Profile for Momin en-Najjar > Reviews

Momin en-Najjar

Radical: My Journey from Islamist Extremism to a Democratic Awakening
Radical: My Journey from Islamist Extremism to a Democratic Awakening
by Maajid Nawaz

5.0 out of 5 stars As Arab,Egyptian,Muslim,I believe in this book 100%, 3 Aug 2012
Assalam 3laykum,

OK, first thing I say here is I'm a proud Egyptian democratic Muslim youth who stand with my people against Mubarak and against the Islamists, both come from the old way not the new way.

To all people reading these, don't believe the people who score this book only 1 star. These are not real reviews, they pretend and using neutral names when they are actually the true believers in the Islamism and burn in their hearts now because their political theory is been disagreed by brother Majid Nawaz excellent book. They using pretend names and I see this because they talk in the reviews about how Islam is same as the Islamism, but every one of us Egyptians knows this is not the same. They call their friends and supporters and believe they make electronic gihad (holy war) by attacking brother Majid. We are too few who compete with them in the activism and that is why we democrats suffer in many Arab countries, because we must organise our message. Even if these fake review people tell they are not members of gama'at and groups, they still believe in this Islamism theory and burn when they see it attacked because they cannot make difference between the pure religion of Islam and their political theories of Islamism, and they call in every one of their youth from everywhere to make attack and they worship the God this way (it is for them 3bada).

We call Islamists in Arabic "Islamiyyiin". I know this strategy of fake review, we live this strategy from Islamiyyiin every day in my country Egypt. Every one know this here in Egypt that Islamiyiin are not same as Islam, and their work is not strange to us. This is why my country did not make them win first President vote because our people know that Islamiyiin use Islam with political. The Islamist president won only in the second vote because our people wanted to keep out Hosni Mubarak's remnant friend Shafik to come in. But their was no big majority vote for Islamiyyiin in the first round of the election because people know the differences of Islam and Islamiyyiin.

I also say that I remember brother Majid Nawaz when he was here in my country as prisoner, and I followed his help for my poeple against Mubarak in media during our revolution. I was watched him many times on tv attack Mubarak and attack the military and call for democracy, and we here in the youth will never forget Majid work and many like him who we will always remember for their support.

I used to support Islamiyyin a little but then I see how nobody can claim right to actualise any opinion of their Islam onto other people, because this is against the Islamic pluralism in igtihad and freedom of religious thought.I say last thing that I do feel that only if brother Majid was more sharp against Islamiyyiin, sometimes we see him and think he is being too nice to the brotherhood, maybe because he has personal relationship with them from his Mazra Tora days, and this makes us sad sometimes because we Egyptian youth suffer from them here wallah! But maybe he is attacked so he must pretend he is more in middle, wallah a3lam.

So for this I would give this book 4 star, not 5. but when I see all these fake name brothers writing attacks against brother Majid personal side, I see that I need to give 5 star to register my objection to this strategy of personal side attack. I say to these internet warriors, come and stand with our people in the heat in Maydan Tahrir and fight dictators, like a men like Majid Nawaz was in prison and he still till today was speaking against Mubarak and against the military interference. But you people sit behind computer screen and make personal attack instead of being calm, and that make me decide 5 star because he is a brave man more than all of you Wallah, and if you do more like this, more people will give 5 star just to stop you people.
Momin