Profile for ActionDan > Reviews

Cuisinart 3.8L Food Processor
Cuisinart 3.8L Food Processor
Price: 244.50

3.0 out of 5 stars How short is that power cable!, 7 Mar 2014
It only turned up yesterday, and the quality of the machine seems good. It's quiet too compared to my previous Magimix 5100.

But I cannot believe that I needed an extension cable when the device is easily less than a metre from the power socket. This is inexcusable in my opinion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 10:13 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent for the price & delivered in 8 days from HK, 27 Nov 2013
Watch who you buy from!

I've now ordered 2 sets of these Minions. The first set of 3 was ordered from ZenQ Industry and was relatively high quality, and I was very pleased with it.
The second set of 3 was ordered from Fairy Store UK and was a much lower quality (almost certainly counterfeit) set.

Love Came Down Cd+Dvd
Love Came Down Cd+Dvd
Price: 13.83

4.0 out of 5 stars If this went any slower it would stop, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love Came Down Cd+Dvd (Audio CD)
Well recorded with excellent DVD, but while the worship is of a high quality, I find it too slow to be engaging. That's perhaps just my preference, but if it's your preference too, I wouldn't choose this album.

Vermatik 7-in-1 Ultrasonic Repeller
Vermatik 7-in-1 Ultrasonic Repeller
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Might keep away mice, but the plug-through socket is a hazzard!, 10 Feb 2013
Well, I've had no more mice since I plugged this in a few months ago, but I cannot recommend the plug-through socket, which should come with some very blatant warnings.

First I tried plugging in the Dyson through this device, which instantly blew the 3 Amp fuse inside the Vermatik. The tumble drier appeared to be okay and not blow the fuse, until I discovered later that it had been causing the casing to melt on the Vermatik. So then I taped up the Vermatik and tried using the plug-through socket for the fridge-freezer (with yet another 3A fuse). This time it cost me the most, because several weeks later the fuse blew on the Vermatik again, and I didn't notice until the freezer contents had all defrosted!

Save yourself the hassle, and buy the model without the plug-through socket!

SoundScience QSB - 30W USB Desktop Speakers with NXT DyadUSB Technology Rated 5/5 by What HiFi
Offered by Pricelover Deals
Price: 17.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little product, 10 May 2012
These speakers produce a great sound, yet are wonderfully compact, and come in a very tidy case. They're almost certainly not as loud as standard 30W speakers, but plenty loud enough for me.

I did have one speaker with a faulty connection, so returned it for a replacement, which arrived promptly and works fine.

I've not yet worked out which speaker is left and which is right - perhaps it doesn't make much difference.

I'm slightly disappointed that they don't include a line-in (ie sound is over USB only), so I cannot use them with a portable DVD player, but for use with a laptop I'm very happy.

Medicinal Cookery: How You Can Benefit From Nature's Edible Pharmacy
Medicinal Cookery: How You Can Benefit From Nature's Edible Pharmacy
by Dale Pinnock
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality little book!, 10 May 2012
I have to confess, I've only dipped into this book so far, but for the price I wasn't expecting much. It actually looks fabulous, with a great layout, printed on high-quality paper with colour pictures, and appears to contain a wealth of information including some relatively simple recipes to try.

Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
by Alissa Carter
Price: 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Collection of Breakfast Recipes for the Whole Family, 26 Jan 2012
I really enjoyed reading through Alissa's Breakfast Recipes. They are clear and easy to read and follow. Some of them are variations on family favourites but many were new to us. I'm on a gluten free diet and found most of these recipes to be suitable for me. There are so many options for a fully varied diet, one need never be bored with breakfast ever again. Thank you Alissa for this perfect addition to my library. Oh, the coconut pancakes were a real hit with the kids.

Cars 2 [Blu-ray]
Cars 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars How did a plot this bad get made into such an expensive film?, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Cars 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The film was entertaining, but the plot is absolutely crazy, and far too complex for younger children to understand. The film is visually fantastic, but the story is entirely meaningless, and the action sequences totally offend my knowledge of physics (even after acknowledging that this is a film about talking cars).

The kids quite enjoyed it, but I can't see them watching it very often.

Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Chromebook, Macbook Air, Windows, and Specific Android Tablets (ASIX AX88178 Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me, 5 Dec 2011
I plugged it in, and Bingo! I had Ethernet access again. Just what I wanted - no messing, and the compact size is ideal for me too.

Come Away
Come Away
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Live Worship Experience, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Come Away (Audio CD)
So far I've not even listened to the CD, but the enclosed DVD seems to feature the same music, and is absolutely fantastic.

It's the first Jesus Culture album I've purchased, but almost certainly won't be the last.

Page: 1 | 2