Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Stain - Elusive
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Stain - Elusive

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle colour and non-drying, 10 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lip stain that looks like a pencil, but glides on like a balm and has the staying power of lipstick. I really liked the colour if this and didn't find it too drying, however like most lipsticks I found the moisturising effect came at a price, that being the need to repeatedly reapply it. It's great for daytime wear, but the subtle shade and need to reapply means I wouldn't wear it on a night out...

Dog Poo Bags Large OXO Biodegradable by Easipet (100)
Dog Poo Bags Large OXO Biodegradable by Easipet (100)
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dog poo bags!, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I will confess I can be a real cheapskate when it comes to certain things, but dog poo bags are something I refuse to scrimp on. I don't want to use anything vaguely transparent (nappy sacks!) or thin enough to risk rupturing (even writing that sounds quite vile!) so I have been buying these bags for the last year or so. I always buy 500 of them and they generally last me (or rather my two dogs) about six months. Excellent value and they ARE biodegradable too. Why bother with anything else?

Bob and Flo and the Missing Bucket (Bob & Flo)
Bob and Flo and the Missing Bucket (Bob & Flo)
by Rebecca Ashdown

3.0 out of 5 stars A little odd, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a bit of a strange story about two penguins and a bucket that one of them brings with them to nursery and the other finds various uses for. I know they are penguins, but I still found the inclusion of the bucket a little odd. I liked the illustrations a lot, but didn't like the way that the text was often split, so that the final word of a sentence was on another...

...page. Reading it to my three year-old it all felt like it was over a bit quickly and I personally felt underwhelmed. He hasn't asked to read it again.

GoPro Cameras For Dummies
GoPro Cameras For Dummies
by John Carucci

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the most out of your GoPro, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a little hesitant about getting this book because sometimes handbooks can be so overwhelmingly full of information that they end up stuck on the shelf and never read, but now it's arrived I am so pleased I did.

I have had a GoPro for about six months and this Dummies guide has helped me appreciate its full potential. It includes details of all the mounts you can get, including things like a GoPro mask for scuba diving which I didn't realised existed and explanations of the settings including the fact you can spot meter with it and that it can be set to record both video and stills which I didn't realise.

There is also a lot of very useful general information about filming techniques including white balance, recording audio and editing film. The only problem with this guide is that it covers all the GoPro models and although up till now I was entirely happy with my silver edition of the camera (because I didn't know any better) the book has made me realise how much more the Black edition is capable of, so I may have to consider an upgrade at some point!

Would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to get the most out of their GoPro.

AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg
AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality dog food, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very high quality grain free dog food that contains 80% chicken compared to our usual (James Wellbeloved) about 23% and has a protein content of 34% vs 20%. The pieces are about the same size as other foods, but noticeably much darker as they have less filler in them. It's never easy to tell whether a dog likes a new food as our two seem to inhale their meals and barely taste it on the way down, but I noticed that both did return to our food storage box after they ate for a good sniff around. Whether this was simply because it was something different or because they wanted more, I'm not quite sure! It's a great product, however not sure if our dogs receive enough exercise and stimulation outside of their daily walks to justify the high protein content.

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter- 2.55 g, Peach Parfait
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter- 2.55 g, Peach Parfait

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried this out in the Peach Parfait colour. I do not wear lipstick very often, but really liked this product. It feels like a lip balm to wear and is a lovely subtle colour with a little sparkle to it, great for daytime wear. My 13 year-old niece who wears a little make-up occasionally also looked good in it. I will definitely consider trying it in other colours

Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink
Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Best electric toothbrush I have had yet!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have owned a few electric toothbrushes over the last twenty years, but this one is definitely my favourite so far. To begin with the Sonicare is the first electric toothbrush that has got over the problem of slime accumulating on the charger and sink surface by creating a magic charging system! The brush comes with a charging "coaster" on which you place a supplied glass which the toothbrush then goes in (not plugged in, just resting in the glass) and then charges. This means that after you brush all the toothpaste residue is collected in the glass which can be easily washed out. It's a simple change, but I love it and it makes our basin area so much cleaner.

To use it you can choose between 5 different cleaning settings, though I would hazard at a guess that most people will never deviate from the default setting. The charge lasts for 3 weeks which is great if you plan to take it on holiday and talking of which it also comes with a very nat travel case and a short USB cable to enable you to charge it in the case from your laptop - genius!

One other reviewer mentioned that it was loud and I was a little worried about this when I first used it, but I can only presume he must have got a faulty one. The Sonicare is actually quieter than my old Braun toothbrush and volume is not something I would have thought to mention if I hadn't read the original review.

So to sum up, a really brilliant electric toothbrush which ticks all the boxes. I even love the pink colour!

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars Does teh job at a competitive price!, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We tried out the medium size (10-20kg) treatment for our Beagle. The pack contains three pipettes each vacuum sealed in their own individual bags, so the box itself gives between 12-24 weeks protection from fleas and ticks (depending on whether you reapply at the earliest or latest point) Very easy to apply, just snap off the end of the pipette and squeeze onto the dogs back (so they can't lick it off) our dog wasn't bothered by the application or at any period afterwards. Seems to be doing the job, so will be coming back to this!

Small Elephant's Bathtime
Small Elephant's Bathtime
by Tatyana Feeney

4.0 out of 5 stars A story about little people who don't like baths, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A sweet little story about a baby elephant who doesn't like his bath and is finally persuaded to go in it by his Daddy going in instead. I read this with my 3 year-old son, the illustrations are lovely and plentiful, but the text is quite sparse making it a quick read with lots of page turning so it is probably more suitable for younger children (18m +) who are probably also more likely to be the target audience who don't enjoy baths. My son enjoyed it though and said he'd like to have it read again. Another reviewer mentioned that the solution lying with "Daddy" wouldn't be suitable for all readers and I have to agree that this did strike me as odd too and I'm not sure why it couldn't have just been "a big elephant"

Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White
Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars LUCECO LED 50 Watt GU10 bulbs Warm White, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a number of cheaper bulbs on the market and I have tried and rejected them, however, it would seem that you do get what you pay for. These bulbs, in warm white, give an excellent light indistinguishable from halogen. Another advantage is that they are the same height as a GU10 and do not protrude from the fitting which some others on the market do. Also the white lens ring blends perfectly with a white fitting. It is a shame though that they do not seem to be available as a dimmable option.
You would have to be mad to buy replacement halogen bulbs when these energy savers are available

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20