Profile for S&S > Reviews

I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rose Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny!, 29 Jun 2013
So many negative reviews. I guess it is a little smutty, but I found it to be hilarious. Definitely adding this to my collection. Some very good lines and a stellar ensemble cast.

Love...Under Different Skies: Book 3 in the Love...Series
Love...Under Different Skies: Book 3 in the Love...Series

2.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to like this......., 8 Jun 2013
I really liked the first 2 in the series. However this third one is an awful addition to the series.
The first 2 were witty, cynical and observational about how people are, and how you may react to situations, deep down, even if you may not say it.

Sadly this third instalment is like a really bad farce. The dialog and situations are stupid, everyone is a huge caricature including the main characters who you used to be able to relate to.

If you are a fan of the first 2 books (which are hilarious), stop there. Reading this one will ruin the memory.....

Carnage [DVD]
Carnage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jodie Foster
Offered by filmrollen

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Carnage [DVD] (DVD)
A film that will grab your attention and make you wish it lasted longer. How many times have you said that about a movie you watched?

Be sceptical; I don't disagree with the reviews here. It is all set in one room, it is somewhat claustrophobic. But a great screenplay and fine acting make this a movie to watch. I am glad I did.

The Complete Forsyte Saga [DVD]
The Complete Forsyte Saga [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Carlise

4.0 out of 5 stars Great saga, 24 Mar 2012
Great acting and riveting story. Series 1 has a better pace than series 2, but all good. Damian Lewis is a star and despite everything, you feel for him.
Minus one star as there are audio synching problems throughout series 1. However, a great period drama.

Premier Housewares Salad Dressing Mixer
Premier Housewares Salad Dressing Mixer

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money - terrible quality, 9 Sep 2011
Dropped the lid from a height of less than 30cm and the white turning knob broke off. Not good quality. You get what you pay for....

Magimix Brushed Stainless Steel Jug Kettle with Charcoal Handle, 1.8L
Magimix Brushed Stainless Steel Jug Kettle with Charcoal Handle, 1.8L

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty design, 8 Jun 2011
Lid design is bad, so ended up returning this.

After the 3rd boil (they instruct you to boil and discard the first three loads) the lid wouldn't close!
Didn't even make ONE cuppa before packaging it back up and sending it back.

Poor design/manufacture.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product + great value for money, 14 July 2010
Given how new the iPad is, and that apple themselves created such a poor case at a higher price, I have to say the design of this case has been well thought out and is very affordable. It will protect your iPad and is easy to use while travelling. I am sure others will follow and you may want to replace it with a swankier one, but in the meantime, this is the best bet.

Darren Hayes-Time Machine Tour [DVD]
Darren Hayes-Time Machine Tour [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT show yields an OK DVD, 4 July 2008
I was fortunate enough to see this show in London and it was stunning. However I have watched the DVD (I bought the Fan-club Deluxe special edition released July 1st) and though it is good, I was unhappy about a few aspects.

One: There were no special features. Odd for one of his releases.

Two: This is the last night of the tour and Darren does not sing as great as he normally does in my opinion. His voice sounds strained in parts; his vocals are not as agile as early on in the tour so not sure why this show was chosen to be filmed.

Three: There is some shaky camera work. I know, it all adds to the feel of a live show, but it is a bit annoying!

Four: "So Beautiful" is the original version, and I am SURE that early on in the tour he sang the up-tempo disco version which was much better and gave a real upbeat feel to the show. I could be wrong as I saw his SIDE TWO club tour recently, and he definitely sang the uptempo version then.

FIVE: They roll the credits why the last song is playing which is terrible as that is a great close! Everyone on stage just chilling out, and singing an acoustic number. We get to see it in a smaller screen while credits roll on the right hand side.

These are my negative points which meant I could not give in 5*. Darren is truly a great artist with a unique songwriting and vocal style. He is indie now, and I am sure he oversaw most of these points I don't like, so just my personal opinion. I agree this was his best tour yet. I just wish the DVD did it justice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3