Profile for Clare Singleton > Reviews

RHS Wildlife Garden
by Martyn Cox
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 23 July 2014
This review is from: RHS Wildlife Garden (Hardcover)
Fascinating book with so many ideas for children. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interested in this subject. Well laid out and easy to read and understand. Ideas are very inspiring.

Fiftieth Division 1914 - 1919
Fiftieth Division 1914 - 1919
by Everard Wyrall
Price: 20.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 23 July 2014
A very informative book, which has helped me understand my grandfather's World War experiences.

Scoundrels, Dreamers and Second Sons: British Remittance Men in the Canadian West
by Mark Zuehlke
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Jun 2014
My mother ordered this book and was completely entralled by it. It was certainly an excellent buy. Would recommend to others.

The Story of Wales
The Story of Wales
by Jon Gower
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 May 2014
This review is from: The Story of Wales (Paperback)
With Welsh ancestry, I bought the book for my mother for Mother's Day along with the DVD set 'the Story of Wales' (BBC programme with Huw Edwards). The book was well received and proving to be a 'good read'. The DVD set is also worth buying, if you are interested in the history of Wales.

Blaydon & Winlaton Through Time
Blaydon & Winlaton Through Time
by Nick Neave
Price: 10.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 May 2014
This book contains a number of old photos comparing the views with modern photos. It proved to be very useful for my family history research.

Coutts and Co., 1692-1992: Portrait of a Private Bank
Coutts and Co., 1692-1992: Portrait of a Private Bank
by Edna Healey

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 May 2014
My mother asked me to buy this book and found it extremely interesting. Definitely a good read if you are interested in Coutts bank.

Ryton, Crawcrook & Greenside Through Time
Ryton, Crawcrook & Greenside Through Time
by John Boothroyd
Price: 10.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 May 2014
Doing family history research into the Ryton area, this book was extremely useful, as it contains a number of old photos comparing them to modern views.

Bygone Ryton: a Pictorial History of the Parish (Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council Department of Education local studies series)
by Dept. of Education Gateshead (England)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 May 2014
Doing FH research into the Ryton area, this book contained many old, fascinating photos which gave me a useful insight into where my ancestors lived.

Bywell and its twin churches
Bywell and its twin churches
by R. E Holmes
Edition: Unknown Binding

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Bywell and its twin churches
This book proved invaluable for my research into Bywell, where some of my ancestors lived. It was just what I needed.

The Personalities Of The Forest Of Dean
The Personalities Of The Forest Of Dean
by Henry George Nicholls
Price: 12.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 29 Dec 2013
This looked an interesting book, but I only looked at the index. I returned it, as it didn't contain what I wanted for my family history research.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3