Profile for Richard Preston > Reviews

Content by Richard Preston

Richard Preston (Reading, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black
Offered by A5Technology
Price: 30.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 9 Jan 2009
Couldn't be easier to set up. I was slightly disappointed with the sound initially, since I expected it to be near CD quality. This was probably unrealistic on my part, and the lack of quality, once you're used to it, is more than adequately compensated for by the convenience of having the equivalent of twenty times the number of CDs the CD changer holds.

I've been less lucky with interference than others seem to have been (this could be the fault of the radio though), and I eventually unscrewed my aerial from the roof to prevent broadcast stations breaking in, putting the iTrip as near to the radio as possible. Since then, absolutely no interference at all. Of course, I can't listen to the radio now, but I rarely did anyway.

One minor annoyance is that turning the car ignition on when the iPod is playing seems to make the iTrip retune itself to another frequency (107.9), and for some reason my radio will not tune to the iTrip on that frequency. Weird.

My one regret about buying this is its dependence on the cigarette lighter socket for power; there are plenty of times when I'd like to use the iPod with one of the many portable radios we have about the house, and obviously can't. On reflection, I'd rather have had complete portability at the expense of having the iPod charger.

Never having used another iPod FM transmitter, I don't know how this compares, but until I'm able to get a radio that has a direct wired link between the iPod and the rest of the system, it will certainly do. Just don't expect too much of an audiophile experience!

Antics
Antics
Price: 6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, 15 Jun 2006
This review is from: Antics (Audio CD)
I much prefer this to Bright Lights - more melodic, more polished - though I can understand why others would prefer that album's greater urgency.

But there isn't a weak song on this album. The choruses are almost universally epic, and tracks like Slow Hands would be on anyone's all-time favourite list. This is definitely a band that is going to be around for a long time, getting better with every album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3