Profile for J Blake > Reviews

Content by J Blake

J Blake (England)

KitSound Clock Radio Dock for iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Nano 5th Generation and iPod Touch 4th Generation - Bad Boy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and use, 27 Jan 2014
Bought this as a gift and helped the recipient to set it up. Good sound from the speakers. Easy to set up and configure the different options. Good clear view of the clock and easy to change the alarm from alarm sound to radio to ipod. Recipient was very pleased with it.

Olivia Warmheart Heatable Rag Doll
Olivia Warmheart Heatable Rag Doll
Offered by Special Days & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 27 Jan 2014
Bought as a gift and the recipient loved it. Doll is quite large and was really lovely. Great value for money.

American Assassin (Mitch Rapp Book 1)
American Assassin (Mitch Rapp Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars good storyline and easy to read, 27 Jan 2014
Keeps you hooked in as this starter book on Mitch Rapp's introduction. Great first book of the series and has lead me to read more of Vince Flynn's novels.

HAND Ruler Pattern Marking, Pattern Making, Tailor, Students
HAND Ruler Pattern Marking, Pattern Making, Tailor, Students
Offered by Well Made Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful tool, 27 Jan 2014
I use this every time I am working on a sewing project. It has been a huge help in drafting my own patterns and when tracing from others. I wouldn't be without it.

Contagious: How to Build Word of Mouth in the Digital Age
Contagious: How to Build Word of Mouth in the Digital Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and good straightforward ideas, 27 Jan 2014
Really like this book as it is easy to follow and has lots of good ideas and clear examples of how to apply them. Am using it for everything from my day job through to helping my partner promote his band.

Easy Crochet: Weekend
Easy Crochet: Weekend
by Nicki Trench

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great projects in this book, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Easy Crochet: Weekend (Paperback)
Bought this book as a gift and have already highlighted all the items I would like the recipient to make for me! Lots of really good projects in this book and would recommend it.

Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear
Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear
by Winifred Aldrich

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool when getting into pattern making, 10 Dec 2013
I love the way that this book takes the basic shapes and shows how to adapt them to create such a huge variety of garment shapes and sizes.
It is well written and easy to follow - it provides a great reference guide. Recommended to me by my tutor and I can't thank her info for letting me know about it.

Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear
Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear
by Winifred Aldrich

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 10 Dec 2013
Love this book - so useful. Just starting out in pattern making and have been looking for a pattern to make men's pleated trousers. This has been a real gem. Follow the steps and it is so clearly laid out. Brilliant.

How to make the Dukan Diet fit your lifestyle
How to make the Dukan Diet fit your lifestyle

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor value for money, 29 Aug 2011
I bought this book believing that it would have better plans and guidance for following the Dukan diet. It is very brief and in my opinion not worth the money by any means. It took me less than an hour to read and there is very little information in it that is not already obvious from the original books.

Three Steps to Enjoying Life
Three Steps to Enjoying Life
by Sue Ricks

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for any collection, 2 Jun 2007
The simplicity of this book belies how powerful its message is. It is easy to read, practical and beautifully illustrated. I have used the techniques to address an issue I had in a relationship and I was astounded by how quickly I got results. I was so impressed that I have given it as a gift to several members of my family.