Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Rob Shepherd > Reviews

Content by Rob Shepherd

Rob Shepherd "wordsmith" (GRAYS, ESSEX, GB)

Page: 1 | 2
Stuck On You
Stuck On You

5.0 out of 5 stars Grossly Entertaining horror with a real bite., 22 April 2016
This review is from: Stuck On You (Kindle Edition)
A short read that had me hooked from page one. They say once bitten twice shy, but in the case of this story, once bitten I was definitely not shy, but absolutely stuck on it. Jasper Bark is a huge talent and if you've not read any of his work, then this book is an excellent way into the gorier side of his much varied genre bending world. A real treat for horror fans.

GRYNN 4-pack
GRYNN 4-pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Horror fans will grin for the Grynn, 16 Mar. 2016
This review is from: GRYNN 4-pack (Kindle Edition)
If you are a horror fan you'll enjoy this. A new monster is born in the Grynn and it has ever more inventive ways to hurt its victims. Dare you read?

Like Faces in the Rain
Like Faces in the Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping fast paced trip into the macabre., 14 Mar. 2016
Yet again Michael Schutz reminds us why we love the macabre and why I consider him a modern master of it. His dark vision is both clever and entertaining in its direct attack on our acceptance of the everyday. This short story is the perfect example of why he is so good and why we all need to read more Michael Schutz.

Letters From Nowhere®: A Hidden Object Mystery
Letters From Nowhere®: A Hidden Object Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee break time killer., 25 Feb. 2016
A bit more simplistic than other games in the stable, but that is a good thing, it is refreshing and a nice way spend a break. Enjoyable.

Viral Snow
Viral Snow

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter and the undead, what's not to like about that prospect?, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Viral Snow (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit to being late to the party when it comes to reading PM Barnes but rest assured I won't be missing any more. This story is fast paced and action packed. With a nice build up at the beginning the character development and plot progression are excellent. Barnes proves their skill as a writer here, with this short book they still ensure that you are captivated, enthralled, thrilled a and holding your breath for the next page. If you are a horror fan and a fan of apocalyptic stories then this needs to be on your MUST READ list today. After this book, I am a fully paid up member of the PM Barnes fan club.

Obsessed With The Kill
Obsessed With The Kill

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrifying ride, served up by one best authors in the business today at his terrifying best., 10 Dec. 2015
When I got my copy of this book I was, like all good books, not sure what to expect. I knew to expect horror, but how it would be presented was half the surprise. Tj Weeks is an incredibly talented author. The flow and feel of the obsession is so natural that it is difficult to know who's more obsessed, the character or ourselves, unwilling as I was to put the book down. As a result TJ has provided us with a unique and brilliant horror that deserves far more praise than it gets. Obsession is probably one of the single most terrifying traits of the human condition and nowhere is this illustrated better than in this book. If you are already a fan of Tj Weeks then you probably already have this in your collection and so this review means nothing or presents nothing new to you as you will already know how good it is. If however you are a fan and don't already own it, then what is wrong with you? Rectify this injustice already. For anyone else not familiar with TJ Weeks, I can guarantee you will find this book difficult to stop thinking about, let alone walk away from.

Consumed - Volume 1: An Extreme Horror Anthology.
Consumed - Volume 1: An Extreme Horror Anthology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kyle is what you hope a horror author should be, unafraid to put the guts into horror., 12 Aug. 2015
Kyle M Scott knows exactly how to make us squirm, hold our breath, and want to hold our lunch too. With his excellent narrative and descriptive style Kyle make the horror look us deep in the eye and goad us into seeing more if we dare. Well I dared and I am glad I have the guts because it makes it that much more rewarding when you do. If you like extreme horror, then you must already own work by Kyle M Scott. If you don't, then what's wrong with you? Correct that and buy it now.

Bloody Sexy Anthology
Bloody Sexy Anthology

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is good on the inside as the outside, 12 Aug. 2015
Camilla Voiez is an incredible writer and here she has gathered together some incredibly talented friends to make a party not too forget, this book is good on the inside as the outside. It is as its title suggests, Bloody Sexy and for some of us, that is the way we like it. Great book with great stories brilliantly penned.

The Truth About Caffeine
The Truth About Caffeine

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Aug. 2015
An interesting and informative book.

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic, Brilliant, Inspirational and a real honour., 21 July 2015
I know I am a contributing author to this anthology, but I must express both my gratitude in being asked to contribute a story to the collection and also how impressed and humbled I am by each of the fellow authors featured in this wonderful anthology, each author showed just how skillful they are at weaving amazing stories in such tight but inspiring conditions. Just to be included is an honour, but to feature alongside such talent is a real privilege. Thank you Samie Sands and to all the authors for making this book so good.

Page: 1 | 2