Profile for V. Wearmouth > Reviews

Content by V. Wearmouth

V. Wearmouth (County Durham, UK)

Luxico Clear Safety & Security Window Film (Anti Shatter Glass Protection) 50cm x 2 metre roll
Offered by Evowrap

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily-appliedpeace of mind., 10 Oct. 2014
Being father to one of those bundles of raw energy that is a three-year old boy, I got these as I was cringing every time he burst the top-half-windowed door open. He kciks the bejesus out of that door and I still cringe every time he does, but less so for his safety.

Easy enough to put on. I've had Parkinson's Disease for some 15 years now, so if I can manage it with sarisfactory results, most people should be able to.

Hope i never have to witness these being needed, but I am very glad they're there.

Banker Table Lamp Finish: Chrome, Shade Color: White
Banker Table Lamp Finish: Chrome, Shade Color: White
Offered by Wayfair

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lamp, great for insomnniac intternet-addicts., 10 Oct. 2014
No more groping behind my desk for the switch-thing on a wire for me now.

Not only does it look beautiful, it also let's my see my keyboard when I've staggered into my office for a quick check on Facebook during bouts of insomnia without my having to scream like Smeagol due to having to switch on the main light.

Good Ideas Miracle Thaw Defrost Tray (881) Easy Thaw tray defrost food quickly and safely
Offered by JB Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 10 Oct. 2014
This bad-boy actually, really, genuinely works!

Both my wife and myself were surprised that I hadn't squandered yet more of our meagre funds. I affectionately call the day this arrived "The day I was right".

I would recommend this to anyone who freezes food.

The label it came with suggests running it under a warm tap for a few seconds for faster results. it works!

Sally Williams Roasted Almonds Nougat Carton 150 g
Sally Williams Roasted Almonds Nougat Carton 150 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Made an old lady very happy., 10 Oct. 2014
A bag of these and the macadamia ones brought my seventy year-old Mother-in-law to the verge of rapture. I have never seen confectionery have this effect on anyone before.

World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Grey Check (Mobility Aid)
World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Grey Check (Mobility Aid)
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, a bit too long for true shortarses., 10 Oct. 2014
I bought this for my wife to keep in the car for those times she forgets her usual rigid stick.

While it packs small-ish I'd say it's a bit big for a handbag unless you're Mary Poppins, and I wouldn't fancy carrying several sections of hard pole tethered together by elastic in my pocket in case I fell. It does fit just fine in a 2012 Honda Civic though.

Build quality 'feels' very good, and i confess to feeling a mild thrill at the feel of the way it snaps togetther.

One word of caution i would give is that it's about an inch (that's about 2.5m kids) too long for my five foot wife even at it's most munchkinesque setting.

While you're getting one I'd also suggest getting a velro strap or a bag possibly. Something to hold it in it's collapsed form as if you let go of it, it'll transform back into a walking stick quick enough to give Optimus Prime the warm fuzzies.

Monster Under My Bed (Children's Book Ages 3-6)
Monster Under My Bed (Children's Book Ages 3-6)

1.0 out of 5 stars What a dreadfully lazy book., 9 Jun. 2014
Of the 14 pages of this book, only 9 contain text. This wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that 3 of those pages have just one name on each of them (of characters who have already been introduced).
How this could be regarded as suitable for 3 to 6 year-olds is utterly beyond me.

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M (A4) Document Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M (A4) Document Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one ages ago, 15 Oct. 2008
I always deliberate over expensive purchases for weeks, poring over reviews, digging around for poor feedback, and generally researching the item to death before hovering my finger over the 'buy this item' button while wincing. This has often served me well and prevented me from making a bad purchasing decision.
In this case however, I wish I hadn't. Yes, it's expensive, yes there are cheaper models to buy, but my only disappointment is not buying it earlier.
When previous reviewers mention it's small footprint, they're absolutely right. It takes about as much room up as a loaf of bread. It feels sturdy, looks good next to your mac, and is very fast indeed. It's made a huge dent in the chaotic mess I call my paperwork, and is as simple to use as it gets. I'm almost ashamed to admit that my favourite gadget is now a scanner.

Formac Disk XTR Raven 500GB 8MB Cache, FireWire 800 & 400
Formac Disk XTR Raven 500GB 8MB Cache, FireWire 800 & 400

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and fast, 20 May 2007
Got this when I ran out of space on my mac. Connected via firewire 800, copying is fast. Best thing about this drive is that it's really quiet (barely audible over my imac) during normal use (like copying a gig or so to it, or watching a stored video). I've heard the fan really go for it a couple of times, but I'd been using it for about 6 hours in a warm room. It was about the volume of a battery-powered radio controlled car (sorry, best description I can think of), but was only for a minute or two and soon quietened back down.