Profile for Rogaro > Reviews

Qstarz BT-Q818XT 10Hz Bluetooth GPS Receiver
Offered by Comtechlogic
Price: 54.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Qstarz BT GPS receiver, 27 Jun 2014
I was looking for a GPS bluetooth receiver to be able to use with my iPad mini. I cannot connect this kit with my iPad!! It doesn't recognise the bluetooth protocol! I can connect to other bluetooth products (My Android phone).
I have other products, such as a bluetooth keyboard that I can connect to my iPad, but this not!!
I am sure that it is perfectly all right for other uses but if you have an iPad, do not buy this device!!

Captain Phillips [DVD] [2013]
Captain Phillips [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Phiillips - a compelling story of the pirate activities off of Somalia, 4 Jun 2014
A thouhgtful stratergy before going to sea, turns out nearly disaterous as the cunning pirates also have a lot of experince! But 'good beats evil' in the end! A magnificent film based on a true story and expirience of a merchant Captain! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Price: 10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gravity the Film, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Although the filming was exceptional, I didn't like the film itself. Of course the cast were also excellent but the story was really 'naf'! Lots of impossible situations whic physically couldn't have taken place. If you buy & want too watch it then I would very strongly suggest you look at the extras & documentary first, which were excellent!

The Story of Ireland [DVD]
The Story of Ireland [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fergal Keane
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story of Ireland, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Story of Ireland [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD set gave me everything I was looking for in the history of Ireland an unbiased view of the history of the Republic with a good presentation of not only facts but also snippets of information about the people of Ireland.
I felt that the Presentator had a very good all encompassing view of the historical information presented.
Very worthwhile indeed.

Kings and Queens [DVD]
Kings and Queens [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marion Milne
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kings & Queens, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Kings and Queens [DVD] (DVD)
Having seen other DVD's about the monarchy of Britain, I just wanted to see what this had to offer. I wasn't disappointed but felt or would have rather had a bit more time on each monarch. It was interesting but also missed a number of monarchs; such as William of Orange and Queen Anne whom I felt both (historically) were very much and worthwhile presenting. But unfortunately...
The series came through to the present day, but even then I felt a little disappointed, due to the fact that I felt too much emphasis was given to the 'Brand' of the House of Windsor and not really to the persons behind it.
But all in all a worthwhile and interesting view.

Richard III: The King in the Carpark + Richard III: The Unseen Story [DVD]
Richard III: The King in the Carpark + Richard III: The Unseen Story [DVD]
Price: 10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard the III The King in the carpark., 25 July 2013
When I read the title of this DVD, I wasn't sure whether I would 'enjoy' it or think much of it, but felt is was certainly worth a view, wanting to broaden my view on History and the monarchy.
I thought that it was both fascinating and very enlightening!! Especially going through the same 'edge of the seat' feelings that the contributors were going through. A large 'bunch' of professionals who were very sceptical (and I also sharing their view initially), but it became more and more apparent that they were onto a 'real' find!! All the test's and historical information and the very number of professionals and the University of Leicester 'proving' generally beyond any 'reasonable' doubt that it was Richard the III.
Very enlightening, professionally carried out, funny and very much worthwhile.

Michael Collins and the Easter Rising [DVD]
Michael Collins and the Easter Rising [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Griffith
Offered by ErinsMusic&Media
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Michael Collns and the Easter Rising, 25 July 2013
When I purchased this DVD I was looking forward to getting some unbiased Historical facts and interesting information. What I got was a biased propagandist view of the troubles in Ireland and the 'cause' of them.
I do have many Irish friends in the Republic of Ireland and have been there several times. I love the country and the people. I have steeped myself in the Irish history, finding it both very interesting but sorrowful at the same time.
This 'documentary' did not do anything to enlighten me at all (at all)...
I was very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 11:10 AM BST

Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD]
Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD]
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bodyguard of Churchill, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD] (DVD)
I felt that this book gave a real insight into the day's of the war and of course what and how Churchill maintained himself and of course who protected him. It was amazing to get to know that Churchill was threatened so much in fact. The man that protected him did a grand job that's for sure.

Blitz Street [DVD]
Blitz Street [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Robinson
Price: 5.41

3.0 out of 5 stars The Blitz in the Second World War, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Blitz Street [DVD] (DVD)
Being born in the middle of the Blitz in the UK I can say that I felt that the 'simulations' I felt weren't really that true and reliable I feel. After all just placing explosives and detonating them is not the same as dropping the bombs all over the place. It gave insight, but I feel a very narrow insight into what happened in those dark days. Particularly with the V1 and V2 bombs..
Authentic props were used though which gave it a little more 'magic'. Nevertheless interesting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 12:14 AM GMT

The Plague [DVD]
The Plague [DVD]
Price: 5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The Black Plague in Europe, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Plague [DVD] (DVD)
Enjoyable to read about how the plague spread from continent to continent. It gave a good insight into how this was viewed locally and what people thought of it at the time. God save us from such a catastrophe in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3