Profile for treesponge > Reviews

Kitchen Devils Control 23cm Bread Knife 603005
Kitchen Devils Control 23cm Bread Knife 603005
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

4.0 out of 5 stars Good knife for the price., 19 Oct 2014
Handle doesn't have a particularly solid feel but the knife is very solid and INCREDIBLY sharp. Time will tell if it holds its quality.

Chris Marker: A Grin Without a Cat (Whitechapel Art Gallery, London: Exhibition Catalogues)
by Chris Darke (ed)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable for Marker fans, 19 Oct 2014
Beautifully designed book about a fascinating and compelling artist.

Fireangel CO-9B Basic LED Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Fireangel CO-9B Basic LED Carbon Monoxide Alarm

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, easy-to-use CO alarm, 19 Oct 2014
Solid feel and works within minutes. Includes batteries and screws for quick assembly. Small and discreet. Recommended.

6 KG SLAM BALL NO BOUNCE WEIGHT LIFT CROSSFIT WORKOUT MMA BOXING FITNESS GYM [DY-GB-099]
Offered by AllHere

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-made medicine ball, 19 Oct 2014
Well made, feels very solid. Only quibble is the feeling of something shifting inside it, but maybe it's meant to be that way. Neat design though, with little bumps for good grip (it has no handles). Recommended.

VeloChampion Alloy Pro 12 Bike Pump silver/black
VeloChampion Alloy Pro 12 Bike Pump silver/black
Offered by Maxgear Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 4 April 2014
I saw a pump of similar quality on the High Street for three times the price, so thought I'd give this a bash. It's just as good, has a little pressure gauge and is light and compact. Very happy with the purchase.

Into The Woods: How Stories Work and Why We Tell Them
Into The Woods: How Stories Work and Why We Tell Them
by John Yorke

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and insightful, 4 April 2014
There is not shortage of screenwriting self-help books online, and yet each seems to offer similar advice all told in a sort of cloying, annoying, pally tone. This is the first of its kind to be a) extremely well written by a serious writer who knows both the industry and the theoretical basis behind writing and b) a book that explores the mystery behind story structure and why stories exist, rather than merely looking at what their structures are.

Whether you're a novice or a long-time pro, I would highly recommend this book.

MEGA.DEALS4U - PU Leather Flip Card Wallet Case For SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE GT S5830 S5839i INCLUDING STYLUS PEN + SCREEN PROTECTOR + CLEANING CLOTH (Blue)
Offered by Mega.Deals4U®

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice... up to a point, 4 April 2014
A pretty, surprisingly nice-feeling cover with the very useful addition of a card-carrying wallet BUT this wallet tore almost immediately after I put in more than two cards... I guess you need to choose your favourite two and stick to them. Recommended for the price.

WD My Passport Studio 2TB FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive
WD My Passport Studio 2TB FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent option, 20 July 2013
I needed an on-the-go drive solution that powered off my PC, but being more devoted to G-Raid and La Cie I wavered over this purchase. Well, I have no regrets. It has a solid all-metal build, is quiet, fast and reliable. And truly plug-and-play. And the irony is I bought it after my big La Cie started making ominous beeping sounds... For my money, the best-value 2GB Firewire portable HD on the market.

eSecure High Speed USB Card Reader for Digital Memory Cards - Wide Compatibility
Offered by eSecure

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, tacky and destructive!, 20 July 2013
I bought this to save on always having to plug the camera in. I know it's not expensive, but I thought for its price it would at least be sort of okay. But it has the tackiest build I've ever seen (even for a produce made in China) and after a few uses just sort of gave up. Worst of all is that I was using Compact Flash cards in it, and its dock had pins that became loose. One of them arced my Compact Flash card and fried it, costing me a lot of money. It's really not worth buy a cheap card reader, because it can damage your much more expensive equipment. Lesson learned!

Nuna Pepp Navy model 2014 (Latest Color) Including Rain Cover
Nuna Pepp Navy model 2014 (Latest Color) Including Rain Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 13 July 2013
I bought this buggy in the Netherlands, its country of design, and not on Amazon, but I thought I'd write a review here anyway to let prospective buyers know just how good this buggy is.

We originally had a Chicco stroller, but we found it clunky, cumbersome and tacky. Our daughter found it uncomfortable to sit in, bumpy to ride in, and the poor support meant she often slouched in her seat. Now, she can't get enough of the Nuna buggy and even asks to sit in it while at home!

It features a very good build quality, excellent materials and modern, ergonomic design. It folds neatly and compactly, and its clamshell design means you won't be fiddling with clips and levers. Its wheels rotate fully so the ride is light and smooth, and the handle is height-adjustable so neither you nor your partner need lean forward while pushing it.

The storage area is admittedly a tad small. But if you like, as we do, to carry groceries on the handles, you can get attachable hooks (these are pretty cheap). I've seen some reviewers say the 5-point harness system is fiddly, but after a few tries it's pretty easy.

All in all, when you consider the ludicrous prices of some buggies out there, then add all of its wonderful features, the Nuna Bepp is simply unbeatable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3