Profile for localgirlinaphotograph > Reviews

localgirlinaphotograph

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beowulf
Beowulf

1.0 out of 5 stars ... as it got so many awards but it was dull as, 10 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Beowulf (Kindle Edition)
really thought this version would be worth it as it got so many awards but it was dull as ditchwater

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug. 2015
great stuff does exactly what it is supposed to

New100 Screen Wipes Computer Monitor Phone Ipad Laptop Cleaner LCD Plasma LED TV
Offered by Price Slash UK

1.0 out of 5 stars this work ok but the container is hopeless - you ..., 10 Aug. 2015
this work ok but the container is hopeless - you are supposed to be able to pull them through the opening at the top but it does not matter whether you try taking them from the outside or from the centre they just tear when you try to put them through the opening which is really stiff and sharp. So you have to open the whole thing and find the end to tear one off every time. Would not buy again!

Pocket Calorie Counter: The Little Book That Measures and Counts Your Portions Too
by Carolyn Humphries

1.0 out of 5 stars ... little handy size book but it is not very good. Lots of things are not listed in their ..., 10 Aug. 2015
yes this is a little handy size book but it is not very good. Lots of things are not listed in their raw state so trying to work out the total content of a home made meal is more difficult. For example courgettes are listed by fried or in something. Mushrooms per average mushroom instead of by weight. I would not buy this again and am going to look in a shop for a better book that I can actually look through before buying

Before You Say Yes: Is Love Without Sex Really Enough?
Before You Say Yes: Is Love Without Sex Really Enough?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book - well worth a read, 20 July 2014
I loved this book - you think it is going to be just a fairly standard chick lit novel but there is something much better than that about it. Certainly it is mostly a fun and silly romp and easy and entertaining to read - but the parts of the story that deal with Ellie's problem with her boyfriend and indeed Jen's with her ex husband are both dealt with in a sympathetic and very heartfelt way. They are not glossed over - her pain is laid bare for us to see and understand. But this is managed without making the book maudlin or sombre. A clever mix and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and look forward to more by the same author.

Crocs Edie Stretch, Women's Sandals, Spearmint, 5 UK
Crocs Edie Stretch, Women's Sandals, Spearmint, 5 UK
Offered by Naolo

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable crocs yet, 4 July 2014
I already had these same shoes in the pink and black varieties so I was pretty sure they would fit perfectly and they do. They combine the comfort of the usual crocs sole with the added advantage of a stretch top - making them a better and more comfortable fit than any of the ones that are all plastic. This is especially good if like me you have quite high insteps. People rarely realise they are crocs until I point it out and I have had lots of compliments on them. Easy to wear yet a little more stylish than the rest - I hope crocs continue to use this design in the future.

This Boy
This Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Evocative and well written, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
I did not expect to enjoy this for some reason - it was my book club choice. But in fact it was very well written and documents a childhood that can only be described as hard - though it is never over sentimental or mawkish. His sister comes across as a remarkable personality even at a young age. Well worth a read.

Falling
Falling

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Falling (Kindle Edition)
Great little book that kept me entertained all the way through. I Look forward to more by the same author

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 1 May 2014
I have just finished this book and could not put it down. John Green takes a difficult subject and handles it wonderfully. The story takes some unexpected turns and had me crying on and off but unlike the Lovely Bones it is never mawkish and it is well written. Dont let the subject matter put you off - it is a great book and I am now going to look for more by the same author.

Three Souls: A Novel (P.S.)
Three Souls: A Novel (P.S.)
by Janie Chang

5.0 out of 5 stars Woonderful book, 1 May 2014
I had actually read this on my kindle but have bought it for my daughter for her birthday. It was recommended by a Canadian friend and I absolutely loved it. In the first couple of pages I was sceptical but then was drawn into the story. I really really did not want the book to end and that says it all for me. A wonderful evocative study of life in China in the early 20th century and a wonderful family saga at the same time centered around the main character. A clever way of telling the story too. I loved it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4