Profile for Mr. M. R. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. R. Smith

Mr. M. R. Smith

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Adidas dont sell these in the UK .... Why????, 27 Nov. 2010
I am a county level squash player and use around 6 pairs of squash shoes per year.
I have owned the previous model to this which was the Stabil S.

This shoe like the previous model is a tight fit so Iam an 8 and its a small 8.
However this is an important point as you may be tempted to buy a size or half size up
my advice is persevere and break them in becasue after around 6 hours of play you will be rewarded and these will fit like a dream
and provide a nice supportive fit that you need.

Top tip from a tour pro, work them with your hands when new bend them in every direction that they will bend when on this will help with the breaking in process softening them quicker.

In comparison to the previous Stabil S these are completely synthetic which is makes know difference apart from a lighter weight.
I dont have a leather fetish but Iam aware that others prefer leather uppers.

The lateral support is great like the old model no real noticable advance in this area.
The shoe has more cushioning in the heel which I think is an improvement over previous model and they just fit better.

There is also a different arch support, again this is an improvement as I was aware of an issue with the previous model
where players were getting injuries because the arch support was too restrictive or ridged this has now been ironed out.

The shoe also laces up a little higher than the previous model which ensures a tighter more snug fit around the top of the foot and stops that annoying slipping feeling that you can get with some court shoes.

As for the grip I didnt notice much diffenece only that they seem to wear better; the sole is a deal more durable than the previous model without losing that traction you get from gum rubber.

Overall this is a top of the range court shoe used by many of the top touring squash professionals including James willstrop.
It doesnt get much better than this at the moment however I still think adidas are a tad dearer than other brands but they do deliver.

PRINCE EXO3 Rebel Squash Racket
PRINCE EXO3 Rebel Squash Racket

5.0 out of 5 stars Its gettin better all the time!, 27 Nov. 2010
I will base my review on a comparison to the prince speedport black the reason being this racket is exactly the same weight and balance as that racket and so appears to replace it in terms of the evolution of the prince range. All the top touring pros who use the speedport black such as James willstrop and peter nicol to name a few have switched to this racket.

To start with as I have already mentioned the balance and weight are the same as the speedport black so if you are used of playing with that racket you will have no major problems swiching to this.

In terms of racket head speed this racket has speedports around the frame but close inspection reveals these are smaller than the speedport black and this does in my opinion create a little more drag on the stroke, this is however not a weakness as I did feel that the black was a ittle to slick this rackets slightly increased drag gives a better feel to the stroke you can feel it better like it is a heavier racket but without the weight if that makes sense.

The major improvment is the amazing decrease in frame vibration I dont use amazing lightly it is significantly less than the speedport black. Prince claim that this means the racket is less likely to move on impact with the ball resulting in a more controlled shot which I would agree with, you feel like you can hit through the ball easier the sweetspot is alot bigger this contributes to the vibration reduction and increased control without losing that all important feel.

The major innovation with this racket is the use of the exoskeleton or energy bridge and groves in the frame this is supposed to return more energy to the ball creating more spin and power, a word of caution here... it does create more spin and power but you have to be able to use this effectively in your game as the ball behaves differently because of the increased spin -- this can be a massive bonus but can create problems for the less experienced player for example the ball may bounce more off the walls so you need to have better control on your strokes to benefit from the power and spin especialy on lobs and trickle boasts where the pace is slower and more precise leaving more room for error. If you use dying length the ball may die quicker casue it hits the floor and the energy is lost of the increased spin instead of being returned into the ball of the wall, you will understand more if you use the racket.

overall this racket does what it says less vibration more spin and a biggger sweetspot meaning more power is likely to be generated more often not exactly more power than the previous speedport black. will suit the more experienced player maybe a little wasted if you are startin out. This is the Aston Martin of squash rackets.

Adidas Stabil Optifit Indoor Court Shoes
Adidas Stabil Optifit Indoor Court Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shoe but you will pay!, 10 Nov. 2010
I have owned the previous model to this which was the Stabil S.

This shoe like the previous model is a tight fit so Iam an 8 and its a small 8.
and provide a nice supportive fit that you need.

I dont have a leather fetish but Iam aware that others prefer leather uppers.

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 2:59 PM GMT

Hi-Tec Sports Mens Adult Squash Classic Court Trainer
Hi-Tec Sports Mens Adult Squash Classic Court Trainer
Price: £19.05 - £37.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Relic, 3 May 2010
If you intend on using your knees in the future then avoid these
artifacts from squash history. The quality and design is circa 1965
shock absorbtion and support is dreadful. Its not all bad though,
I have found one use for them -- I cut the soles off and used them under
my bookcase to stop damage to the wooden flooring.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2011 12:30 PM BST

Head Microgel 115 CT - Squash Racket
Head Microgel 115 CT - Squash Racket

3.0 out of 5 stars Hollow Techno Babble, 11 Feb. 2010
I tried this racket for 2 days and thought it was pretty average. I used to own a
Head i.110 which was also a good average racket. I know play with a prince Speedport Black
and never looked back.

Something bugs me about Head and some of the other manufacturers. They seem to have a new racket out
every five minutes with the latest DISCOVERY from the Lab. Piezo elctric Nano fibres and new space age gels... corrugated metal??
This in my experience translates into a microscopic improvement over the previous model.

The only exception I have to this in my experience is Prince they seem to develop genuine engineering innovations such as the
speedports and power ring - all these are genuine improvments to the way rackets are made and function. These translate directly
into your game -- does what it says on the tin to put it bluntly.

In conclusion if you want to fork out on a new racket from a company that brings new models out every five minutes tells you they are worth over £100 then drops them to half that ready for the next laboratory discovery from their mars research facility then fill your boots.

Head i.110 - Squash Racket
Head i.110 - Squash Racket
Offered by Sweatband

3.0 out of 5 stars HEADing for the museum, 11 Feb. 2010
This review is from: HEAD i110 Squash Racket (Sports)
I have played with this racket for nearly a year in fact I have 2.
This is a good quality racket with a good all round capability.
When this was released in 2007 it was cutting edge however racket
technology has moved on alot since and the claims are now a little
hollow. For example the power it produces is pretty average compared to
newer breeds like the Prince Speedport range. The sweetpot is quite small
and it is not very good for touch shots... inconsistant is the word here.

On balance it is cheap well made and very light. Ideal for a beginner who does
not want to fork out in the early stages on this point it is in my opinion very
good value. however you will find it lacking as your game
progresses.

Prince O3 Speedport Black Squash Racket / Racquet
Prince O3 Speedport Black Squash Racket / Racquet

5.0 out of 5 stars Power and Control, 11 Feb. 2010
I have been playing squash for some time. My previous racket was the Head i.110
I bought this racket about 1 month ago now and never looked back. Without a doubt
this is the best racket I have ever put my hands on.

One thing that strikes me about this racket and other prince rackets I have tested
is that it does what it says on the tin -- often you hear claims of inconceivable amounts of
power and control only to be let down on the court but this racket is very powerful especially on
drives. I also noticed that it is very forgiving when retrieving difficult shots, at this point I often
find the control and accuracy combined with the power at that crucial moment brings a smile to my face
and a look of confusion to my opponent :o)

If you are used of Head rackets, you will notice the handle is slightly more rounded in comparison -- This may
throw you on the first few times you play however I actually prefer this now and for some reason It feels like a more natural
grip, which means I dont find myself constantly asjusting for comfort or correcting it because it has slipped.

The unique part of this racket is the speedports, these seem to make the racket move through the air faster resulting in
better reaction times and more power. The speedports also increase the sweet spot to what prince call the sweet zone -- again
not a hollow claim this really works in practice. I noticed that off centre shots are almost non existent and those light touch shots
have become a reliable part of my arsenal because I am confident I can pull them off more consistently.

I conclusion my advice is clear, if you want a racket that delivers on its claims then this is the racket for you. Power - Accuracy and control time after time, no space age gels or nano fibres, just pure innovation and engineering that you can see and benefit from in
your game.

The Master Key System: A Wonderful and Rewarding Step-By-Step Guide about How to Get Anything You Want Out of Life
by Charles F. Haanel

5.0 out of 5 stars You will have to find out for yourself, 27 Sept. 2009
Unlike many reviewers I have read and applied the principles in this book over many years.
A few years ago I was stone broke overweight and depressed with life. I am now fit happy and
worth over 3.5 Million pounds. The master key system is the forerunner to all the other books
like this such as think and grow rich, the secret and all the other gurus such as anthony robbins etc.
They all earn their money by feeding people parts of this book. This is the only course you will ever need.

The hardest part of this course is completing it because it takes the best part of a year but you will notice
a few things after a few weeks I wlll not tell you what this is as it will be better when you find out for youself
you may also find that you chuckle when you think of all the people who rubbish this as un scientific etc. ha ha.
We know better. Only those who are commited to the course from start to finish will benefit from the secret within.
It has been written in such as way to ensure this. Enjoy if you will... :O)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 7:57 PM BST