Profile for James Davidson > Reviews

James Davidson

Share This: The Social Media Handbook for PR Professionals
Share This: The Social Media Handbook for PR Professionals
Price: 11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - puts you on the right path to understanding social media, 2 Oct 2012
I bought this book after listening to Mark and co talking at the Social Media Week Conference. Having devoured the first 100 pages before bed I found the book extremely useful.

It gives a real insight into social media and, unlike many others, actually creates a framework for measurement - most books seem to skirt away from measurement but Share This tackles it head on.

Each chapter gives you information you can take away and use - the tips and tools the book recommend are accessible and mainly free.

I think the best three things about the book are:
* after reading a chapter you can seen a clear way to implement it into your own business (having cursed yourself for not thinking of it earlier)
* the links included at the end of each chapter help you get started straight away
* each author is linked to after their chapter and actually respond to any questions you have - I asked @wadds and @simonsanders questions after reading their chapters and they came back to me.

How many other books help you and let you get in touch with the authors?

The book and authors impressed me, so I asked them to recommend me some others to read - which I've bought.