Profile for Stampylonghead > Reviews

Stampylonghead (UK)

The PA
The PA

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype! This is the book of the year, 17 July 2014
This review is from: The PA (Kindle Edition)
This is the book of the moment. Everyone is talking about it and I didn't want to miss out.
I'm not sure what the previous reviewer who complained about bad language thought she was buying? This isn't a children's book.
If you're an adult who lives in the real world then the language in this book won't shock you - although the behaviour of some of the characters just might!
From the very start I was gripped by the narrative and submerged into the very real world of the City of London PA.
Miss Knowles doesn't pull any punches. This is a warts and all account of what it's like to be a PA to some of London's most high powered individuals. A great read and a true story as well.
Definitely recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 7:47 PM BST

Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Minecraft - Pocket Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft - Pocket Edition (App)
I think Minecraft is a must have for all gamers and since I got the game I have been playing it forever! BUY IT NOW!!!! More importantly this game is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to Make Money: The 88 Steps to Get Rich and Find Success
How to Make Money: The 88 Steps to Get Rich and Find Success
by Felix Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome wisdom in bite sized chunks, 22 Nov. 2013
The people writing negative reviews of this book are missing the point. Yes the chapters are short and it's a quick read, but that is a positive not a negative for me.

You can read this book in one sitting if you wish, I managed to finish it during a two hour rail journey, and I felt very inspired by the time I reached my destination (I kicked ass in that meeting).

If you want more Felix Dennis has already been very generous with his full story in How To Get Rich. I read that first and loved it. This book is pretty much a summary of that with the wisdom from that book broken down into bite sized chunks. Dennis is the real deal, he's not some marketing guy who's made money by selling books. He's a true business maverick and entrepreneur who has amassed his own great fortune from scratch and is happy to tell anyone who wants to listen how he did it. That is generosity as far as i am concerned.

After that initial quick read I have come back to this book time and time again. It's brilliant for picking up for a quick burst of inspiration. I have also gifted this book to several friends who i felt were in need of a little business wisdom. It's perfect as a gift because if I gave them How To Be Rich they may be intimidated by it's size but this book can be quickly adsorbed.

To summarise, if you're expecting War and Peace don't buy this, but if you are looking for a quick read which will impart some real wisdom and leave you feeling inspired then this can't be bettered. One of my all time favourite books.

Blogger: Beyond the Basics (From Technologies to Solutions)
Blogger: Beyond the Basics (From Technologies to Solutions)
by Lee Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 11 July 2008
This book is a little more expensive than some of the other books about blogger on the market at the moment but believe me, it's worth the extra cash.
I found some of the other titles far too simple. they only really tell you what you already know if you've already used blogger.
But with this book I was able to add great features to my blog such as a three column template and custom domain. I have also lost the annoying nav bar.
Great book highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes You Get Up Off Your Backside, 19 Jun. 2008
I love this book. The other reviewers who have moaned about the simplicity of some of the ideas are totally missing the point. The author isn't claiming to be a contender for the next Nobel prize. Instead he is celebrating the kind of ideas all of us - every one of us - can and do have every day.
The difference between him and the rest of us is he doesn't just dream about it, he makes it happen. That's why this is a true inspiration. If this doesn't make you think "I could do that" then nothing will. Buy this book and turn those dreams into reality.

Stoned [DVD]
Stoned [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Adamsdale
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 17 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Stoned [DVD] (DVD)
A previous reviewer has compared this to the Beatles movie Backbeat and compared Jones to Stuart Sutcliffe which I think misses the point. Sutcliffe was a brilliant painter who was mates with John Lennon and who went along with the Beatles for a brief ride in Hamburg. He was in no way the leader of the band. Jones on the other hand was the man who formed and named the Rolling Stones and who therefore played a much more important part in the history of Rock music.
I was expecting this movie to be lousy, I had heard that the lead actor's performance was wooden, that the narrative jumped about like a Stones fan at an early concert, and that the sound track contained no Stones music. All that is true yet somehow despite all that this is still a very enjoyable slice of 1960s nostalgia that had me reaching for my record collection the next day. I've even added a few old Stones CDs to my collection since - very cheap on Amazon nowadays! Stones fans will enjoy this film. It's fun and manages to convey a little bit of the magic. Now would YOU let YOUR daughter marry a Rolling Stone?

I Wanna Hold Your Hand [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
I Wanna Hold Your Hand [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Film For Beatles Fans, 8 Aug. 2007
This is a great little movie which is often overlooked. It was the director Robert Zemeckis debut film - he went on to great success with the likes of Back to The Future, Forest Gump and Cast Away. The plot is pretty simple: it's Feb 1964 and a group of Beatles fans desperately want to meet the Fab Four who are in New York for the first time. It's a fun story but what makes it magical is the way Zemeckis used actors to play the Beatles - we hear their voices but never see their faces, making it (almost) possible to believe it really is the young John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Of course the film has a fantastic soundtrack - 17 Beatles tracks. These are the original tracks made by "the boys" themselves - not dodgy covers.

A wonderful little film sure to please any Beatles fan. Now where is the Region 2 version?

Shrek [DVD] [2001]
Shrek [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars My two-year-old's favourite film, 31 July 2007
This review is from: Shrek [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
My son loves this film and insists on watching it every day - at least once a day!
My only gripe is why the heck does Robin Hood have a French accent when the whole world knows he came from Nottingham?

The Thick of It - Complete First Series [DVD] [2005]
The Thick of It - Complete First Series [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Chris Langham

5.0 out of 5 stars A star air-brushed away, 16 July 2007
Great series but I see the star of this series Chris Langham has been mysteriously dropped from the packaging - there is no pic of him anywhere. I wonder why that was?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2009 9:08 PM BST

Seinfeld - Season 7 with Limited Edition Jerry Seinfeld standup CD (Exclusive To Amazon.co.uk)  [DVD]
Seinfeld - Season 7 with Limited Edition Jerry Seinfeld standup CD (Exclusive To Amazon.co.uk) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't both with this "Exclusive", 30 Dec. 2006
I'm a massive Seinfeld fan and already own all the box sets released so far so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this edition and it's exclusive CD of stand up material. Of course the DVDs are brilliant. This is one of the greatest ever seasons. However I have deducted a star because of the CD. I feel somewhat cheated by Amazon on this as it merely contains an audio track comprising of Jerry's stand up material from the previous seasons. So Amazon have sold me something i already own as an "Exclusive". Don't bother with this edition. Save yourself a fiver and buy the regular box set without the "exclusive free cd".