Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow
BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 17 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I very nearly turned this down when I was offered it to review as for the last 3 years we've coped quite happily with our BT audio only baby monitor, but a mixture of curiosity and a failing battery on the old unit got the better of me and I'm so glad it did. We absolutely love this video monitor even though I feel a strange obligation to explain to anyone who sees it that we aren't really as paranoid as we might look!

So the reasons why I love it.

(1) Peace of mind - It's the simple things like wondering if he's covered up with his duvet ok, which I can now check on the screen.
(2) Less unnecessary trips upstairs - My son wakes pretty infrequently, but there are occasions when he grizzles and you sit on the sofa trying to decide whether to go up to him and now I can see whether he is resettling himself or actually needs something. Most of the time it is the former
(3) The light show facility - We have this mounted on a wall opposite his bed and we stick the light show on every night and it projects a lovely display of stars on to his wall which then time out and turn themselves off automatically. I am actually slightly envious of this and wonder if they make one for grown ups!

In conclusion if I was having a baby I would put this top of my wish list (after the obvious things like a pram and cot!) It's the kind of thing that grandparents could buy as a gift as it is a little pricey, but completely worth the money. I love it! (I think I might have said that more than once!)

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well so far..., 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have two dogs who have been amazingly well behaved since this has been in the house and we haven't actually had any canine messes to clear up. However I have had cause to try it out on other carpet stains. In particular a coloured wooden toy which leached colour onto the carpet when it got wet. The Beaphar spray is supposed to be good for all household stains, so as it was the only thing I had to hand, I used it and it worked wonders. Will update my review as soon as I have any doggy messes to clear up!

Challenge Jerky Fish Skin Dog Treats Cube, Small, 300 g
Challenge Jerky Fish Skin Dog Treats Cube, Small, 300 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love them, but they are a bit pongy!, 14 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is no two ways about it, these treats are pretty pongy, but you'd be daft not to expect that from something made from fish skin! The bag they came in was far larger than I was expecting, about the size of an A4 jiffy bag (but plastic obviously) and is going to last us AGES. Though they say the treats are "small" they are an inch square and more than adequate in size for our Golden Retriever cross. As far as doggy satisfaction goes, both dogs (the other one is a Beagle) loved these and hung around expectantly looking for more and sniffing the ground hopefully. Fish oil is great for dogs and they obviously like them BUT be prepared for the smell, you can even smell it through the sealed plastic bag!

ANF Canine Chicken and Rice Adult, 3 Kg
ANF Canine Chicken and Rice Adult, 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth fighting for..., 26 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's always slightly tricky to accurately evaluate dog food when you aren't the one who is eating it (!) but this morning my two dogs had a fight over their breakfast for the first time in the 5 years they have lived together! The only other time they have had a scrap is over bones, so there is clearly something worth fighting over in the ANF kibble! (Though don't worry we just gave them supper further apart and it was quite amicable!)

Other than that, the only other useful information I can give you is that the kibble is quite small. As others have said the make up of the food is very high quality and nutrionally it does seem to be a very good buy. Will definitely consider buying again.

SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 40 MB/s (SDSDUN-032G-G46)
SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 40 MB/s (SDSDUN-032G-G46)

4.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32 GB, 23 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this card as an upgrade for my "normal speed" SanDisk 16GB card for my Nikon D7100. Like the other reviewers I shoot RAW and wanted a card with a bigger capacity. I was completely ignorant of the different class systems of memory cards until I started reading reviews and discovered that my existing card was class 4 (the second slowest speed) and this new card is class 10 (the fastest)

So I was expecting to notice a big difference in write speed and the speed I can transfer images to the computer (it's supposed to be more than twice the speed of my old card), but although I haven't done any scientific tests, I can honestly say I haven't noticed any difference in speed! That said it's still a great card, from a reliable brand at a really good price so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

The Visitors
The Visitors
by Rebecca Mascull

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to begin, but drifts a bit..., 11 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Visitors (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The idea of a central character who is deaf and blind was what initially drew me to this book. I was fascinated to know how she could possibly interact with the outside world and how the author would tell her story. Straight away I was impressed by how beautifully the book is written. The quality control on books that are published these days seems to be pretty non-existent and this is one of those books you pick up and immediately find the prose effortless to read.

I tore through the first third of the book and found it was one of those stories that I kept thinking about all day and wanting to get back to reading. However clearly an entire book could not be sustained with a deaf and blind central character, which is where the Visitors come in and the book changes direction a little.

After this plot change I found the story started to drift a bit. Although the main character of Liza has an endearing delight and enthusiasm with all that she encounters and the book is still written well, there wasn't that earlier compulsion to rush back to it and see what happened next. However this is a very promising debut novel and it's worth giving it a try.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Food Processor, 1000 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Food Processor, 1000 Watt, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact functional food processor, bit fiddly to clean!, 26 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this Hotpoint Food Processor so far for a couple of different things. I made bread dough in it, but found it was quite small so you could only really do one loaf at a time. It also bounces around quite a lot, so you have to hang on to it while it's working (despite the suction cups on the base which are supposed to hold it in place)

Secondly I used it to chop vegetables which it did well without problems. It breaks down into quite a few parts (the blade itself is in two parts as opposed to being one and the lid comes in three parts) this does make it all easier to store, but it also makes cleaning really fiddly as there are lots of crevices for food to get into. However for the price Amazon are currently selling this (less than £100) it is very good value for money and attractively designed. If you are looking to purchase your first food processor or need a compact machine for a small kitchen, this would be a good buy.

Scandinavian Baking: Loving Baking at Home
Scandinavian Baking: Loving Baking at Home
by Trine Hahnemann

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lifestyle type cookery book, 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautifully put together book in a lovely matte hardcover binding. The recipe book has an editorial feel concentrating on a lifestyle angle as well as ingredients an recipes. There's a lot to be learned here not just about what the Scandanavians bake, but how and when they eat the food too. I have bookmarked a few recipes to try over the coming months (there's something about the ingredients in general that seems to make this book fit Christmas well) but so far I have only baked one thing which were the raisin spelt rolls. They were a mixed success, the dough required a huge quantity if water (far more than I use for our regular bread) and it was rather hard to handle as a result. The cooked rolls were great however and I'm keen to try more things...

BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular with our BT!, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog, a border terrier, has premium dried food in the morning and wet food in the evening. He is, like me, always lazy at getting up in the morning but since giving him this food he runs to his bowl when he hears me filling it up. Very much recommended!

1Byone 27W 4-Port Travel-Sized Multi Ports Desktop USB Wall Charger with U-station Design for iPhone 6 5s 5c 5, iPad 4 mini Air, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4, Note 3 2, the new HTC One (M8), Nexus, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers and More-18-month hassle-free warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and well designed product, 14 Oct 2014
I've been looking for a USB charger for my Kindle and I spotted this one and realised it could do the job and much more. It actually has four USB charge points which means I can plug all my gadgets in at once. It's beautifully and very cleverly designed in a style that Apple fans will appreciate. I'm very pleased with it and wish that I had thought to look for a multi-USB charger a while ago rather than plugging all my cables in individually. A good price too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20