Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink
Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Best electric toothbrush I have had yet!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have owned a few electric toothbrushes over the last twenty years, but this one is definitely my favourite so far. To begin with the Sonicare is the first electric toothbrush that has got over the problem of slime accumulating on the charger and sink surface by creating a magic charging system! The brush comes with a charging "coaster" on which you place a supplied glass which the toothbrush then goes in (not plugged in, just resting in the glass) and then charges. This means that after you brush all the toothpaste residue is collected in the glass which can be easily washed out. It's a simple change, but I love it and it makes our basin area so much cleaner.

To use it you can choose between 5 different cleaning settings, though I would hazard at a guess that most people will never deviate from the default setting. The charge lasts for 3 weeks which is great if you plan to take it on holiday and talking of which it also comes with a very nat travel case and a short USB cable to enable you to charge it in the case from your laptop - genius!

One other reviewer mentioned that it was loud and I was a little worried about this when I first used it, but I can only presume he must have got a faulty one. The Sonicare is actually quieter than my old Braun toothbrush and volume is not something I would have thought to mention if I hadn't read the original review.

So to sum up, a really brilliant electric toothbrush which ticks all the boxes. I even love the pink colour!

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars Does teh job at a competitive price!, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We tried out the medium size (10-20kg) treatment for our Beagle. The pack contains three pipettes each vacuum sealed in their own individual bags, so the box itself gives between 12-24 weeks protection from fleas and ticks (depending on whether you reapply at the earliest or latest point) Very easy to apply, just snap off the end of the pipette and squeeze onto the dogs back (so they can't lick it off) our dog wasn't bothered by the application or at any period afterwards. Seems to be doing the job, so will be coming back to this!

Small Elephant's Bathtime
Small Elephant's Bathtime
by Tatyana Feeney

4.0 out of 5 stars A story about little people who don't like baths, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A sweet little story about a baby elephant who doesn't like his bath and is finally persuaded to go in it by his Daddy going in instead. I read this with my 3 year-old son, the illustrations are lovely and plentiful, but the text is quite sparse making it a quick read with lots of page turning so it is probably more suitable for younger children (18m +) who are probably also more likely to be the target audience who don't enjoy baths. My son enjoyed it though and said he'd like to have it read again. Another reviewer mentioned that the solution lying with "Daddy" wouldn't be suitable for all readers and I have to agree that this did strike me as odd too and I'm not sure why it couldn't have just been "a big elephant"

Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White
Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars LUCECO LED 50 Watt GU10 bulbs Warm White, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a number of cheaper bulbs on the market and I have tried and rejected them, however, it would seem that you do get what you pay for. These bulbs, in warm white, give an excellent light indistinguishable from halogen. Another advantage is that they are the same height as a GU10 and do not protrude from the fitting which some others on the market do. Also the white lens ring blends perfectly with a white fitting. It is a shame though that they do not seem to be available as a dimmable option.
You would have to be mad to buy replacement halogen bulbs when these energy savers are available

Philips GC4522/00 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 200 g Steam Boost and Safety Auto Off, 300 ml, 2600 Watt, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Azur Performer Steam Iron, 31 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very pleased with this iron. True to its "quick heat up" promise it does indeed deliver heat far faster than our previous (rather elderly) iron. I love the auto-off feature which now seems to come as standard on lots of electrical items like heat straighteners. Definitely worth paying a little extra to have that for peace of mind. We haven't yet needed to self-clean or use the quick scale release, but I have no doubt these will be useful features as we live in a hard water area.

Design wise, a black iron is unusual, but suits the style and premium features of the product. It's quite light weight and glides across clothing easily.

BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette 30 ml
BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Trying something different..., 27 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Burberry isn't a brand that my (30 something) husband would normally pick up to try, but we thought it was worth trying for a change. He says it is a bit sweeter than he would normally go for (I interpret that as the scent being a bit young) but I found it quite pleasant. Perhaps not one we would buy again, but pretty inoffensive for the duration of this bottle.

BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow
BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 17 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I very nearly turned this down when I was offered it to review as for the last 3 years we've coped quite happily with our BT audio only baby monitor, but a mixture of curiosity and a failing battery on the old unit got the better of me and I'm so glad it did. We absolutely love this video monitor even though I feel a strange obligation to explain to anyone who sees it that we aren't really as paranoid as we might look!

So the reasons why I love it.

(1) Peace of mind - It's the simple things like wondering if he's covered up with his duvet ok, which I can now check on the screen.
(2) Less unnecessary trips upstairs - My son wakes pretty infrequently, but there are occasions when he grizzles and you sit on the sofa trying to decide whether to go up to him and now I can see whether he is resettling himself or actually needs something. Most of the time it is the former
(3) The light show facility - We have this mounted on a wall opposite his bed and we stick the light show on every night and it projects a lovely display of stars on to his wall which then time out and turn themselves off automatically. I am actually slightly envious of this and wonder if they make one for grown ups!

In conclusion if I was having a baby I would put this top of my wish list (after the obvious things like a pram and cot!) It's the kind of thing that grandparents could buy as a gift as it is a little pricey, but completely worth the money. I love it! (I think I might have said that more than once!)

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well so far..., 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have two dogs who have been amazingly well behaved since this has been in the house and we haven't actually had any canine messes to clear up. However I have had cause to try it out on other carpet stains. In particular a coloured wooden toy which leached colour onto the carpet when it got wet. The Beaphar spray is supposed to be good for all household stains, so as it was the only thing I had to hand, I used it and it worked wonders. Will update my review as soon as I have any doggy messes to clear up!

Challenge Jerky Fish Skin Dog Treats Cube, Small, 300 g
Challenge Jerky Fish Skin Dog Treats Cube, Small, 300 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love them, but they are a bit pongy!, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is no two ways about it, these treats are pretty pongy, but you'd be daft not to expect that from something made from fish skin! The bag they came in was far larger than I was expecting, about the size of an A4 jiffy bag (but plastic obviously) and is going to last us AGES. Though they say the treats are "small" they are an inch square and more than adequate in size for our Golden Retriever cross. As far as doggy satisfaction goes, both dogs (the other one is a Beagle) loved these and hung around expectantly looking for more and sniffing the ground hopefully. Fish oil is great for dogs and they obviously like them BUT be prepared for the smell, you can even smell it through the sealed plastic bag!

ANF Canine Chicken and Rice Adult, 3 Kg
ANF Canine Chicken and Rice Adult, 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth fighting for..., 26 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's always slightly tricky to accurately evaluate dog food when you aren't the one who is eating it (!) but this morning my two dogs had a fight over their breakfast for the first time in the 5 years they have lived together! The only other time they have had a scrap is over bones, so there is clearly something worth fighting over in the ANF kibble! (Though don't worry we just gave them supper further apart and it was quite amicable!)

Other than that, the only other useful information I can give you is that the kibble is quite small. As others have said the make up of the food is very high quality and nutrionally it does seem to be a very good buy. Will definitely consider buying again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20