Profile for M.I > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Mattel T2332-0, Barbie, Barbie and Glam Bike
Mattel T2332-0, Barbie, Barbie and Glam Bike

1.0 out of 5 stars Something to display not to play with, 30 Dec. 2011
Like the reviews from Amazon.com point out, it's a very poor toy. It's very flimsy and some bright spark figured it would be a good idea to place three plastic holding plugs into the back of Barbie's head (which you need to yank out with pliers). This was purchased for my niece who loves Barbie. The toy falls apart very easily unfortunately but it does make a nice model to place (carefully) onto a child's cupboard or shelves.

Alternatively you can bin the bike and just play with the doll but somehow I don't think that's the point. Better to save your cash I think!

Kärcher K7.91MDB+ T300 Pressure Washer (discontinued by manufacturer)
Kärcher K7.91MDB+ T300 Pressure Washer (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 15 Aug. 2009
Purchased this for domestic tasks but wanted something a little extra special - this is definitely it. The included T-300 is a bonus and the accessories are neat. It cost me £400.00 to get my conservatory jet-washed and cleaned. Purchased this and I can do it myself along with the patio and car as many times as I want. Don't hesitate--buy the best!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2010 10:27 AM GMT

Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Silver)
Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype...., 2 Aug. 2009
This is a great product. Wanted to replace my USB corded mouse as I'd managed to mangle the wire through excessive use and excessive looping of the wire around the mouse (bad habit I know). The USB receiver plugs in discreetly as noted and the mouse is good to go straight away. Software can be downloaded, desktop extension USB cord is included, the mouse fits snugly in my over-sized Big Bird palm, it's a joy to use and it looks sleek. Best of all, it has a standby button the back so you can turn off the mouse when it's not in use. A brilliant brilliant product. By the way I wouldn't personally pay more to have it in black, this is sleek enough and a steal at the price.

Sekonic Flash Master L-358 Digital Light/Flash Meter
Sekonic Flash Master L-358 Digital Light/Flash Meter

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 1 Aug. 2009
Fantastic tool. Essential if you do studio work or portraits. My in-camera meter is good but the light meter is better. I own a D700 and have found that mixing flash with ambient lighting, especially outdoors, messes up my exposure, or at least I have to "experiment" a bit before I get good results. I would get this over the 308. It meters for flash and has the dual ISO buttons which means you can take a reading and get a reading for indoors (ISO 800 for example) and outdoors (ISO 200 for example) from a flick of the button. Illuminated screen and twisty head are ace. The little leather pouch it comes in is fab. I'm very surprised not to see more 5-star reviews. Great bit of kit. Highly recommended. If you're old school, you won't have any doubts. If, like me, you're from the DSLR revolution you may need some convincing. Trust me, buy this meter, do some tests and you'll know exactly what I mean. The light meter rules.

Nikon Af-S 70-200/2.8 Vr Ifed G Nikkor
Nikon Af-S 70-200/2.8 Vr Ifed G Nikkor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lens - yes even on FX!, 26 July 2009
I've had this lens since last Autumn, purchased specifically for wedding photography. Sorry to be boring in description but it really is one of the holy three for me (along with the 24-70 and 14-24 lenses). It's absolutely unreal, a beautiful, beautiful lens and well worth the hefty asking price. I've read about a few issues some photographers have been having with soft corners and vignetting on full-frame cameras. This seems to affect shooting wide open for landscapes the most (or at least that's where the majority of criticism comes from) Personally I would never shoot landscapes at f2.8 and I'd prefer to use one of the aforementioned lenses instead. Even in the instances where vignetting occurs, I can crop or - in some instances - leave the vignetting in, I'd only add one later in post-production! For super-shooters who demand edge-to-edge sharpness, regardless, maybe it's worth hanging on for the rumoured upgrade to this lens but to be honest with you, I wouldn't bother. For the majority of shooters 70-200 on either DX or FX is simply sublime.

Spudz SPBK20 10x10 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black
Spudz SPBK20 10x10 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 22 July 2009
If you are a photographer - buy this cloth. It's micro-fibre, it's nifty, it's cool, it's a god send. Awesome product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 July 2009
I was having problems with my laptop and heat (Dell Inspiron 6000), I started putting my laptop atop a lever arch file (seriously) to help with the problem but decided I wanted a "proper" solution and boy is this it. The ergonomics are fantastic, this is far beyond just a "piece of plastic" - turn your laptop into a desktop (especially handy if you have an external monitor). Brilliant product.

Spudz SPBK01 6x6 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black
Spudz SPBK01 6x6 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 22 July 2009
I have the small version and the big version, they are well worth getting. Micro-fibre cloths are expensive and this is worth every penny!

TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit UK & ROI
TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit UK & ROI

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good TomTom but bear a few things in mind....., 22 July 2009
I purchased the TomTom GO 500 for about £470.00 back in 2005 so comparatively this is a bargain. It does the job, beautiful screen, a great help feature that tells you exactly where you are (if you flap like I do, it's nice to be able to tell someone where you are if you need help - by phone, AA, etc.) The charge socket is a little annoying as it's tucked away in the centre of the unit but this is no deal breaker simply take your time and don't jam it in (universal advice if ever there was such a thing). The "sucker" is a lot better than the one provided with the G0 500 but be warned, you'll need to "break it in" first by moving it about (....I swear I'm talking about the TomTom model here.....I didn't realise how loaded this review would be -- apologies!). So would I recommend it? Definitely. There are cheaper alternatives out there but TomTom's the original sat nav and it's still the best. Go get it.

Dig out Your Soul
Dig out Your Soul
Offered by simply-well-priced

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest review, 20 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Dig out Your Soul (Audio CD)
Ok, had a listen to the full album yesterday. And I've listened to it several times. I'm a huge Oasis fan and for me the three 5-star classic albums are Definitely Maybe, What's the Story? Morning Glory and The Masterplan. Don't Believe the Truth and now Dig Out Your Soul are great companion pieces and are good solid records. I have a feeling this is going to be a hit with the critics and the public alike. Not quite 1995-hysteria, top-of-the-world, but just great rock n roll. What more could you want?

Bag it Up - wild, almost carnival-style, the chorus sounds like Liam at a freakshow. Definitely a different kind of Oasis.

The Turning - the classic of the album, starts off slow, almost like Ian Brown, then the guitars come in and the track takes off, ends up with some sound effects from the city and goes back to a mellow fade-out. Groovy.

Waiting for the Rapture - Noel leads a marching band, strong, pounding, and definitely not a Brit Pop sing-along anthem.

The Shock of the Lightning - you've heard the single, I love the album version with the turntable-style opening/closing, as if it's a song you're not supposed to hear. Love the "magical mystery" lyric and the drum solo is class.

I'm Outta Time - nice sweet song, the second single, is this really Liam Gallagher writing and singing?

Get Off your High Horse Lady - Noel sings a distorted B-side (in my opinion). Sounds a bit like Neil Young, handclap beat, some beautiful piano but I think this should have been left out. Maybe it's a grower.

Falling Down - again, you've probably heard it, begins with a teasing sound, the beat kicks in and Noel rules the roost. Fanatastic song.

To Be Where There's Life - groooooovy song. No guitar, very brave, great bass line...I think this sounds even better live (with the guitars ;)

Ain't Got Nothing - another B-side in my opinion, though Liam is catchy and it's a nice "rant" song (Meaning of Soul from Don't Believe the Truth is better tho)

The Nature of Reality - embedding the funk and groove even more, Andy Bell's effort is good but not great. Again maybe it's a grower.

Solider On - has a beat like Travis' Sing, a bit repetitive but a nice low-key closer (no Champgne Supernova here I'm afraid).

So all in all, a good album that I will definitely be buying. It isn't going to change the world but it shows that the best band in the world (to me) is capable of creating a sonically diverse album which won't appease the Oasis-haters (tho, ironically enough, you'll notice they're the first ones on the dance floor/tapping to the beat when they hear an Oasis tune!)--BUT it will please the fans, the critics and will sell a good few albums.

Go buy it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2010 3:57 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2