Profile for D. Brothwood > Reviews

Content by D. Brothwood

D. Brothwood (Cheshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
A Kind Man
A Kind Man
by Susan Hill
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Kind Man (Paperback)
I purchased this for my wife although she hadn't read any other titles by Susan Hill she had choosen to read it it after seeing a newspaper advertisement for the book and was very pleased as she really enjoyed it..

Quink Ink Cartridges Royal Blue Washable box of 5
Quink Ink Cartridges Royal Blue Washable box of 5
Price: 2.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Parker, 18 Dec 2012
Before retiring I always enjoying writing with a fountain pen, recently I came across my old dried up Parker and Sheaffer fountain pens in the bottom of a drawer, all I needed was to find a local cartridge stockists quite a task given the range of local shops,so I was delighted to find these cartridges on Amazon at such a reasonable price to be able to restore the pen to its former glory and once again enjoy the pleasure of writing with a decent pen.

Sheaffer Ink Cartridge Washable Pack of 5 - Color: Blue
Sheaffer Ink Cartridge Washable Pack of 5 - Color: Blue
Offered by LPC Stationers
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Sheaffer, 18 Dec 2012
Before retiring I always enjoying writing with a fountain pen, recently I came across my old dried up Parker and Sheaffer fountain pens in the bottom of a drawer, all I needed was to find a local cartridge stockist quite a task given the range of our local shops, so I was delighted to find these cartridges on Amazon at such a reasonable price to be able to restore the pen to its former glory and once again enjoy the pleasure of writing with a decent pen.

RAC Heavy Duty 13 LED Lantern
RAC Heavy Duty 13 LED Lantern
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly All The Boxes Ticked, 16 Dec 2012
This is a great torch that ticked nearly all the right boxes for me at a good price, and it has low battery drain Led's but in the end it was spoilt slightly by not having the convenience of a built in charger
All my fault I made the classic mistake of assuming it had one before ordering, but all is not lost though as I will keep this one at home and use it with either ordinary D cells or look into purchasing a D cell charger, in the meantime I have purchased a different torch having a built in charger for use at our caravan

Disney Junior Sing Along Book (Disney Singalong)
Disney Junior Sing Along Book (Disney Singalong)
Edition: Board book
Price: 5.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Singalong CD, 14 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has a nice hard cover book and the CD has some catchy Disney tunes that our four year old Granddaughter enjoys singing along to, she has also learn't how to skip the songs on her CD player if they don't happen to be one of her favourites.

This set would make a perfect present or stocking filler.

Disney Classics Sing-Along Book and CD
Disney Classics Sing-Along Book and CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 14 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our four year old Granddaughter has her own CD player in her bedroom, and this CD & book offers a good variety of different Disney songs for her, she knows which song is coming next from looking in the book herself, the CD is also great for long car journeys.

Cinderella Book & CD (Disney Storybook & CD)
Cinderella Book & CD (Disney Storybook & CD)
Price: 5.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful CD & Book, 14 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our four year old Granddaughter is a Cinderella fan and this Disney book and CD is perfect for her, she often listens to the cd before bedtime and looks through the book turning the page when she hears the correct turn the page sound.
Personally I think its a small price to pay for a lot of pleasure

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Essentials
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Essentials
by Scott Onstott
Price: 20.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Guide, 21 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The most sophisticated software package is not much use when you are sitting in front of the screen struggling to use it, you might just as well switch off and play free cell, this is where this handy little book comes into its own, it's very well set out and a great little companium.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
by Ian Fleming
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Belting Bond Audio Book, 17 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Closing my eyes and opening my ears I soon fell into step alongside David Tennant describing a boulevard in Northern France in September, maybe its because of my age but providing the narrator is good I really enjoy listening to audio books whether its as a first time listen or in this case a revisit to an old friend.

David Tennant does an excellent job narrating on these cd's, really making the story come to life, thank you and well done to all concerned with this excellent production.

Beastly Balloons Creative Kit (Box Set)
Beastly Balloons Creative Kit (Box Set)
by Parragon
Price: 5.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Balloon Fun, 15 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our four year old granddaughter really enjoyed making these balloons, the set kept her busy for ages, The set contains a good variety of different colloured balloons with different eyes, noses and ears, she made some really funny monster faces to frighten Grand dad with, the accompanying book contained 3D wings etc but unfortunately she found these too difficult to attach to the balloons as the sticky small dots were a bit too fiddly for her and even my own daughter struggled a bit at times, but the end results were good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16