Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Avent Classic and Bottle To Cup Trainer Kit, 4 months+
Philips Avent Classic and Bottle To Cup Trainer Kit, 4 months+

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful transition bottle, 10 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This trainer bottle is essentially a small size (125ml) Avent bottle with a plastic handle that fits on top of the bottle before the teat is twisted on and therefore you can remove the handle part of it and attach it to any Avent bottle you happen to have. My daughter is nearly 4 months old, but already drinking from bottles larger than this one, so I was able to take the handle part off and switch it to a 260ml bottle. I presume the reason it is not sold on a larger bottle is because 4 month old babies wouldn't be able to support the weight of a larger bottle on its own, but I held the base of the bottle and let my daughter try out the handles without too much success! She tended to fight with herself and try and pull the bottle in both directions, I'm sure she'll learn and that this will be useful in the coming months.

L'Oréal Paris Million Lashes Excess Waterproof, Black 9 ml
L'Oréal Paris Million Lashes Excess Waterproof, Black 9 ml
Offered by BrightChoice's

4.0 out of 5 stars Good definition and no clumping., 10 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mascara comes in quite a chunky tube and the brush is slightly shaped with different length bristles to fit the shape of the eyelid. It goes on well, adds definition and doesn't clump (yet) It also holds well in water. It's not a particularly amazing purchase, but it does compare well to a lot of other mid-price mascaras and it's my favoured one at the moment. It holds on the lashes extremely well and and looks quite natural.

Elastoplast Disney Family Pack Plaster Strips - Pack of 10, Total 400
Elastoplast Disney Family Pack Plaster Strips - Pack of 10, Total 400

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful variety box of plasters, 1 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A rather simple but effective idea of combining children's an adult plasters n the same box. There's also a choice of fabric or non-fabric adult plasters, which if you are allergic to the former (as I am) is very useful. Very handy not just for home use but if you want to pick up a box that covers all bases for traveling.

PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control, PBC-1000
PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control, PBC-1000
Offered by YOYOS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed our problem on first use!!, 25 Jan. 2016
I made my husband buy this despite his protests that it would be a waste of time and money as I was desperate to find a solution to our Beagle's early morning barking. Our problem is that we have two dogs shut in our kitchen at night and as soon as the Beagle hears movement upstairs (often from our four year-old and not us!!) she starts to bark because she wants to join in and I was pretty fed up with the dog deciding the household routine! I had a feeling that this might work for us because we were going to use it in an enclosed environment and I was right. First morning she barked once and second morning there was silence... we are two weeks down the line now and she hasn't barked again (really hope I'm not going to jinx it!!)

Two things worth noting though, even though we only used it for 2 days our larger dog REALLY hated it and it made her hate going in the kitchen (even when we had taken the battery out) she is slowly relaxing again, but she was not a happy pup! (mind you neither was I when I got woken up by barking!) The other thing is that buoyed up by the kitchen success we thought we'd try it in the front garden which is only about 15ft deep and it had absolutely no impact at all!

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Heating Mask 6 ml - Pack of 2
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Heating Mask 6 ml - Pack of 2
Offered by KrystalDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars No heating effect for me, 25 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A pleasant enough face mask which leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed. I'm not sure why, but I didn't notice any heating effect when I applied it despite keeping it on my face for about 15 minutes.

Go Stationery Coral Bloom A5 Large Flower Notebook
Go Stationery Coral Bloom A5 Large Flower Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality notebook for price, 20 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A5 size and spiral bound. The back and front both have a floral pattern and are substantial enough to protect the notebook. Inside the pages are wide ruled and good quality.

Britax Affinity Travel Bundle (Black + Chili Pepper)
Britax Affinity Travel Bundle (Black + Chili Pepper)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality travel system, extremely impressed!, 26 Dec. 2015
The Affinity is the second travel system I have owned (the first was the Quinny Buzz) and it is by far the best. I immediately liked the look of it and have been enormously impressed by the quality of it too.

One of its best features is the easily adjustable handlebar which makes it just as comfortable for my four year-old son to push as for my 6' 4" husband! I'm 5' 7" and I often found that travel systems made me slump over when I was pushing them, but this one allows me to have a great posture and I don't kick the underside of the seat as I walk along either.

The folding mechanism is brilliant and very smooth. I've had a few fights in car parks with my Quinny trying to fold it down, but the Affinity is effortless. The carrycot and seat all click in very easily and smoothly and the release buttons are easy to use and conveniently placed.

I was so impressed with this Britax system and the quality of their products that I actually ended up buying the babysafe sleeper (which is a lie flat car seat for babies) this has been a brilliant addition because it allows us to keep the baby in the same carrier for long periods of time and it fits on to the Affinity travel system frame.

I was slightly concerned that the four wheels might make the Affinity less maneuverable on rough terrain (we live in the countryside surrounded by fields!) but it has risen to the challenge of muddy paths with ease. The only thing that is slightly frustrating is that the shopping basket doesn't come on and off easily (you need a screwdriver) so it ends up staying in place the whole time and getting muddy, a reflection of the fact that the Affinity is primarily designed for urban environments

The rain cover is nicely designed and not entirely made of transparent plastic (it has panels of waterproof grey material too) which makes it look very smart. In fact the entire system really does look and feel high quality. I find it hard to fault and would definitely recommend it.

Neato Robotics Botvac Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 0.7 Litre, 43 W, Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of "Harry" our Neato robovac, 26 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a bit of a tech-geek I was really excited to try out the botvac and see how the dream of automatic cleaning fitted into our lives. After using it for a month we are impressed by its suction power and cleaning abilities, but have discovered that the dream of cleaning going on discreetly behind your back while you are asleep or out of the house doesn't quite happen!

The first obstacle to making this dream a reality is that if you live in a busy house with clutter and obstacles (we have two children and two dogs) you really need to move things out of the way before letting your botvac get on with its work and you need to be around in case it gets stuck. It's pretty good at avoiding most obstacles, but on most cleaning runs there is something I haven't anticipated will cause a problem and I have to step in to help it. Trailing cables or wires (Christmas tree lights!) and small objects it sucks up underneath it's body are examples.

In our house we have a long-haired Flokati rug which is completely vacuum incompatible (whether robot on not!) our options were to place boundary markers round it (a short length of this is supplied in the box, but we would have needed a LOT more) or to lift the rug every time the vacuum cleans, so we do the latter. This is a pain, but I am beginning to conclude that it is the rug that is the problem and NOT the robot!

Also for some unknown reason there is one thing in our house that it has a completely breakdown about which is the base of our bar stools! I'm not sure if it is because they are mirrored and whether this tricks the botvac into thinking it can keep going when it can't, but it keeps repeatedly mounting the damn things like a frustrated dog on heat until it gives up and cries for help!

The other problem which means it doesn't clean entirely perfectly is that if you have hard floors and fluff/pet hair/dust bunnies as it approaches the fluff it blows air and the fluff flies across the floor surface. A human cleaning would see this happen and move the vacuum accordingly, but the botvac doesn't know if that piece of fluff has just blown behind it and sees no reason to go back over the area it has just cleaned.

However the botvac did rise to the challenge of one of the biggest concerns I had before it arrived, which was how it would cope with the chunky wooden thresholds we have between our rooms. It is actually surprisingly agile and can back itself up and lift itself over objects, so it can manage thresholds, fire hearths or rug edges without problems.

So despite a few teething problems "Harry" has settled into life in our house very well. He lives (as you might have guessed) under our sideboard under our stairs and discreetly retreats there at the end of each clean to charge himself. He may not be entirely self-sufficient, but if I spend a couple of minutes tidying up first I can start him up and retreat to my desk to get some work done while he carries on with his job.... oh and of course it's brilliant fun to summon him from the app on your mobile when you have visitors too!

Billy + Margot White Fish and Potato Biscuits (Treats) 100g, Pack of 4
Billy + Margot White Fish and Potato Biscuits (Treats) 100g, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Beagle loved them, 20 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our dog has a sensitive digestive system which is prone to flare ups (otherwise known as colitis) and we have to be careful about the treats we give her. The simple uncomplicated ingredients in these biscuits suited her very well and judging by the tail wagging she liked them too. They are fish of course which means they do smell a bit, but once we opened the bag we put a clip on it and the smell seemed to stay within the bag (unlike some other fish treats which smell out the whole cupboard!) They aren't cheap, but worth buying to avoid feeding your dog fillers and other rubbish!

Leifheit 81454 Tower 270 Indoor Airer with 27 M Drying Space
Leifheit 81454 Tower 270 Indoor Airer with 27 M Drying Space

3.0 out of 5 stars Budget airer, 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have a Leifheit outdoor rotary airer which is excellent quality and typical of the high-standard of product you expect from a German firm, so I was a little disappointed with this indoor one. The horizontal bars are rather flimsy and the wheels look very cheap and plasticy and don't maneuver particularly well if you have to wheel over carpet. However the wheels ARE a very useful addition (particularly if you are moving around on tiles or wood floor) and the three tiers mean you do get good hanging space too. I notice it is currently selling on Amazon for about half the RRP and if you can get it for that price the quality is appropriate to the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20