Profile for Megababe > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great game that spans ages, 8 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Super super game. My 7 year old loves this, it can easily be popped in her bag for a school outing or something as it's light and small to carry around and she's quickly the most popular girl as everyone wants to play and as many as you want can join in. My 4 year old can also play but it's a little tricky for her. My 7
year old can beat her daddy which she loves! Great gift for others if you're looking for something different as the tin makes a lovely gift.

Karcher WV2 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WV2 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean glass heaven!, 8 Dec. 2015
Don't hesitate ladies.... Put this black and yellow beauty on your birthday / Christmas list, it's worth every penny. Showers, glass and mirrors can be cleaned in moments... Basically you're giving yourself the gift of time as you'll have spare time now to relax, drink coffee and eat biscuits instead of spending hours wiping smears! It's a no brainer!

House Of Paws Plush Pheasant, Large
House Of Paws Plush Pheasant, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Popular toy but not very robust, 8 Dec. 2015
My cockapoo puppy was watching me wrap Christmas presents and saw his present in the pile. He stole it immediately, love at first sight. I would say it is by far his favourite toy, he adores it. It's squeak lasted about ten minutes of afraid but the actual toy is still intact hence the four stars but as previous reviewers have said if your dog is a big chewer this possibly isn't the toy for you. Also he does look ridiculously cute carrying it about!

Scooby-Doo Amazing Chase Family Board Game
Scooby-Doo Amazing Chase Family Board Game
Offered by windsor goods

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little ones, 8 Dec. 2015
We have a 7 and 4 year old and we love playing games together but it's tough finding a game they can both play. This game fits the bill perfectly and both our girls love it. I've only given it four stars because the app feature is a bit of a gimic and doesn't work well. It's also a little mundane for adults but that's why my youngest can play and enjoy it. Definitely give it a go!

Grobys chew hooves of the Beef 30 Pieces Cattle hooves in the bag
Grobys chew hooves of the Beef 30 Pieces Cattle hooves in the bag
Offered by DasHeimtierCenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect dog chew, 8 Dec. 2015
Lasts forever and our cockapoo puppy and four year old labrador both love them. They are tough and only have a slight smell so perfect for early morning chewing to keep them quiet. Bag lasts a very long time as a hoof takes a while to get through. I will certainly be buying again.

Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Dogs, 750 ml
Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Dogs, 750 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for puppy!, 23 July 2015
Absolutely fantastic stuff, it has clear away all puppy messes around the house. We have no smells... Brilliant stuff, I've just ordered the big refill pack.

Easipet Fabric Carrier Large, 70 x 52 x 52 cm, Red
Easipet Fabric Carrier Large, 70 x 52 x 52 cm, Red
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product but possibly not for a big strong jawed puppy, 23 July 2015
I bought this for our cockapoo puppy, we got the large size. My idea was that I don't like metal cages (I think they are ugly) and I wanted something super portable for moving around the house and going on holiday. I absolutely love it. For the first night it was perfect as I opened the top and had it by my bed. For the first week we have moved it up and down to be in either bedroom or kitchen. Puppy is very happy in it and with an extra piece of vetbed it's snuggly and warm for him. I would highly recommend this as a crate but possibly only for a non chewy dog. It is after all material. I suspect a labrador or something would chew this up in a minute. So I guess if you have a chewy dog and want a portable crate start with a metal one until he is used to it and then switch to this for when he is older, I can see us using ours for a long See. .. .

Royal Canin Dog Food Medium Junior 15kg
Royal Canin Dog Food Medium Junior 15kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Better products out there.. ., 23 July 2015
We bought this food as our breeder recommended it and as a first time puppy owner I didn't know any better. So I bought 15kgs as it's a great price on Amazon... What a mistake. Our puppy refuses to eat the stuff and it smells really bad (and names the puppy smell bad). The only way I can get him to eat it is by soaking it and mixing it with meat or fish or something. I have since done some research and this food has very high fat and grain content and very low meat. I will be donating the food to a dogs home and buying a better product elsewhere...

Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as everyone says, 23 July 2015
I really enjoyed reading the reviews for this plunger, it isn't often that you laugh out loud when reading Amazon reviews! I'm afraid I don't possess the wit of others but I will support them by saying yes it does look like a strange sex toy and yes it is absolutely brilliant at unblocking drains.

Kärcher 15123520 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner With Continuous Steam Function SC2.500C

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good choice, 10 April 2015
I have just used my Karcher steam cleaner for the first time and thought i would share my experience with you all.

Years ago i had a upright 'mop type' steam cleaner that i loved and thought was brillient for cleaning the floors so i thought i would look into getting another one.

Steam clearners have come a long way since i last bought one and there seem to be millions of different options. I thought i would share why i chose this particular one.
Firstly the big question is upright or pull along.
My view on this is simple. If you are looking for something to soley mop your floors then an upright one is absolutely perfect. they heat up almost instantly, are light weight and brilliant at hygenically cleaning your floors.
If you are wanting to use the cleaner to do anything else then i would go for a pull along.
the reason i say this is that although upright ones often have the function to unclip the steam bit and attach various hoses etc to but you are always stuck holding the bit in your hand. there are versions that have a shoulder strap... but seriously... imagine trying to clean the bath, you've got a cloth in one hand, the steaming nozzle in the other and your trying to lean over the bath and keep the heavy steaming contraption hanging from your shoulder from not banging into the side of the bath.... humm.... doesn't work for me... (this is just my opionion i hasten to add).
THe thing is that when you use steam to clean you need both hands cos to get the perfect streak free finish you steam with one hand and wipe with the other....

so i moved onto researching the pull along ones... the vax is a good option if you want to be able to add detergent to the mix. personally i am happy with steam but lots of people like the smell and reassurance of chemicals - if this is you then i'd go for a vax. i chose not to as many of the reviews said that they thought the build was a bit flimsy... that wasn't for me.

so i ended up at karcher. i was going to get the s2 but then the idea of continuous steam appealed to me and i found this one second hand on amazon for a good price (and under the amazon guarantee - so i went for it).

finally i get to actually reviewing the product!! sorry its taken a bit to get here.
well its great. easy to put together - basic instructions with pictures, but there really isn't anything to it. fill up with water and switch on. the build quality is fabulous, every pole clicks satisfyingly into place and i have no concerns about flimsyness. the absolute best bit is that you can carry all the bits around with you - it doesn't unbalance so you can easily move quickly and simply around the room with everytihgin on board with you and pack up to go to another room with minimal fuss.
i bounght extra pads straight away as all the reviews said you needed them and it is certainly true. but thats fine - i'm happy to change cloths whilst cleaning you would with any cleaning product.
initally in my kitchen i used one to clean the hob and oven and that was disgusting after so i moved on and used another to clean the less greasy surfaces. up to the bathroom and i used another cloth - so three in total for the day... not too bad.
i used just one floor cloth but my floors are pretty clean.
wetness.... yes - it makes things wet. i cannot understand the reivews that complain about this. if you mopped the floor it would be wet - how are they expecting to clean something and it to remain dry????? don't understand. so yes, like you would with any cleaning process you do the floors last, move on and come back in 20 mins when they are dry...
the cleaning process i found that worked the best is steam and then wipe... so i went around everywhere with a bunch of microfibre cloths. steam in one hand, cloth in the other - steam and wipe steam and wipe - brilliant! i cleaned everything like this.
oh except the loo - i used the nozzle brush thing for that - great job - i just left it to air dry and its all shiny and sparkly now too. i also gave the toilet brush a good old blast with the steam - genius!!!
my shower window isn't perfect - i think i'll experiment again using some vinegar to get a more streak free look (or maybe buy the window attachment...)
the continuous steam feature is excellent. i would say that it is worth the extra money, but if you are on a budget i don't think it would be a problem to just have 30 or 40 mintues of steam which is what is advertised.
the only thing i would check is if the lower models still have the really efficient way of attaching all the nozzles to the machine as this is quite brilliant. i love it so much as its really easy to switch between attachments - some machines the bits are hidden inside and this wouldn't be half as good...
my ONLY negative is the length of the lead. 4 metres for me is too short - i live in quite a big old house and it is annoying. the length of the hose does make up for it some ways, but i would have prefered a longer cable. not a reason to send it back or lose a star, but it just would have been nice...
I hope this has been helpful and that you enjoy your Karcher as much as i love mine!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4