Profile for Chuckles > Reviews

Content by Chuckles

Chuckles "Convert to common sense" (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Is It Just Me? Free First Chapter
Is It Just Me? Free First Chapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Miranda it probably is you.., 30 May 2014
I don't find this funny, at all, in no way shape or form, at all, completely without humour, not funny. I don't intend to read anything Miranda like ever again, or anything TV wise with Miranda in....ever, ever..ever. Never ever. Never. Ever. At least it was free - a bonus.

Uniross Performance 4 X AA 2600 Series  Rechargeable Batteries
Uniross Performance 4 X AA 2600 Series Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and keep the charge well, 30 May 2014
Does the job so well that some thieving git decided they wanted to relieve me of them. Charge quickly and work well - have no idea about their life span after repeated charging as some arse-wipe nicked them replacing mine with some cheap crap Poundland ones. To the thief - may Satan send fiery poo's to your arse daily. To everyone else - buy these batteries they are very good.

Wahl 5545-427 3-in-1 Nose Ear and Eyebrow Hair Battery Trimmer
Wahl 5545-427 3-in-1 Nose Ear and Eyebrow Hair Battery Trimmer
Price: 8.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider me trimmed, 30 May 2014
I have used this to trim my various hairs - it does this job adequately. It does have the minor side effect of ripping out nose hair from the root if you pull too hard, so let the machine do the work for you.
Having your hair pulled out by this is agonisingly painful and will result in streaming tearful eyes - I shudder just reliving it.

**Update - Don't know how this machine sucks all life from batteries between uses - tip - remove batteries between use **.

Karrimor Band Earphones
Karrimor Band Earphones
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, badly made junk made by Satans hoards, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Band Earphones (Misc.)
As you can probably tell I was not impressed by these AT ALL. Sound quality like I was listening through a very long drain pipe - a strange unnatural tinny echo. The right hand earphone gave up the ghost within 300 metres of my front door so I am not particularly happy with them. In fact I was so angry I threw them into someones plastics recycling bin without missing a step and completed the 4 1/2 music-less. Running with no music/sound was better than running with these.

Please save your hard-earned money, I thought how bad could these be. Well, you absolutely DO get what you pay for - these are the poor-ist quality pound shop junk I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. I know I could have returned them but I was not wasting one more second of my life on the crud.

BUY SOMETHING ELSE, as you will be doing eventually. I know have some Philips ear hook ones which are lovely - and are only 6.

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters
Price: 7.27

2.0 out of 5 stars I make good use of these type of books, not this one though.., 18 May 2014
I wanted to like this book, I tried really hard to like it and to test out the theories. I think the theories are sound in principle and some were enlightening. The cartoons were frankly crap and just made me think they could have been much better illustrated. To sum, I couldn't give two turds how the book summed itself because it had lost me a long way before the end. It is being put to much better use now making level my wobbly bedside table level. It does a much better job of table-levelling than being a readable book.

PS I don't usually abandon books before the end, but I didnt have the Olympian type of staying power that finishing it would take. I cant say that I hated it (1 star) as I didnt get to the end proper. It gets a heady 'i dont like it' because some of the insights were illuminating, unlike the repetitive remainder of the book.

Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 18 May 2014
Great item, only trouble is I only bought one so my kids argue who can use it. Use it to charge all my USB items without a single issue.

TIP: I dont know if this is right or not, but I was recommended to use one of these rather than a computer USB as it seems to charge completely and more 'accurately'. I put this to the test with my garmin gps watch and went running exactly the same route. When I got back the watch displayed only 2 bars remaining on the computer charged run and had full bars on the Masterplug charged one. Hardly a technical test but my phone also lasts longer when used with the mains charger through the Masterplug item. Suppose it does make sense when the item being charged has sole access to the electric current rather than competing with the computers power usage. See what you think?

Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Silver
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Silver
Price: 79.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-bloody-tastic, 18 May 2014
This watch has taken me from being a couch potato to a regular half marathon runner. Sometimes does fog up despite Garmins accusations I am seeing things. But as a GPS watch the information is invaluable. I could not run without this gizmo - that is no understatement. Would easily buy again, or would actually see what the bigger models had to offer.

Micropore Surgical Tape 50mm x 5m
Micropore Surgical Tape 50mm x 5m
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies
Price: 2.81

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL RUNNERS, THIS PRODUCT IS A GOD SEND, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 50mm x 5m
I am male and before this product suffered massively with chafing of the nipples. To say I suffered would be an understatement - on a recent half marathon I wondered why people were glancing at my Acorns charity running vest. Why I wondered, especially as I had put on the last resort plasters after all of "the usual" runners remedies drew a blank for me. I did have some discomfort in the nipple area, until I got to the end I discovered that the waterproof plasters had gone south - one was stuck to my belly button and the other was nowhere to be seen. But there were blood stains down my top and streaks all the way into my underwear - it had bled that much. But now - I have done several runs using a small slither of tape on each nipple - I have not had one second of problems since. I would advise, however, to run water on the tape or soak it off in the bath. I just went for the rip and grimace method and had to check if my nipples were on my body or stuck to the tape - I really wasn't sure!! In conclusion a fabulous product (wherever it is bought from) that has stopped a horrendous problem from happening.

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray
Price: 5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
I live in a very well insulated house and have never suffered with condensation so badly. You could swim on my window sills of a morning. I used this spray in all Windows as the vile black spongy mould was rampant and making my breathing funny. Sprayed and left for 40 mins, a little longer than suggested and rinsed off with soapy water. The mould rolled off the Windows and has not returned in the three weeks since applied. Usually in seven days with bleach the mould is back. So far so good. The smell wasn't that bad and just needs airing sufficiently. WARNING: when spraying the frames of the Windows don't be a pillock like me and spray it when there is a light wind outside. You get huge blowback from the outside draft. It honestly felt like someone had set fire to my eyes for about five seconds. After the three pints of tears flowed from my sore eyes they felt fine. Oh yes, I also managed to bleach a section of my left eyebrow white, which is noticeable but I now have very clean Windows and sills!

The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
by Karl Pilkington
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant like the others, 16 Jan 2014
I like Karl Pilkington, I haven't see the show that goes with this book and I don't feel like I have missed much. It could have probably been a third of the size and would still be a little short of content. Don't get me wrong I find him very funny, but not in this. It felt laboured and buffed out with irrelevant text and pictures (including the Karls facts). I was quite relieved to get to the end, which by the way just stops dead, no conclusions, nothing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6