Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Play Doh Launch Game
Play Doh Launch Game
Offered by a1 Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a success, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Play Doh Launch Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This game consists of 3 sprung catapult style player launch pads and a central battery powered character that rotates and tries to catch the play-doh missiles.

We had only limited success with this toy. I gave it to my 12 and 13 year-old nephew to play with with my 3 year-old son and none of them (or me) could get the central battery powered part to work properly. The lid on top is supposed to go up and down (i presume) but it moved only slightly whilst it rotated which made it impossible to get the play-doh into the target.

In the end all three children abandoned the game and played with the the tubs of play-doh instead. Even if the central part had been working I think this game is of limited appeal and could potentially be a bit of a nightmare for parents as it involves lobbing play-doh around (don't even think of doing it near carpet!) Not one I'd recommend.

GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars We liek this product very much (and so do the dogs!), 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this dog treat can. From the description, I did think it might all come in one lump which you had to tear apart. In fact it's a tin of several pieces. Each piece is about 40mm x 15mm and can either be broken up or given as a treat in one. As I have both a large dog and a small dog, I found this perfect as I broke them in half for the Beagle and gave them whole to the Retriever. They are also long and thin which means they are good for giving to dogs who "snatch" food from hands! They have proved very popular with our dogs and I like the container they come in. Too often treat bags rip and spill, where as this container does the job much better.

Babies Firsts Bamboo Pocket Spring Cot Bed Mattress (140 x 70 x 10 cm)
Babies Firsts Bamboo Pocket Spring Cot Bed Mattress (140 x 70 x 10 cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality mattress, hard to fault, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a noticeably heavier and higher quality mattress than the previous (half the price) one I had for my son's cotbed. It also has a quilted bamboo top to it which makes it feel softer and more luxurious. This cover can be removed for washing too. Overall the mattress strikes the balance between being firm yet comfortable, it's hard to think how it could be improved upon and at less than £100 it is an extremely good price. As a bonus it's nice to discover it is manufactured in the UK too!

PaperPro 2 Hole Punch - Black/Silver
PaperPro 2 Hole Punch - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Bin your old hole punch, this one is superior!, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The last time I bought a hole punch was about 20 years ago and I thought it did the job well enough, BUT I had never tried anything else. What hooked me with the PaperPro was the promise that it would old 20 pages at once (my old one struggled with 5) but in the end it is superior in several ways. It has a lock which folds it down when not in use (so it actually fits in my desk drawer) a guide which comes out of the side to line your paper up against and a very clear marker to line up the middle of the page with. Who knew that hole punches had moved on so much? I'm very pleased with it!

BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with our retriever!, 31 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been feeding this to my retriever cross and she absolutely loves it. Kibble pieces are a good size and appropriate to the size of dog. We haven't had problems with our dog over-eating (our Beagle excels in that area though) but I have noticed that as she gets older her joints appear to be a little stiffer so I am keen to ensure she gets the right food to help her with this. We mix this food with wet food and so get 10 days food out of a 2kg bag. Overall we are very pleased with this food and would buy it again.

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 4 Refills)

4.0 out of 5 stars selling at more than twice the price of the Tri-Zone and although they are good, I can't see that they justify the price ..., 31 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used a variety of Oral-B Braun heads over the years and they are all different, but all have their own merits. Most recently I used the TriZone brushes which are larger and feel slightly softer than these ones which are VERY firm. The most significant difference with the CrossAction brushes is that they seem to be by far the most expensive heads, selling at more than twice the price of the Tri-Zone and although they are good, I can't see that they justify the price tag.

Busy B Christmas Tags and Ribbon - Multicolour
Busy B Christmas Tags and Ribbon - Multicolour

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stylish, 30 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this product. The pack contains 40 good quality card tags with a matte finish. They are simply styled and at least one of them could be used for a non-Christmas event. I also think they are good value for money compared to many of the smaller packs you see in shops. The pack they come in is useful to keep spare tags together and the ribbon is a lovely bright red colour.

Nocs NS500 Aluminum Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Gold
Nocs NS500 Aluminum Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and comfortable earphones, 27 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've lost count of the number of ear/headphones I have owned over the years in every shape, size and price bracket! These earphones which are apparently made specifically for iPhone, iPad and iPods feel like a quality product from the moment you receive the box, which seems to have been designed with the same thick high quality finish card that the Apple products are packaged in. The ear pieces which have a removable soft plastic cover seem to go quite far into the ear. They feel extremely comfortable to wear and unlike some of the harder in-ear headphones my ears didn't ache after wearing them for a while.

Sound wise, they produce a high quality sound which might be a little tinny for some tastes, but I quite liked it. I haven't tried using the microphone (and probably never will!) but the on wire remote works well, even if it is so far up the line that you can't look down to see it and instead have to feel for it.

All in all a quality product which performs wear and are comfortable to use.

Melissa & Doug Vacuum Play Set
Melissa & Doug Vacuum Play Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made but with a flaw..., 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This vacuum was a little simpler in construction than I was expecting. It is not powered in any way and when pushed along the wheels rotate a simple plastic mechanism at the bottom that scoops up the provided pieces. The trouble is you have to push down as well as forward with the vacuum to make it work effectively and although that is pretty instinctive for adults using it, children tend not to apply enough weight to it, so they push it along and skim over the top of the pieces. It's a bit of a shame because it is a lovely thing to look at and solidly made, but sadly despite the initial excitement it proved to be of limited novelty value to my three year-old son.

AmazonBasics Children's Velvet Hangers, Blue, Set of 30
AmazonBasics Children's Velvet Hangers, Blue, Set of 30

4.0 out of 5 stars They are sturdy, not flimsy and although the non-slip velvety coating ..., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These coat hangers work out at about 30p each and for that price I think they do the job very well. They are sturdy, not flimsy and although the non-slip velvety coating is a little thin, I think it is adequate. Clothes stay on them well and they look good hanging in my son's wardrobe. I really don't think you can go wrong purchasing these for a child's bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20