Profile for Hecate 55 > Reviews

Unnatural Creatures
Unnatural Creatures
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Unnatural Creatures (Hardcover)
I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman and was interested to read the authors that influenced him. It was particularly gratifying to find that he and I share a love for the same authors, like Peter S Beagle.

The book itself is attractively presented and arrived well packaged and on time.

But while packaging past stories by other authors and putting a very popular name on the front may help the readership find new writers they haven't considered before, it's still, to my mind, lazy publishing. The publishing world needs to find and promote new names - we can't and shouldn't go on living in the past!

Beastly Things: (Brunetti 21)
Beastly Things: (Brunetti 21)
by Donna Leon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect, 9 Feb 2014
I love the text. Donna Leon is an excellent author and the Brunetti series is engrossing. But the seller listed this book as in 'very good' condition, and as a volunteer at an Oxfam bookshop, I can say with authority that it isn't. The cover is badly creased and coffee-stained and the whole book is deformed and curved. If it came into our shop, it would have been sent for pulping.
Also, while these books do stand alone, it would be helpful if the Amazon site gave clear indication of which books come where in the series. I read Beastly Things on the recommendation of a friend, and while it's clear that it comes fairly late in the sequence, I'm struggling to work out which books come first so that I can backtrack and find out more about the fascinating Inspector Brunetti. Help please Amazon?
That said, it didn't stop me reading and enjoying the contents. If you haven't discovered the Brunetti series and you enjoy a good murder mystery with strong character development, give it a try.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
Totally addictive and endlessly challenging, this game has amused me for hours. You can play for free if you're patient but it's more fun if you've u buy stuff and blast through levels. Give it a go - I guarantee you'll love it.

Jelly Splash
Jelly Splash

4.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jelly Splash (App)
The only game I play is Solitaire. But then I found this and I'm now hooked! It's a good way to unwind after a tough day.

Epoch Sylvanian Families Sylvanian Furniture Kitchen Set Ka-411 (japan import)
Epoch Sylvanian Families Sylvanian Furniture Kitchen Set Ka-411 (japan import)
Offered by Pass-Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 12 Jan 2014
My neice loved it, and it arrived much more quickly than I expected it would - I was able to include it in her Christmas presents despite an estimated delivery date of 6 Jan. Like all Sylvanian dolls house merchandise, it is sturdy, has lots of little extras and is well-designed. You can change the configuration of the three units to fit in with the layout of the room, which is great.

Red Supergets® Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Wallet Design Case, Screen Protector,Touch Screen Stylus And Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks good too, 12 Jan 2014
Tihis is an excellent product for the price. It arrived on time, was safely packaged, and is well made. I don't have to worry about dropping my phone any more! The only criticism I have is that in the photo it shows a full-length stylus. The one I received is much shorter, but that actually works well for me - I've attached it to the phone like the phone jewellery some people use. If you want to protect your phone but don't have much to spend, get one of these.

Joe Browns Men's Awesome Autumn Jumper Claret (39/41)
Joe Browns Men's Awesome Autumn Jumper Claret (39/41)
Offered by Joe Browns

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas present, 25 Dec 2013
My son really likes it, it arrived in good time, and the packaging did its job well. Overall I'm very pleased with it.

Sylvanian Families Victorian Living Room Set
Sylvanian Families Victorian Living Room Set
Offered by Toybroker-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really delightful, 19 Dec 2013
My neice is sure to be delighted with this set. It's got masses of tiny accessories and everything is sturdy. It arrived very promptly - only two days from order to arrival - and was packaged well. Thanks Amazon - you got it right again.

Super Lungs: The Complete Studio Recordings 1966-1969
Super Lungs: The Complete Studio Recordings 1966-1969

5.0 out of 5 stars Big fan, 14 Dec 2013
If you like Terry Reid's voice you'll find this collection interesting. Not only does it have the Micky Most produced album in its entirety, it also has a collection of Terry Reid's later work, including some jazz inspired tracks. Hate to be cliched, but it's well worth a listen.

ORAC R07 Ceiling Rose Rosette Medallion Centre quality polyurethane classic style decor white | 26 cm = 10 inch diameter
Offered by House Martin Interiors

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says ..., 14 Dec 2013
Good solid product and exactly what I needed. It arrived in good time and the packaging was secure and strong enough to protect it. Bit smaller than I imagined but not disastrously so, and it's not the supplier's fault that I still think in inches!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5