Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Tangled Lives
Tangled Lives

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting and thought provoking read., 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tangled Lives (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the narrative. Possibly there were a few sections that were a little far-fetched but not so much as to make you stop reading. Most of it could really happen and is worth thinking about.

The Total Clutter Makeover: The Definitive Guide to Decluttering and Organizing Your Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Brisk, to the point and written with good humour., 15 Feb 2014
Good to get you motivated, but could be a little more detailed. I think a person would need to make themselves a chart of tasks a rewards to use along with the book.

How to Organize Your Life to Maximize Your Day: Effective Time Management Tips and Ideas to Simplify Your Life

4.0 out of 5 stars This is fun to read and not anything like as annoying as one might suspect. I am trying to do what it says., 29 Jan 2014
I think this helps as it does discuss aspects of the lives real people live and does tackle how time is wasted and what to do to improve things. There are quite a few good tips in the book.

Hostey® Acer Iconia B1-A71 7-Inch Slim-BOOK PU Leather Stand Cover Case +Free Screen Protector+ Stylus Pen (BLUE)
Offered by DayzHappy

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy using this, it is a much better way to store the Acre Iconia than a bubble wrap bag., 29 Jan 2014
I got this just after Christmas when I felt like treating myself. It arrived really promptly and is great to use. It has a sort of swiping pen with it and a plastic screen protector which works really well.

The only thing is, I am not convinced that it is leather as it doesn't smell like leather and doesn't have a leather logo, but for the price I paid (about £7.00) it doesn't matter, on the whole it is great.

Christmas at the Beach Cafe: A Novella
Christmas at the Beach Cafe: A Novella

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick story to cheer you up in the winter., 20 Jan 2014
I found it quite heartwarming and interesting to me because it takes place in Cornwall which I know quite well.

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting., 12 Dec 2013
I thought it gave the reader a good insight into what being a GP was like. There were also interesting observations about the the NHS.

The Brothers Karamazov
The Brothers Karamazov

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well worth reading. written in a relaxed, easy style., 21 Nov 2013
I really liked the characters and the insight it gives of what it was like to live in Russia in that era (about the 1870s). The story is long and complicated and there are sections on religion and spirituality which a modern author would make much shorter. This is the second Dostoevsky I have read and I am beginning to think about learning a bit of Russian.

Confessions of a Male Nurse (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Male Nurse (The Confessions Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, humane and humourous. This is a very readable book but shouldn't be read at mealtimes>, 21 Oct 2013
I liked the book, I liked the style and the what came over of the personality of the author.
There are some worry passages about how bad hospitals can be if they are badly run and consequently short staffed or vice versa. But it did not sound as though this was the norm and the overall narrative was quite heartening.

Crime and Punishment
Crime and Punishment

4.0 out of 5 stars A long haul but well worth reading., 7 Oct 2013
This is another classic novel that I enjoyed very much. I would never have read in book form but it seemed do-able on the e-reader.
I found the names of the characters muddling and think that if I had learned even elementary Russian I would understand something more about the names and places.

The story is very detailed Dostoevskisy does not shrink at all from "telling it like it is", except he doesn't give any detail about people's sex lives. The psychology is quite apparent and is partly what makes the story so long.

If you had been putting off reading some of the classics - give this one a go. It was a good £00.38p's worth, and would keep you going through several train journeys..........

Gulliver's Travels
Gulliver's Travels

3.0 out of 5 stars Very famous book and it's good to have read it but..........., 20 Sep 2013
I enjoyed the more famous chapters about the hero being the prisoner and later the guest of miniature people, and then later being the pet and exhibit of giants. I also enjoyed the sections where he lands up at a country where horses are in charge and yahoos (uncivilized and savage humans) provide the power and transport.
However, I was conscious of not knowing enough about late Stuart politics and philosophy to understand a lot of the satire.

Page: 1 | 2