Profile for Ilona Bell > Reviews

Content by Ilona Bell

Ilona Bell (York, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Amplified Guns N Roses Foil Drum Women's Vest (XL)
Amplified Guns N Roses Foil Drum Women's Vest (XL)

4.0 out of 5 stars nice product, 4 May 2014
I love the product but I ordered it in a 16 so around the chest and stomach it fitted fine but the straps were a little long but that's easily rectified.

Love and Information (NHB Modern Plays)
Love and Information (NHB Modern Plays)
by Caryl Churchill

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, 4 May 2014
I have recently just been back stage crew for a university performance of Love and Information. The play is hard to understand as a text with short snippets of conversation seemingly starting from no where and over 100 unnamed characters. It also takes a lot of work to get it into a play with a huge amount of characterisation involved but once it's completed it looks great! You can tell the meaning of the play from the performance especially but it still makes for an interesting and thought provoking read.

The Doorman (Trackers Book 1)
The Doorman (Trackers Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starting book, 4 May 2014
I enjoyed the beginning of the book more than I did the ending. The writing style at the beginning was descriptive and the conversation-like prose was informal yet well spoken and enjoyable to read, however, as the book progressed, the story line became a little confusing and because it was a shorter story I hadn't become hugely involved with the characters to be completely interested and spend 100% of my time focusing on the ending. There are a few editorial tweaks I woud make but overall a good start on writing.

Midnight Memories
Midnight Memories

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (MP3 Download)
I'm not 1D's biggest fan but I like some of their bigger hits and this was on sale on amazon for 99p at one point so of course I couldn't resist a bargain and the other songs that I hadn't heard were actually pretty good and catchy, of course everyone reading this review are probably huge 1D fans so I don't really need to tell you about their music.

London Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
London Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 May 2014
Since moving to London for University this street atlas is great. Everything is marked clearly and when I've had days out being a tourist it has been perfect for getting me unlost!

Making Faces
Making Faces

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Making Faces (Kindle Edition)
From the blurb I thought the book would be more about the after affect of the soldiers from war but it was more of a romance than anything (maybe I should have got that hint from the ripped bloke on the front cover). It was still a good story and read but just warning if you're not looking for romance - don't pick this book!

Shadow Web
Shadow Web
by N. M. Browne

3.0 out of 5 stars Teenage book, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Shadow Web (Paperback)
I study drama and english literature at university and was recommended this book by a friend as it's been ages since I actually read a book for pleasure. I haven't actually finished it yet but that's because I'm struggling to get through it. Maybe it's because it's aimed at teenagers but I found it really patronising as things that may seem the tiniest bit complicated were explained fifty million times (ok slight exaggeration) and the story is sort of spoon fed to the reader. Once again maybe this is because of the intended audience but so far I'm struggling to get through it, however, the story line seems like an interesting concept.

Peace Hope Beaded Bookmark
Peace Hope Beaded Bookmark
by Peter Pauper Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute bookmark, 4 May 2014
I'm not really sure how you review a bookmark. It does it's job and it's pretty and colourful. Perfect for a young girl or teenage girl.

Rude/Humorous Birthday Card - Male Stripper
Rude/Humorous Birthday Card - Male Stripper
Offered by Katez Cardz and Giftz

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny product - loved it, 4 May 2014
This was sent as a 19th birthday card but i think equally it could be sent for a 60+ year old's birthday card as the other review determined. The quality was great for the price and especially great with free delivery. I ordered a couple cards from the company and received great quality in all.

Red and Purple Hearts and Flowers Adhesive Nail Stickers Art
Red and Purple Hearts and Flowers Adhesive Nail Stickers Art

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 4 May 2014
These adhesive nail stickers look really pretty and don't fall off within minutes of you applying. They look really pretty and a quick way to apply nail art without the hours of hard work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10