Profile for G. Moore > Reviews

Content by G. Moore

G. Moore "Hillbilly" (west yorkshire england)

God And Guns
God And Guns
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 17.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Album from a Top Band, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: God And Guns (Audio CD)
Being a Skynyrd fan for more years than I care to remember and being aware of all that has happened to the band I wasnt sure what to expect when I bought this album. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed.
Sure this is different to the old Skynyrd, more country influences maybe, but they have made a damned good album here. It's hard to say which tracks stand out because the album stands out as a whole thing if you know what I mean! Being a guitar player myself I like to think I have an open mind and my musical tastes are varied (see my other reviews) and this album is full of good, tasteful guitar playing and great vocals too. What really warms my heart is the fact that Lynyrd Skynyrd have always come across as believing every word they sing about. A rarity these days. A great addition to my collection and I,m looking forward to seeing them live in March 2010!
Highly Recommended.

The Sound Of Madness
The Sound Of Madness
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Far From Madness, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Sound Of Madness (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Shinedown to be honest untill they played "Second Chance" on the radio. I was very impressed by the vocals and the quality of the song construction and production. It's probably true to say that there's nothing "new" in terms of rock genre (if you must call it that) on this album, but you can't get away from the fact that it is incredibly well done! If you are a fan of Rock ballards then there are some beauties on here. Apart from the aforementioned "Second Chance" the track "Breaking Inside" is superb. Don't be fooled though these guys can rock too. The opening track "Devour" is just one of many hot tracks. To sum up this is a valued addition to my music collection. My tastes are varied but I recognise quality when I hear it.
Highly Recommended!

Suicide Silence - no time to bleed
Suicide Silence - no time to bleed
Price: 8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin Blues, 10 Aug 2009
What can you say about Joe?
If you havent heard any of his music where have you been?
Joes roots are firmly entrenched in the blues but he's not afraid to mix it up a bit.His many rock and country influences add great flavour to his playing and man can this guy play! Blues purists may turn their noses up but if you have an open mind this guy is the real deal and a nice guy he is too! Highly recommended.

Folklore and Superstition [Special Edition]
Folklore and Superstition [Special Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars good rock album, 10 Aug 2009
Bought this cd after hearing the "Blind Man" single.
Glad i did, this album is one of my favourites of all time. Being a guitar player myself I found it very inspirational and it gave me a great kick in the butt. If you like tuned down rock music with very strong choruses then give these guys a listen!