Profile for Twinlock > Reviews

Dragon Age 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by 101Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sequal, 13 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I wont go in to too much detail as there are other reviews that cover the spcific points, but brilliant game, I am a lifelong lover of Bioware and dragin age 2 does not dissapoint

The Godfather (PS2)
The Godfather (PS2)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but is that enough......?, 21 Jan. 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Godfather (PS2) (Video Game)
First of I think that its unfair to compare this game to a GTA:SA, mainly as The Godfather that game was released 2 full years after the former, but also because in my opinion no game copying the style of GTA will ever live up to its standards (with the possible exception of Saints Row), and this game is no exception. So for that reason I will judge it on its own merits.

The story line is well the godfather but instead of established characters from the film there is a new custom designed one. You do have a fair amount of customisation, you can include scars however I was a little disappointed by the fact that there are only about 5 hairstyles, 5 hair colours, 5 ears etc, and a very limited amount our outfits! The story line does not last long, I know that there are some other reviews that say they spent 40 hours on the game, but honestly after 5 I had completed the story and taken over 20 business' and 15 ventures. So give me another 5 and I guess I will be don of NYC.

The graphics engine is very good, and people react and get shot in a very realistic manner, there are limited NPC's, limited dialogue and, limited cars but this is no different than most games of the genre. The music did annoy me, as it was the same 2 or 3 pieces from the film repeated, and the interior of every club, and every shop was the same again this was annoying. I also found the game play slightly repetitive and the city was very small. There also seems to be very little structure to the game, by that I mean that the tutorials are short and don't really explain anything and unless you watch the very hard to find mob secrets you really have no idea which rival `gang' you should go after first'

Over all this is not a bad game, it's a period crime shoot `em up and is best left to those fans of the film (but then who isn't). It is fun to play, but don't expect too much, for those who are fans of GTA or Saints Row, you wont find anything that can rival storyline's or shear hours spent in from of the screen, but then it doesn't need to as its simply fun to work for the godfaher.

Folklore (PS3)
Folklore (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could heve been better., 5 Nov. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Folklore (PS3) (Video Game)
Firstly there is no denying that this is a beautiful game, characters, baddies/folk, landscapes are all so well created its hard to take it all in, however this game is not just looks, the storyline too is compelling, although some may complain about the fact yo must play the same levels twice - once as each characher i find this quite interesting, I player Ellen first (as I usually find male characters more enjoyable I saved Keates) and obviously you find things happening that you sont know why or how and you dont get to find out untill you enbark on your second character. Combat is good, basically you capture the baddies of that area and they fight for you, they are of course of different types shield, fire, ice etc and can level up with your character. That brings me on to gaining levels in this game - its pointless and hard, the only reward is a small (and I mean SMALL health increase each time and by the time you reach level 6 you need 4000 EXP to get to level 7 - and trust me with the amount of EXP the baddies give you it could take all day. Another negative is the use of the sixaxis - as explained by other reviewers you have to pull souls out of creatures and while mostly the sixaxis works well - ie pull to pull out the soul sometimes as you progress the games you need to use other techniques and it worrys me when a message like 'try to anticipate the folks movements and match them' appears on the screen. Another flaw with this is that you can be happily fighting a couple of very big mini-boss' and have to suck one soul but while you are doing this the other comes up and hits you, allowing his companion to get back up. I think this system could do with simplifying. And on to my other gripe sidequests - yes there are some and no they are not very good, all you will gain is a few items - which are of no real use to you (they level up your folk) and mostly they just repeat what you did in the level.

This game could have been amazing but because of a few mistakes its just good!

Two Worlds (Xbox 360)
Two Worlds (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok I will keep it short...., 18 Sept. 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Two Worlds (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Hours played 0-4 - 'OMG why have I wasted by money on this'

Hours played 4-10 - 'OK, takes some getting used to but not bad at all'

Hours played 10-12 - 'No its too much to take again, this is aweful'

At 12 hours I traded it in, the first 4 are just the intro and after that the voice acting become amusing, funning and novel even, but after a while the story is poor, the side quests repetative and the characters shallow.

Not worth your time, money or even a second look. Oblivion it is not.

Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is hard to write......., 18 Sept. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, this is not easy for me to write, as i have always hated sony i thought that the ps1 and 2 where both over rated (although i have always owned them as such a huge games fan), i thought that the xbox ruled and the 360 would be better and the ps3 would suck......

I was wrong.

This consol is amazing, put simply, the graphics, the internet connection, the multimedia functions, everything about the PS3 screams class. There are those that argue that it is too expencive, I personally feel that £399 (all inclusiv) is fair and well worth the money.

If it has a flaws they are a) not fully backward compatable - currently about 90% and sony are working on it, b) lack of games - but then again I feel that the Wii and the 360 both also lack games but that is a problem with all new consols.

I feel in time everyone will see this as the wonder that it is, but sonys arrogance had, in my opinion caused alot of people to turn away from them.

Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360)
Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, 8 Aug. 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Ok maybe I have been a little harsh on this game but the other review wich seem to leave out the bad points prompted me.

I found that the bad points where....
1 - Bad story line, if you love RPG's as I do you will find yourself saying at various points, thats from final fantasy, thats from SMT:LC, thats from Baken Kaitos, there is no originality its simply made up of bits and pieces of other RPG's.

2 - Battle system, not only is this also non-inventive, but the moves are stale and the AI is well stupid. Not only that but every boss you fight either seems to be way above your characters in which case you are killed in one hit or way below your character in which case you kill the boss in one hit (ok not one but I did kill a boss in 3). The random battles also come too close together.

3 - The characters are so annoying, they seem to have felt that steriotypes where the best way to go, the egotistical child, the gay guy that wants to be more than fiends with everyone, the hero who is not so good at school but is lucky and always wants adventure and the bookworm.

And thats about it, this game is worth buying but knowing what i know now i would never spend more than £20 on it.

Canis Canem Edit (PS2)
Canis Canem Edit (PS2)
Offered by CDandVinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars Not on its own!, 3 Aug. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have read several reviews on here tha say 'not as good as gta' well realistically it was never going to be so - few games are!

Now I must admit that I did love this but I played it at the same time as GRAW and Digital Devil Saga, so I found it a refreshing amusing break from the serious gameplay.

Granted its childish and not particually challanging but it is refreshing, typical rock star humour and an innovative storyline keep you involved enough to want to play to 100%.

I am sure if I had just sat down and played this game on its own I would have been bored but it is a good game and a welcome break from franchises.

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Offered by APE-GAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Hhmmmm!!, 3 Aug. 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Well my first thoughts on this game where that as FFXI is generally concidered aweful, SE wanted to prove that they could do a game with that fighting style that worked and to an extent this does.

THE NEGATIVE
1 - Thin, boring, uninspiring, hard to follow plot line.
2 - Battle system, while it does work to an extent and there is a significant amount of user input, after about 20 hours I found that I was able to programme my gambits so well that I had no need to do anything - not good.
3 - Annoying characters, Vaan 'I want to be a sky pirate' cos I am a kid in an adults body, he aweful 'best friend', the only character i actually like was Balthir, who actually had a plausable and well established back story. Everyone seemed to be a poor imitation of someone in X.
4 - No epic battles, every ememy can be defeated relitivly easily, call me old fashoned but i miss the 90 min boss battles of FFVII or the 60 min ones of X, there was no skill involved.

NOW THE POS

1 - Great side quests, long, indepth, innovative.
2 - Amazing world, not just visually but SE have throught throught villages and the people that live in them, towns, citys and dungeons all have a unique look and unique characters who live there.
3 - Battle system, although not great its not actully as bad as you think its going to be!

In conclusion

I personally think SE let them selves down, I have been a FF fan for a long time and this did not meet the standards of VII or X, but maybe my love of this franchise has clouded my objectivity with reviewing this game and i find myself asking if it had been released by another company or under another name would i hate it so much? And I have to say the answer is no, I wouldn't.

Its a good game its just not a Final Fantasy.

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Underdog, 29 Jun. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, there is no dispute that the Wii was the underdog, I have the PS3 and 360 and was not really sure about the Wii, at the end of the day, however, the price tag won me over.

I do like the the whole motion sensative business, and for short spell, and during parties its the most fun that can be had, however, if you are playing a game that may well take several hours - such as Zelda, then I would recomend you buy one of the 'old-style' controllers earier on the wrists and easier to concentrate with then the classic will always be better for those 'hard-core' hours spent infont of the consol.

I dont think that I need to mention that the graphics are not on a par with either the 360 or the PS3, but that said Nintendo know their strengths and have gone for a more inventive style of game play more than relying on the look.

One last thing three cheers to the guys at nintendo for actually delivering a fully backward compatable next-gen consol - others had promised but only they delivered.

The Libertine [DVD]
The Libertine [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for eveyone!, 7 Aug. 2006
This review is from: The Libertine [DVD] (DVD)
All i can say about this film is that it was one of the most surprising that i have ever seen! Having read all the bad reviews i was expecting a dull and uneventfull plod, boy did i get a surprise. I can understand how some people would be offended or bored. But i think that anybody who has ever tried to drown their problems in alcohol or taken any vice to the extreem will see the sadness in Depps charachter and understand why (although not like him for) the way that he treats others around him. Its not all doom and gloom however with some great laughts and even a little romance. Although the grainey way that it is shot is a little annoying (and the reason it only gets 4 stars)it is well worth watching its not for the faint or heart of the easily offended but i beg you give it a go.