the womans natuaral ability to birth without drugs or intervention. My second labour was around 3 1/2 hours long. It seemed to progress and intensify much more quickly but i kept reminding myself to be calm and relaxed - i was still keeping myself active and moving around but breathing steadily throughout each contraction. It was hard to keep focused at times but my husband and the midwife were great in keeping me calm and relaxed too. I had another lovely birth - this time at home in my lounge. Our 20 month old daughter woke up half an hour later to meet her new sister. I couldnt of asked for a better birth. I certainly think the positve message of this book helped to get me in the right frame of mind for a good birth experiance. And as such i would certainly recommend it to all expectant mum - and dads!