Profile for stugo > Reviews

Content by stugo

stugo

XXL SIZE +++ IMAGE PRINTED ON CANVAS +++ 3 pieces +++ world map +++ Ready to hang +++ 020113-50 +++ 120x60 cm +++ Picture +++ Many other patterns and sizes in our shop +++

4.0 out of 5 stars the canvas itself is slightly loose though it still looks very good., 31 Oct. 2014
Very fast delivery (3 days), the canvas itself is slightly loose though it still looks very good.

Apology
Apology

5.0 out of 5 stars very powerful, a must-read, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Apology (Kindle Edition)
A fantastically powerful speech, quite contrary to my expectations, it was fairly sophist-like in that there was much rhetoric and less arguing through logic. It was, however, a fantastic read, be-it a brief read!

Philosophy: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Philosophy: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 5 Nov. 2013
Just to give a little background to me, I am a student currently in sixth form, I have an avid interest in philosophy and have read several books on the subject. I am also studying it for A-level. I by no means count myself as any sort of expert in the subject, just mildly educated on it.

When I downloaded this book, I was expecting a comprehensive, simple, yet thought provoking insight into philosophy. Before reading this book I had read Thomas Nagel's "What does it all mean?". This was a fascinating, accessible introduction into a subject of extraordinary depth. I expected similar things with this book. As you can probably guess I was extremely disappointed. This book covers several philosopher's ideas without really giving you much of a general insight into the subject at all. I gave up on this book after the fourth chapter, as I realized how it was completely wasting my time. However it was not all hopeless, the topics it did cover it covered with relative competency, but it really only scratched the surface of the ideas such as miracles. In all I was thoroughly disappointed. I do however wholeheartedly recommend Nagel's book.