Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular with our BT!, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog, a border terrier, has premium dried food in the morning and wet food in the evening. He is, like me, always lazy at getting up in the morning but since giving him this food he runs to his bowl when he hears me filling it up. Very much recommended!

1Byone 27W 4-Port Travel-Sized Multi Ports Desktop USB Charger with U-station Design for iPhone 6 5s 5c 5, iPad 4 mini Air, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4, Note 3 2, the new HTC One (M8), Nexus, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers and More
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and well designed product, 14 Oct 2014
I've been looking for a USB charger for my Kindle and I spotted this one and realised it could do the job and much more. It actually has four USB charge points which means I can plug all my gadgets in at once. It's beautifully and very cleverly designed in a style that Apple fans will appreciate. I'm very pleased with it and wish that I had thought to look for a multi-USB charger a while ago rather than plugging all my cables in individually. A good price too!

Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15
Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappeared in seconds!, 4 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A big hit with both my dogs (a retriever cross and a beagle) who both inhaled these and hardly stopped to taste them! These treats are made from dehydrated chicken (they are 99% chicken) and look strangely like strips of smoked salmon. My only complaint is that the pack I tried only had 4 pieces in it, so it was gone in two treat sessions, I'm also not entirely convinced of how it's supposed to help dental health as any chewing my dogs did was minimal! Expensive for what they are, but clearly popular with dogs.

Daughter
Daughter
by Jane Shemilt

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: Daughter (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really looking forward to this book. I expected a page-turner with continual revelations and a twisting narrative as we began to discover about Naomi (the missing daughter)'s secret life. Instead what I got was a slightly plodding book about a middle-aged woman, her family and her marriage. The narrative hops backwards and forwards between Naomi's disappearance and scenes a year later. This did nothing for me as all it did was make it clear that Naomi was still missing after 12 months and therefore that there were going to be no revelations in the "present". In fact it took the first 100 pages before there was any sort of move forward in the storyline about her having disappeared and even then it wasn't particularly revealing.

Like others I feel the publishers blurb and hype has done this book a disservice as it's not half as exciting as the publicity and straplines make it appear. An ok read, but it's not a book I will feel compelled to pass on to anyone.

AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with UK Plug
AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with UK Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 20 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I decided to get a USB port as I tend to have quite a few cables plugged in to my computer, including USBs for my phone, kindle and camera and I thought it would be easier to leave them permanently plugged in rather than swapping cables around. I was slightly surprised to discover (mostly due to my own ignorance) that the port required mains power. The image on this page shows it without the power cable and so I assumed it took power from the computer. It works well though and I've had no issues either installing it (it just plugged straight in to my mac) or using it. My only complaint is that the USB cable on the unit (which connects to the computer) is very short (22cm) which limits you on where you can place it on a desk. However it's a good price and works well.

Play Doh Launch Game
Play Doh Launch Game

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a success, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Play Doh Launch Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This game consists of 3 sprung catapult style player launch pads and a central battery powered character that rotates and tries to catch the play-doh missiles.

We had only limited success with this toy. I gave it to my 12 and 13 year-old nephew to play with with my 3 year-old son and none of them (or me) could get the central battery powered part to work properly. The lid on top is supposed to go up and down (i presume) but it moved only slightly whilst it rotated which made it impossible to get the play-doh into the target.

In the end all three children abandoned the game and played with the the tubs of play-doh instead. Even if the central part had been working I think this game is of limited appeal and could potentially be a bit of a nightmare for parents as it involves lobbing play-doh around (don't even think of doing it near carpet!) Not one I'd recommend.

GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars We liek this product very much (and so do the dogs!), 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this dog treat can. From the description, I did think it might all come in one lump which you had to tear apart. In fact it's a tin of several pieces. Each piece is about 40mm x 15mm and can either be broken up or given as a treat in one. As I have both a large dog and a small dog, I found this perfect as I broke them in half for the Beagle and gave them whole to the Retriever. They are also long and thin which means they are good for giving to dogs who "snatch" food from hands! They have proved very popular with our dogs and I like the container they come in. Too often treat bags rip and spill, where as this container does the job much better.

Babies Firsts Bamboo Pocket Spring Cot Bed Mattress (140 x 70 x 10 cm)
Babies Firsts Bamboo Pocket Spring Cot Bed Mattress (140 x 70 x 10 cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality mattress, hard to fault, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a noticeably heavier and higher quality mattress than the previous (half the price) one I had for my son's cotbed. It also has a quilted bamboo top to it which makes it feel softer and more luxurious. This cover can be removed for washing too. Overall the mattress strikes the balance between being firm yet comfortable, it's hard to think how it could be improved upon and at less than £100 it is an extremely good price. As a bonus it's nice to discover it is manufactured in the UK too!

PaperPro 2 Hole Punch - Black/Silver
PaperPro 2 Hole Punch - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Bin your old hole punch, this one is superior!, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The last time I bought a hole punch was about 20 years ago and I thought it did the job well enough, BUT I had never tried anything else. What hooked me with the PaperPro was the promise that it would old 20 pages at once (my old one struggled with 5) but in the end it is superior in several ways. It has a lock which folds it down when not in use (so it actually fits in my desk drawer) a guide which comes out of the side to line your paper up against and a very clear marker to line up the middle of the page with. Who knew that hole punches had moved on so much? I'm very pleased with it!

BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with our retriever!, 31 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been feeding this to my retriever cross and she absolutely loves it. Kibble pieces are a good size and appropriate to the size of dog. We haven't had problems with our dog over-eating (our Beagle excels in that area though) but I have noticed that as she gets older her joints appear to be a little stiffer so I am keen to ensure she gets the right food to help her with this. We mix this food with wet food and so get 10 days food out of a 2kg bag. Overall we are very pleased with this food and would buy it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20