Profile for Mr. S. Turczyn > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Turczyn

Mr. S. Turczyn "SteveT" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
CHOETECH Stadium Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad 3-Coils Wide Charging Area for Nexus 6,SONY Xperia Z3V,Moto Droid Turbo,Motorola Moto 360 Smart Watch,Nexus 5/4/7(2013) ,Nokia Lumia 1020/ 920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini,HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rzound,,Pentax WG-III camera,Samsung,Google, LG, HTC and Other Qi Enabled Phones and Tablets (AC adapter not included)
Offered by CHOETECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast charge, quiet operation, easy placement of phone., 9 Dec 2014
My first few minutes with the product were very disappointing as it wouldn't charge... until I realised I had it upside down! Duh.

I'm using this with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that has the genuine Samsung S View Wireless Charging flip cover, and it works very well, and provides a fast charge.

The positioning is very easy, I assume because of the three coils... there's no fiddling or exact placement needed, just drop it on, and the blue light comes on, and the phone orientation doesn't matter (as long as the phone's not face down).

The phone is bigger than the charge pad but you can position the phone off-center and so easily see the charging light.

It also works fine with the flip cover folded completely behind the phone, which is great and lets you see the full screen while charging.

I'm also using it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a wireless charging adapter (I have two of these pads), no problems whatsoever.

Both phones become warm after overnight charging but not uncomfortably so.

It comes with the pad and a micro-usb to usb cable... you'll have to supply the wall adapter.

Samsung S-View Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 - Retail Packaging - Charcoal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, charges well, S View functionality great., 5 Dec 2014
I got this to replace a standard plain "leather-like" Note 4 S-View cover since I wanted the QI wireless charging capability. So far, I've been pretty happy with it.

I don't believe it's bulkier than the standard cover but it *looks* slightly bulkier because of the horizontal stripes... nonetheless a good looking S View cover in it's own right.

It has the same issue with the other S View cover in that the glass (plastic?) viewing window shows fingerprints and smudges easily, unlke the Note 4 main display which generally looks spotless.

One thing to be careful of... the back panel has several contacts and they need to be all connecting or you don't get the S View functionality, and if you don't put the case on fully snapped in and properly aligned it won't work. The first time I installed it I thought perhaps the close magnet (inside front cover, lower right) was missing because it wouldn't go into S View mode.

However, I removed the back and reinstalled, carefully pressing to ensure all the contacts were connected, and voila, S View works! So check that first if S View doesn't kick in before returning the product.

The heart rate and blood oxygen level sensor is more fiddly to use, you have to be more careful about where and how you press your finger.

For the slight awkwardness of reaching the sensor, for the fingerprint-grabbing S View window, I dropped a star, but overall I'm happy with the case and recommend it... I can put up with these faults.

Oh, and the charging is great. I don't have enough experience yet to note if or how much the charging might be slower than cable connection, but I don't have any complaint about that at the moment. The charging also works if you fold the front cover completely around to the back of the case (the front cover adds very little bulk) so that's great if you want to see the full screen.

It's available at other on-line sites but I found Amazon to have by far the best price for this genuine Samsung product.

QI Wireless Charging Receiver Module for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 i9305
QI Wireless Charging Receiver Module for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 i9305
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, invisible when properly installed., 5 Dec 2014
I'm very confused about other reviews claiming this "adds bulk" or causes the S3 back cover to bulge... the thing is no thicker than card stock paper, completely unobtrusive, and with the back cover back on you can't see any difference. Possibly if you don't position it right (the side connectors need to fit into two small recesses) then it might bulge, but then you haven't installed it correctly.

I'm using it with the Samsung flip case (which completely replaces the back battery cover) but this would work equally well with the standard back battery cover.

And it works great, the S3 recognises it and lets me know that it's wireless charging. I did find the phone was a bit warm after overnight charging but not excessively so. I can't comment on the charging rate but so far the phone is 100% come morning.

I recommend this. Good product.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ technology and 3ft (0.9m) Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., 5 Dec 2014
Not much I can say except that it does what it says on the tin! It's fairly compact, which is nice, the cable is long enough to reach the dash. The fit (both the cigar lighter and the usb) feels solid without excessive wiggle and it's easy to remove the cable without removing the charger from the cigar port.

I have some usb charging devices that are fiddly to charge and insist on a certain amount of current (Asus Zenwatch) and they work happily with this charger when they wouldn't with others.

I would happily buy this again.

CSX Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Strap & Free eBook - Accurate Step Counter, Distance Miles and Km, Calorie Counter, Daily Target Progress Monitor, 7 Day Memory, Exercise Time - White - with Tri-Axis Stepometer Technology | 18 Month Warranty
Offered by CSX - Competitive Sport Xtreme Direct | Aspire Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pedometer, great customer service., 17 Sep 2014
A great little pedometer, easy to use. It doesn't count "short trips" (photocopier and back) which is fine as the health benefit of going to the photocopier is negligible compared to real, sustained walks.

You can have a daily target for steps and it'll get all excited and beep and flash when you reach your target... which is a bit over the top but that's fine. It also tracks your steps for each of the past seven days.

The seller is borderline obsessive-compulsive about customer satisfaction, so on a scale of 1 to 10 I have to rate seller support as 11+. He follows up, makes sure you're happy, and gets into a real dialogue if you have questions or issues.

If I have any complaint, it's the detachable clip. I've never quite got the hang of how to detach it easily, and yet there were times it just "fell out" and I would have lost the pedometer if someone hadn't pointed out it had fallen off. I did (in fact) lose it once but liked it enough to buy the same model. I recommend attaching the supplied lanyard and looping it around a belt loop, so if the pedometer does pop out, you won't lose it.

The second problem with the clip is that it's difficult to avoid long presses on the buttons when clipping and unclipping... particularly an issue if the button under your finger is the reset button which means you can wipe out your day's record or even your week's record if you're in the wrong mode when it's pressed.

Since the step counter is pretty intelligent (using 3D sensors or whatever) you could just drop the pedometer into the bottom of your pocket and forget the annoying clip. The pedometer doesn't need to be oriented in any particular way.

It comes with a setup video but I didn't bother with that, the leaflet was clear enough. I didn't bother much with the more esoteric features... determine calories burned or miles covered... so I can't comment on how well that works.

It also comes with a PDF book which I haven't looked at, either.

EuroSchirm light trek automatic umbrella black 2014
EuroSchirm light trek automatic umbrella black 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy little umbrella., 1 Sep 2014
Very satisfied with this. I originally wanted to go for a micro sized one but the sturdiness and reliability of this model has made me very happy with my purchase. Automatic button for both opening and closing, effective at keeping the rain off (which is probably why you want it :) ). Haven't used it in high gusts but the construction seems really solid. There's a compass in the top of the handle which is kind of useless... I assume they included it because it's a signature item for them, not because they expect you to use it.

I would happily buy this same model again.

ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Marine blue
ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Marine blue
Offered by JapanPremium

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to dismantle and clean, 1 Sep 2014
This is my second one, I have the dark cocoa version which I use for hot coffee and the blue one for leaving a cold drink in the car and still having it cold at the end of the working day.

They are solid, very effective, easy to dismantle and clean. Easy to unlock the safety lock and flip open the top with one hand, which exposes the pouring spout. I do find the lid stopper can press against the nose when drinking directly from the flask, which is a tiny bit annoying but not worth losing a star over as this is such an excellent insulated mug otherwise.

And these have the best heat/cold retention I've ever seen in a travel mug.

I did go for the 480ml size and it's a bit too tall to fit under the spout of my capsule coffee maker... I sort of have to lean it at an angle. So far that works ok but the smaller size would avoid that problem and would still hold a full cup of coffee (this larger size does about two cups or a mug and a half).

ZyXEL GS1900-24E 24 Port Gigabit Smart Managed Rackmount Switch
ZyXEL GS1900-24E 24 Port Gigabit Smart Managed Rackmount Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, feature-rich, quiet switch., 1 Sep 2014
Great switch, probably overspecified for my requirements. Includes capability to break up your LAN into separate networks "VLAN", to specify priority for some devices "QoS", and link aggregation. I can't comment on the effectiveness of these features as I don't use them. However, as a silent, reliable switch with the ability to monitor ports it's great.

If I had any complaint it's the minor one that you can't tell from a glance whether links are running at gigabit or megabit speeds... to know that you have to open up the management web page and hover over each link on the webpage diagram.

CSL - HDMI Switch 3D Ready / Full HD 1080p - flexible 3 port switch | 3 x IN / 1 x OUT | Dolby True HD / intelligent switch- automatic and manual switch
Offered by CSL-Computer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as a manual switch., 10 Aug 2014
Using this to connect a Sky HD box and a Sony BluRay player to one TV. Somewhat disappointed that the switching doesn't happen automatically... need to switch manually via the button on the switch. I do like that it's self powered. Nonetheless I'm on the lookout for an alternative product that will really do automatic switching.

ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Dark Cocoa
ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Dark Cocoa
Offered by Banrifish2

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb performer., 31 July 2014
Received this quickly, and I'm VERY impressed. Fits in car cup holder, slightly too tall to fit under a Tassimo coffee maker but it'll go at an angle so it's workable. I think had I gone for the slightly smaller size I wouldn't have that problem.. Locking lid seems completely waterproof, and flips open to a pouring spout which you can drink out of directly if you're so inclined. Very easy to unlock and flip open with one hand while holding the mug, even if you're left handed.

And it keeps drinks hot, and I mean HOT! After four hours still got scalded by very hot drink,so I'll need to rethink how hot I make my coffee for transport. So really insulates well.

I'll be getting another one to keep a cold drink in the car in summer weather.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3