Profile for AngieM > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010]
10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 5 Dec. 2013
I normally buy the Jillian Michaels DVD's but wanted something for those in-between days when I might only get 10 or 20 minutes to do a quick exercise session. The 10 Minute Solutions are perfect for this. Each DVD is split into 5 different sections targeting a specific area, eg abs, arms, stomach etc. You can choose to do as many segments as you want depending on how much time you have - I usually pick 2 and it only takes 20 minutes. Some of the moves are a bit difficult to follow the first time round and I ended up watching it all the way through first time around so that I could master the moves.

The Housemates: A Novel of Extreme Terror
The Housemates: A Novel of Extreme Terror

3.0 out of 5 stars Different and worth a read, 5 Dec. 2013
I liked the idea of a group of people in a Big Brother reality TV setting with a twist (I hate Big Brother normally so them being 'disposed of' sort of appealed to my dark side!). However, I found the main character to be a bit obnoxious. He openly admits that he used to be a bad boy and dealt drugs but then was surprised to be amongst those selected because he had changed his ways. He didn't seem to consider that the drugs he sold in the past had possibly killed someone and their family wanted revenge. He just seemed to have a bit of a "holier than thou" attitude which grated on me.

The ways in which the contestants were disposed of was a bit gruesome but didn't put me off my chocolate!

The ending was a bit rushed - almost as if the author had got fed up and just wanted to finish it.

I'd try another book by this author though.

Felco F910 Leather Holster
Felco F910 Leather Holster
Offered by HomeStore-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 5 Dec. 2013
I have bought this as a Christmas present for someone - whilst not cheap it seems well made and hopefully it will last.

Payback: Sometimes karma takes so friggin' long, you have to step in and handle things yourself. A romantic thriller and major crime read. A free book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Predicatable and boring, 5 Dec. 2013
There were too many holes in the plot, it was badly written and the number of silly spelling mistakes distracted me from what there was of the story. An easy read (if you can ignore the spelling mistakes) but probably wouldn't bother reading any more by this author.

THE SOUL FIXER (A psychological thriller)
THE SOUL FIXER (A psychological thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly boring, 5 Dec. 2013
I liked the idea of the book but found it difficult to reconcile that two seemingly intelligent people would be so easily taken in. I know the woman was desperate to make contact with her dead daughter but, honestly, would you really go trekking off to some island in the middle of nowhere without having some misgivings. I found myself rushing through it just to get to the end without really enjoying it.

Stolen
Stolen

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Stolen (Kindle Edition)
This was a really good book and although I downloaded it free, would have been happy to pay for it. The story kept me interested and it made you feel for the main character when her child was kidnapped. I normally guess the endings but this one did take me by surprise. Would definitely recommend it.

Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories
Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars I would buy other books by this author, 3 Sept. 2013
The three stories gave a bit of a taster and I would more than likely go on to buy and read other books by this author.

Three After
Three After

3.0 out of 5 stars Set of short stories, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Three After (Kindle Edition)
I quite liked the short stories although I felt they lacked a bit of oomph and were a bit predictable. I prefer this sort of thing to have a bit of a twist or sting in the tail.

314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)
314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book really, 3 Sept. 2013
On consideration I would have given this book a 3 and a half if I could have scored it. It's not a badly written book really, I didn't notice too many errors and not repetitive (which I have found with some free e-books). It was quite an unusual story which kept my attention. The main character, Alma, did irritate me a bit by the end of it though and I felt like she needed a slap on occasions as she was a bit wimpy. I imagine there will be a sequel which I would consider reading if it was priced right and providing that Alma 'mans up' a bit.

Jillian Michaels Boxed Set - Ripped in 30 + Killer Buns & Thighs [DVD]
Jillian Michaels Boxed Set - Ripped in 30 + Killer Buns & Thighs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by Empowered Media Productions UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sept. 2013
I've got a couple of other Jillian Michaels DVD's (30 Day Shred and Six Week Six Pack). I really enjoy them and feel like they work. There are a number of different levels so you can start low and work your way up, or if you are more advanced just start on the higher levels. I tend to vary depending on how energetic I'm feeling but even if I do Level 1 I still feel like I've burnt off some calories. She is easy to follow and the sessions are usually 20-30 mins long so easy to fit in on a Saturday morning or when you have a spare half an hour. Would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12