Profile for G. Castagno > Reviews

Content by G. Castagno

G. Castagno "Gio" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
10 x 40W Classic Mini Globes Clear Round Light Bulbs, SES E14 Small Screw, Golf Ball Incandescent Lamps, 390 lm, Mains 240V
Offered by E Bargains UK

5.0 out of 5 stars 40W Mini Clear Round Lights, 12 April 2016
Pretty cheap and so far I have used 8 and all are working fine.

Can't grumble at all. Decent products for the price.

MaxiNutrition Promax Lean Definition Protein Shake Powder 990 g - Chocolate
MaxiNutrition Promax Lean Definition Protein Shake Powder 990 g - Chocolate

1.0 out of 5 stars Promax Lean Chocolate, 12 April 2016
I have been taking Promax Lean on and off for a number of years and they have just re-branded and also altered the formula.

Not only is it high in protein but it used to be one of the nicest tasting ones out there and mixed very well with water (or in my case, water and milk mix)

Since altering the formula, the chocolate one now actually tastes a little like their cookies and cream one and that one is quite sickly.

Used to be my favourite "go to" product out there and I am all for branding change, but this new taste and texture is pretty no longer to my liking and not saying it makes me wretch, but pretty close. After over 14 years, sadly this one is no longer for me.

Duzzit Drain Away - 3 x 40g Sachets
Duzzit Drain Away - 3 x 40g Sachets
Offered by A&S Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Drain Away - Great Product, 29 Mar. 2016
Bought this to help sort out a blocked shower and have to admit that it is one of the better unblocking products I have purchased over the years.

My purchase was mainly based on reviews, so thought I would give it a go.

Have tried other shop bought products and nothing really works as well as this.

If the blockage is severe, no water is getting through at all and a plunger isn't helping either, then you probably need to use the rods or call someone out. If you don't have the rods and want to try something quick and cheap, then one could give this a go. Seems to be pretty good stuff.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

1.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8gb, 14 Feb. 2015
This is the second one I have ordered. The first one went wrong within 2 weeks and this one has just stopped working today, a year and 1 month later. I use it for my workouts and I have purchased the silicone skin for it so that no sweat gets into the unit. Based on that, I could not really recommend them.

That said, I found it easier to load tunes onto it than Apple iPod shuffle etc.

When it was working, I must admit that it was pretty good and the sound quality was good. Either I am rather unfortunate with these or they just aren't built that well.

After 2 have gone faulty in a year, sadly this mp3 player would no longer be my first choice.

The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic Gastric Band - Review, 25 April 2013
This book has surprised me and I wanted to leave a review and hopefully help others.

I am quite a skeptical person and was intrigued by other peoples reviews on this, so I wanted to see for myself what all the fuss was about as it has so many, ok some bad as well as good.

I thought to myself " I have nothing against Paul McKenna and I am sure he is pretty good at what he does and has probably helped quite a few people, but all this stuff is just about sales and profit. I doubt it is going to work for me", but I decided to give it a go anyway.

The exercises the book suggests just seemed silly and truth be told, I even laughed during one of them "Havening Technique" as I thought to myself "What complete nonsense", but did it anyway.

Conclusion: - WOW! I found myself eating smaller portions and even concentrating on what I ate and this totally threw me and confused me as I realised that something inside me had changed, and for the better.

I have finished reading the book, followed the DVD but not yet got onto the cd and all I can say is that:

1, It has given me more confidence to achieve this as I admit that I was an "emotional eater"
2, I genuinely can't eat as big a portions as I did as it just feels and looks too much.
3, To this day I am still baffled at how this is working though I love the fact that it is.

Not going onto the cd just yet as still want to go over some other stuff but I genuinely do recommend this as it isn't just about eating less but also will help change your general outlook to a more positive self. If you already are then it will just reinforce it.

You can't really go wrong for the price either.

Mighty Torque Wrench - Black
Mighty Torque Wrench - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Torque Wrench Kit For The Price, 15 Mar. 2013
I bought this as I have a full carbon bike and was worried about over-tightening the screws and risking cracking the frame.

I wasn't too sure about buying this kit at first and did my homework and found a lot of reviews to be pretty good so I bit the bullet and went for this.

What can I say, it is a great (must have) add-on for anyone with a carbon bike and really good value for the price. Definitely holds its own against some of the higher end torque wrenches and unless you wish to spend silly money and go for a digital one, this little baby is definitely the way forward. Presented in a nice hard plastic box so as to keep all the pieces together (nice touch).

It has a ratio variance of +4%/-4% which is what a lot of the high end wrenches have also so you can rest assured that it is pretty precise.

I must admit that I torque just a fraction below the number specified, though this is probably just be being overly cautious.

Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S3

4.0 out of 5 stars Proport Case for Samsung Galaxy III, 3 Nov. 2012
I have bought proporta cases before and though they may seem a little pricey, they are fantastic cases, nice leather, look good and have an aluminium sheeting within them for extra strength and protection.

You can't really go wrong with one of these cases and I am happy to spend a little extra for quality.

Polar FT7 and FT4 Battery Kit
Polar FT7 and FT4 Battery Kit
Offered by Sweatband

4.0 out of 5 stars Polar F7 HRT Battery and Seal, 3 Nov. 2012
What can you say about a battery and a seal :)

It did the trick though I would advise taking the back off your F7 watch and that way you will be able to see the state of the current seal and may be able to get away with just a battery and save yourself some coin.

Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder
Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder

4.0 out of 5 stars Time Tutelary Auto Watch Winder, 11 May 2012
This is a very good alternative to those very expensive auto watch winders.

It does make a slight noise when winding the watch but it is quiet and smooth (if that makes sense) and not at all annoying on the ears when trying to sleep. If kept on a shelf a few feet away, then perfect.

It winds for one hour, stops for 3 and then winds for an hour (repeat and rinse)

Reason I gave it 4/5 is that it has a switch on it to let it wind anti-clockwise also and doesn't do it automatically. It either winds clockwise or anti-clockwise, though you have to press it when you want it to change direction. No biggie really but would have been better if it did it all automated.

Would this put me off buying it again if i needed to?... NOT AT ALL and for the price, it is perfect and does exactly what it says it does.

Sennheiser 504291 HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser 504291 HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back Headphones, 17 Feb. 2012
Decided to give these headphones a try due to all the decent reviews I have read and as I needed a good set of headphones due to long flights (the ones provided on the plane are just terrible)

What can I say.. These babies really cut out a lot of the background noise on the plane and they are actually pretty comfortable also which is always a bonus.

If you are not used to nouse cancelling headphones, you may have to get used to just how snug they are against your ears, though Sennheiser were well aware of this when making these and made the ear pieces quite soft and spongy so that they just shape to your ear without any uncomfortableness.

Sound quality is very good though a touch heavy on the bass but not enough to spoil your listening pleasure.

The cord is pretty long also though they provide a cord storage piece that the cord wraps around so as to keep it out of the way.

All in all, I am very happy with this product and I would definately recommend these to others.

Page: 1 | 2