Profile for JH > Reviews

Content by JH

JH

Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Total Black)
Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Total Black)
Price: 164.00

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 22 Jun 2014
Amazing car seat! Quite literally cannot fault it. Used for my first from 8months to 2.5yrs now using for our second. Toddler could have used for longer if baby didnt need it. Swivel seat is a LIFESAVER/BACKSAVER why dont all car seats do this?

Easy to swivel easy to tilt when they fall asleep easy to clip in/out.

Thank you Maxi Cosi!

Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
by Laura Markham

4.0 out of 5 stars left feeling very confused, 30 April 2014
I also agree the philosophy is great. Why yelling, hitting, time outs etc. worsen things. But... If you already feel you have a great connection with your child then most of the answers being to strengthen your connection leaves you feeling a bit disheartened. My son has hit 2 and all of a sudden hits me, well punches me when I say no. If he can't punch he will headbut. Apart from these episodes he is a very loving and sensitive boy. Helooks straight at me when trying to punch hit etc. And according to this book that's a sign we need to strengthen our connection. To be so overwhelmed with the emotions of what my son is suddenly doing and then be told I need to connect with him more has made the situation more upsetting. I now have a whole load more guilt and generally a lot of self blame. We connect all the time I seriously don't think there is much more I could give him. So to hear that also makes you feel there isn't much else you can do. Seriously then... what do I do!! I'm left feeling guilty at the in depth detail of what is going on inside my son's head and how badly he is hurting but no better off on the hitting front. He is incredibly strong willed and i just don't think this book quite cuts it for children like mine.

So I'm left feeling feeling quite confused about the whole situation. My search for some good help and advice for my toddlers hitting continues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2014 4:18 PM BST

Dark Cognac Colour Amber Anklet Bean Shaped Beads
Dark Cognac Colour Amber Anklet Bean Shaped Beads
Offered by Nickolas Jewellery
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!, 4 July 2012
I finally have my happy smiley baby back! At 8 weeks my baby boy started dribbling profusely until by 12weeks he would just scream in pain (the red face heartbreaking cry/scream!). He would chew my hand, chew his hand, we tried chewing toys, calpol and powders but nothing helped. He couldn't sleep and where feeding used to always calm him, it did nothing I would just be up all night while he cried from the pain.
So we tried everything, I didn't know what to do and was completely worn out... Then heard about baltic amber. As he was only 3.5months I didn't like idea of necklace for him so tried this anklet. After a couple of days we noticed the lack of screaming and the return of his gorgeous smiles and giggles!.... And peaceful (except for hunger) nights! I'm so glad we tried this, in just a few weeks its helped massively. He still gets occassional upsets that powder usually helps and likes to chew and dribble but the constant pain isn't here.
The description says suitable from 3years but I took the risk and although its a little loose it stays on inside grows and under socks. He's 4 months now and reckon it wil stay on fine by 5months. I check its there all the time! A small price to pay!
Thank you again!!!

Joseph Joseph Nest 8 Food Preparation Bowl Set, Multi-Colour
Joseph Joseph Nest 8 Food Preparation Bowl Set, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set, 19 May 2011
I requested this for christmas having previously been given a set of three (two bowls and a lemon juicer)and fallen in love with Joseph Joseph.

Obviously it's not all the mixing bowls you're ever going to need but it's a great start! They're easy to use- the non slip grip underneath is great, easy to clean, measurements inside bowls, fits together neatly, simple but look great.

I'll be buying Joseph Joseph again!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read Yet!, 18 Oct 2010
Reading the first, say 100 pages of this book was a bit hard. Sometimes the depth into past events was confusing and at one point I was overwhelmed with emotion to the point where I didnt know if I should carry on reading. But as soon as it starts getting seriously interesting all of a sudden you feel it literally hit you and thats it, gripped. You cannot put it down. The plot is great and you are so involved in the characters you just HAVE to find out what happens. Towards the end you realise why the past events were so important at the beginning!

For a book that at first I wasnt sure of, I would never have thought it would take lead as my favourite book to date. Although having just started on the second of the trilogy it may not keep top place for long!

Sony Bravia KDL32S5500U 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview
Sony Bravia KDL32S5500U 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV!- Read on- encountered problems, 13 Nov 2009
I bought this TV just over a month ago and I am still very happy with it!

One of the main things I was looking for was a TV that had a black surround that wasn't like all the others that are around at the moment. All the others I saw had a shiny plastic surround so when watching, light reflects off of it and you can even see your reflection, which really distracts from the film!!! So when I found the Sony bravia, I was over the moon. It only has a tiny bit of shiny plastic right at the edge.

The picture quality is amazing as is the sound, the only downside is the remote. Quite slow at changing channels and I can't use the Guide function as it goes to the channel when you just want to read the information. So we just buy a TV Guide (which we prefer anyway!), the main thing about a TV is how it performs when your watching it and you certainly cant fault this TV! Would definitely recommend.

Having written this review and fallen in love with the TV, I'm sad to say it went wrong! Although it used to be slow at changing channel and going to the guide, when I pressed channel 1 it would freeze, if i pressed again it would just turn off. It did this when I pressed 1 and Guide and became more and more frequent. I have now changed to a Sony Bravia EX503 which we have now had for a year and so far seems excellent. Cant fault Sonys service.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2011 2:20 PM GMT