Profile for D. W. Chester > Reviews

Content by D. W. Chester

D. W. Chester (Woking, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 7 May 2014
I have bought several of these in different colours. I really can't fault them other than saying I wish they did higher capacities. I thing they do 16GB in black but all the others seem to be max 8GB

New Design swivel Black Color Office chair MO 18 Black
New Design swivel Black Color Office chair MO 18 Black
Offered by Cherry Tree Furniture
Price: 49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but poor quality, 7 May 2014
I bought two of these for my kids. One broke within 48 hours of purchasing it. One of the plastic arms snapped, throwing my son to the floor and the second arm snapped as he hit the floor. The seller I bought it from replaced the arms, and being gentle with the chair it lasted a couple of months before one of the arms snapped again. My son is 19 and of slim build and has not treated this chair roughly. My daughter is younger and has not had problems with her chair. If a fully grown man of 14 Stone used it though, I doubt it would last 5 minutes. They feel very flimsy and the sitting position is odd - quite reclined - and would not be condusive to a working environment. I strongly recommend you buy a different chair. This is cheap for a reason!

Verbatim 47423 8GB USB 2.0 Micro USB Drive - Green
Verbatim 47423 8GB USB 2.0 Micro USB Drive - Green
Offered by PC Mods Ltd
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It's tiny!, 25 Feb 2014
Tiny tiny USB memory stick drive by one of the kings of storage; verbatim. These are so cheap. I think they do a 16GB one in black in the same package but 8GB is the highest capacity you will get in the other colours sadly. Even so, if all you need is 8GB then this is perfect. Comes with a lanyard for attachment to your keyring or whatever if you choose. It's sadly only USB2, but obviously the purpose of this is to be small and cute and it does that perfectly :-)

Nokia Lumia 925 16GB Sim Free Windows Smartphone - White
Nokia Lumia 925 16GB Sim Free Windows Smartphone - White
Offered by Monticello Global
Price: 299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb, 25 Feb 2014
This flagship Nokia Lumia 925 is without a doubt the best mobile phone I have ever seen. The Windows Phone 8.1 operating system is now patched with the Black update which removes just about all annoyances of the Windows Phone system. the addition of custom tones for text and email for example. Integrates with Facebook, Windows Live, SKYdrive (that was a dig at Sky BSkyB who think they own the word "sky" now) and LinkedIn. Also comes with Office mobile which integrates perfectly with Microsoft Exchange email servers. the phone feels expensive. Such smooth glass. Metal chassis. Snappy processor. Most of all of course the Windows Phone live tiles deliver information at a glance of your home screen. The Amoled screen which is vivid and bright in daylight and dim and calming in the dark. I almost forgot to say that the camera is superb and comes with an LED flash although it works in surprisingly low light levels without it. I really can't praise this phone enough. Buy one!

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead - Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 15.65

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!, 25 Feb 2014
If you are looking at this then you have already watched seasons 1 and 2. I must say that season 3 is a must. I was a bit fed up with season 2, but this puts the series right back on track with a new evil villain and plenty of walkers to deal with. Two survivor camps go to war in the backdrop of the zombie apocalypse in this very worthy third series. I can't wait for season 4

Nokia CC-3065 Wireless Charging Shell Case for Lumia 925 - White
Nokia CC-3065 Wireless Charging Shell Case for Lumia 925 - White
Offered by elevenfirst
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wirelss charging is the future!, 25 Feb 2014
I was sceptical at first that enough juice would be transferred across to the phone to charge it in a reasonable time. I need not have worried. The Qi system charges the phone much faster than connecting via USB lead to your computer and in fact warms the phone up significantly when charging from low battery, which USB never does. I recommend this to anyone with a Nokia 925. Obviously you need the 910 charge stand to go with it but you will never look back and never fiddle with wires again! Note that there is also a mod available on YouTube which shows you how to remove the coil from this clip-on and fit it directly into the back of your phone which, in my opinion, is where Nokia should have put it in the first place!

Arrow - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Arrow - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Stephen Amell
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 25 Feb 2014
Having been a fan of the Smallville series which did Oliver Queen so well, I was worried that a new actor taking on this role might spoil it for me. However, Stephen Amell takes the role with both fists and delivers a fine performance as the Green Arrow. Some really good plot twists. I cannot wait for series 2!!

Kick-Ass 2 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Kick-Ass 2 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Price: 9.71

5.0 out of 5 stars It's kick-ass too!, 25 Feb 2014
Great sequel to the original movie. Kick-Ass and Hit Girl team up with others to right the sins of the criminal element in the face of the police who have banned super-heroes. Not for those who disapprove of swearing, naturally!

Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stand for Lumia 820/920 - White
Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stand for Lumia 820/920 - White
Offered by Zolzoom LTD
Price: 43.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Charge without wires!, 25 Feb 2014
This is the future. Charge your phone without wires! I was a bit sceptical about charging efficiency with this method, but it transfers enough power to charge my Nokia pretty quickly and it gets warm to prove it, unlike the really slow USB charging lead that comes with the phone. This stand has an integral white LED on the front which lights when charging.

Saturn 3 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Saturn 3 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Kirk Douglas
Offered by Books2anywhereUS
Price: 11.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Cult SciFi classic, 25 Feb 2014
It's been many years since I watched this on TV. Although dated, this 1980 movie stands the test of time well. Recommended for SciFi nuts and fans of Farrah Fawcett, who gets them out. Unfortunately, so does Kirk Douglas! Some great acting by the robot.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 5:20 PM GMT